Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

What any sort of selection policy pretence went straight out the window weeks ago. The latest one bringing Jayden shortsteps straight back into the team after the year he has had.

Any way,do we just keep doing the same old thing over and over and keep playing Mansell hoping it will change? Or do we do something, anything in an attempt to find better.

Time for the latter imo.
I’ve already said Mansell should be replaced, just not by Cumberland

The Cummerbund had seven shots at goal playing as a medium sized forward. Would have been way more than a passable game if he'd converted at 50% instead of 15% of shots. Bloody flaky kicking cruelled his impact on the game.
Yeah I did post that elsewhere TM. He kicked 1-6

He is closer to selection than he was a month ago.

I’ve already said Mansell should be replaced, just not by Cumberland
Sorry didn't see where you said that. Both campbell and Mansell need to be dropped. Maurice is a problem also Simply because they hardly hit the scoreboard ever..
This is not just a 2024 problem it has been a problem for years.
Atm we are stone motherless last for goals kicked, there is more to it than just injuries.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry didn't see where you said that. Both campbell and Mansell need to be dropped. Maurice is a problem also Simply because they hardly hit the scoreboard ever..
Atm we are stone motherless last for goals kicked, there is more to it than just injuries.
After 4 games we had scored 315pts. in the next 4 games we have scored 221. If we kept up our scoring average from our 1st 4 we would be about 10th in scores.
1 guess what happened in our 4th game?

Reactions: 1 users
Is that you Claw ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
After 4 games we had scored 315pts. in the next 4 games we have scored 221. If we kept up our scoring average from our 1st 4 we would be about 10th in scores.
1 guess what happened in our 4th game?
Since it’s the Mansell thread
I’ll have a go Mansell got us over the line against the Swans :rolleyes:
and coming up to round 9 has done *smile* all ever since

Tell me how you can score when your midfield is decimated and clearly beaten by better midfielders? We are trying to counter the midfield dominance by flooding the midfield (its very clear at the ground how much we vacate our F50 now), it may not be as easy to see on TV, but its clear, we are trying to minimise scores against, which will impact our scores. Ie. we are trying to minimise how clean the ball is won out of the midfield as we just don't have the cattle there.

Injuries are a massive part of what we are seeing.

Reactions: 6 users
Tell me how you can score when your midfield is decimated and clearly beaten by better midfielders? We are trying to counter the midfield dominance by flooding the midfield (its very clear at the ground how much we vacate our F50 now), it may not be as easy to see on TV, but its clear, we are trying to minimise scores against, which will impact our scores. Ie. we are trying to minimise how clean the ball is won out of the midfield as we just don't have the cattle there.

Injuries are a massive part of what we are seeing.
Spot on. One time on the 1st q against Freo, I think it was Miller looked forward for an option and we did not have a single player forward of about 70 metres from the defensive goal and he went sideways. After halftime we worked harder at keeping at least 1 sometime 2 deep but we still brought players up to the contest and Freo had at least 1 if not 2 spare defenders. Any high or quick kick forward got easily rebounded.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, thats it. Mansell struggling for form is the single reason we cant score over the last month.
Single reason :rolleyes:
It doesn’t help does it playing Mansell as a forward 1 goal in 4 games
Forwards are meant to kick goals if they can’t they can play where they should be in Mansells case as a backman or the VFL

Single reason :rolleyes:
It doesn’t help does it playing Mansell as a forward 1 goal in 4 games
Forwards are meant to kick goals if they can’t they can play where they should be in Mansells case as a backman or the VFL
Or Campbell who hasn't kicked a goal for 6 weeks. Throw in MRJ who has just 6 goals all year and only played two good games. Why do supporters say nothing and just ignore all the fumbles he makes costing himself and us goals or goal scoring opportunities.

We are caught in a time warp where we pick forwards not to kick goals, but defend!!!!. It is no longer 2017 and injuries or not it is not good enough.

Not just the freo game where people are focussed, the whole year all 8 games we have struggled to kick goals.
We are last for goals kicked not just because of injuries.

Reactions: 1 users
Or Campbell who hasn't kicked a goal for 6 weeks. Throw in MRJ who has just 6 goals all year and only played two good games. Why do supporters say nothing and just ignore all the fumbles he makes costing himself and us goals or goal scoring opportunities.
Not all supporters. I also said players are judged to different standards.
Some people see the reincarnation of Maurice Sr. I’ve seen him play a couple of good games. And I say good, not outstanding.
We are caught in a time warp where we pick forwards not to kick goals, but defend!!!!. It is no longer 2017 and injuries or not it is not good enough.
Very good point. Sometimes our small forwards are in the defensive end of the field..
No way you can have a forward game plan from there. Or expect to kick many goals
Not just the freo game where people are focussed, the whole year all 8 games we have struggled to kick goals.
We are last for goals kicked not just because of injuries.