10,000,000 Cousins threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

10,000,000 Cousins threads [Merged]

Will Ben Cousins Be Playing In The AFL Next Year?

• Yes, At The Eagles

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Yes, At Another Club

Votes: 92 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 136 51.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 9.9%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re: Ben Cousins missing

In the Blood said:
"Telling" and "looks as though" is not proof but people are quite happy hang the guy. There is no WC, AFL or legal requirement for Cousins to be in rehab at the moment.

It widely reported Ben's court case was deferred to allow him to attend the rehab clinic in America before he had to face his charge.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com

rosy23 said:
In the Blood said:
"Telling" and "looks as though" is not proof but people are quite happy hang the guy. There is no WC, AFL or legal requirement for Cousins to be in rehab at the moment.

It widely reported Ben's court case was deferred to allow him to attend the rehab clinic in America before he had to face his charge.

And his now probably in breach of bail depending on the stipulations that were set.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland

On ABC radio news it was said he's not missing at all.
His father is preparing a media statement to be released shortly.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

rosy23 said:
In the Blood said:

And that had to be 31 October 2007 did it?

I went to a conference in Pisa in 1999. Stopped off at the Greek Islands for two weeks before though. Lucky I wasn't Ben Cousins though or I would have been considered "missing" in that period.

PS Ben is a tool but we need all the tools we can get to get the job done!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

lamb22 said:

I don't claim to know the stipulations put on him. Maybe you can enlighten us as to exactly what is required of Ben and what date he needs to have completed the rehab by.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

rosy23 said:
lamb22 said:

I don't claim to know the stipulations put on him. Maybe you can enlighten us as to exactly what is required of Ben and what date he needs to have completed the rehab by.

I'm not the one pilloring him because he is not subverting his travel routine to the whims of pontificating journalists or evangelising moralists.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Neither am I so why quote me with the smart reply?  

I only mentioned it because In The Blood said there was no legal requirement.  I believe there quite possibly is a legal requirement although I wouldn't have a clue about timelines. There would be conditions on Ben's bail for sure but I don't pretend to know what they are.

In the Blood

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 22, 2007

lamb22 said:
rosy23 said:
lamb22 said:
I'm not the one pilloring him because he is not subverting his travel routine to the whims of pontificating journalists or evangelising moralists.

Nice Chops. If the media were doing the job of journalists and actually doing some investigation and reporting the facts clearly, then this thread probably wouldn't exist. If he has stuffed up then has stuffed up, but nobody can clearly state what he has done wrong here.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007

has he been found yet? i thought the easiest thing to do would be to give hutchy a pair of Cuz' jocks to sniff and then the dog would track him down in no time at all.

marsinvenus

one eyed ferral
May 12, 2007

rosy23 said:
Neither am I so why quote me with the smart reply?

I only mentioned it because In The Blood said there was no legal requirement. I believe there quite possibly is a legal requirement although I wouldn't have a clue about timelines. There would be conditions on Ben's bail for sure but I don't pretend to know what they are.

His lawyer said his client has not breached anything.......10 news melb

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

I have it on good authority Cuz was last seen hanging with Cameron Diaz :-X :-X

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004

what a crock the media really has no idea at all, and the afl should keep their mouth shut till they know all the facts

In the Blood

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 22, 2007

clown said:
what a crock the media really has no idea at all, and the afl should keep their mouth shut till they know all the facts

Exactly :clap :clap :clap

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

clown said:

There's no doubt that the media are on a bit of a witch hunt.
I am obviously not a fan of Benny but the way the media are chasing him is pretty poor.
Don't expect it to stop if he joins Richmond.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004

Tigers of Old said:
clown said:

There's no doubt that the media are on a bit of a witch hunt.
I am obviously not a fan of Benny but the way the media are chasing him is pretty poor.

no it would get worse...

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong

In the Blood said:
"Telling" and "looks as though" is not proof but people are quite happy hang the guy. There is no WC, AFL or legal requirement for Cousins to be in rehab at the moment. Who is to say that he has not just gone OS to see some friends and that the media have decided that he is doing rehab and now all of a sudden he has "lied to everyone".

All that is happened is that the WC have sacked this guy on assumption and if he sues they know they'll probably lose and have to pay him money that will fall under the cap and that is why he is still on their list. The AFL want to get at him with bringing the game into disrepute, but is refusing a test from a patrol car sufficient? Probably not....try being convicted of drink driving (shultz) charges of assault (krakouer, Voss etc), sexual assault (St Kilda) and I don't recall any players being kicked out of the AFL.

If he takes this line and if he doesn't actually get caught on or with drugs in the meantime, he'll play football next year and I know where I would put him.....smack in the middle of the MCG in a Tiger jumper.

Go Tiges!!!
he was granted an adjournment on his court case to attend rehab.
he was booked into rehab on monday and didn`t show up.
so he`s missing from rehab,of course it`s going to be reported by the media.
all you people jumping to his defence should understand that he is a high profile afl player and a serial *smile* as well.
of course something like this will be reported by the media.
the media aren`t on a witch hunt,the worst journalist in the world could look good because of cousins because he does all the work for them.

the eagles haven`t sacked him on assumption.
it was for repeated breaches of his revised contract,the one ben cousins agreed to and signed off on.
he didn`t refuse a test from a patrol car,it was the organised crime squad who had him under surveillance.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne

tigers80 said:

no it would get worse...

there would be no need for the media to keep chasing him if he joined the Tigers - they would lose interest in him very fast if our performances stayed as they have been - media do not chase the bottom clubs for anything.