10 Commandments | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

10 Commandments

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Following comments on the Message Board and on Club Corner I've decided to post the.......

.... 10 Commandments this week at Tigerland ;D

1-Thou shalt be elated we played well on Friday night but emotion got North over the line.

2-Thou shalt be proud we are still 6 and 5 and if someone had said that we'd be in this position at the beginning of the year we would have been happy with this.

3-Thou shalt rejoice forever more in the fact that once upon a time we were also 6-2.

4-Thou shalt refrain from bagging the players as it was the same players that got us to 6 and 2.

5-Thou shalt consider the fact that although the same players got us to 6 and 2 they might be worn out because on the other end of the scale there were the same players who haven't done anything to help all year.

6-Thou shalt not feel saddened when realising there is a possibility Richmond mightn't have the mental strength for finals yet when they lose almost every game where emotion is involved.

7-Thou shalt refrain from commenting on the fact that Richmond is running out of fit players, and Thou shalt never comment on season ending injuries even though thou may be shattered.

8-Thou shalt never post when unhappy about how thy beloved Richmond Football Club is travelling.

9-Thou should probably ignore the trolls rather than spur them on.

10-Thou shalt pop open champagne bottles even after a loss and rejoice in the fact that Richmond will one day take fans to the Promised Land.

Yeah, Nah the team is primed for the next game. They're cherry ripe for Carlton. Everyone will be posting in a more positive light from now on I would have thought. We are a proud message board and everyone has the right to post their thoughts whatever their mood at the time. In the long run one day we'll have the last laugh.

Go Tiges. Eat Em Alive.

Medical Authorities warn rosy was just having fun. Taking message boards too seriously can be a health risk. ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Keeping with the biblical tone.

Miller's Ark

Thy club needeth a great flood to clean away all thy filth which thy heethens have let fester for many a year.

And I call upon Miller! to build an Ark measuring 25 players in width and in thy Ark place two player from every line starteth from the back and worketh forward.

And there thy players will shelter as thy chosen coaches and officials rain forth a terrible flood upon the punt road land and clense it of its false Kings and bits of scum who have so corrupted thy once proud club.

And then after 40 days and 40 nights of terrible offseason thy cleanout will subside and thy chosen players will emerge from the Miller Ark and be greeted by many a talented youngster chosen by thy neweth recruiting manager.

And then thy chosen players and officials will set forth upon the long road to rebuildeth thy great Richmond Football Club and leadeth thy long suffering supporters to thy promised land.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
And so it came to pass that on the second day of the twelfth week of season 2003 Richmond progressed on it's journey to the Promised Land.
They disposeth the Blues with consumate ease so the coach declared the next week would be one of rest.
In the thirteenth round the coach brought forth a new look side for the peasants enjoyment.
Once again the pilgrimage continued towards The Holy Grail.
All hail the Messiah. ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
rosy3 said:
Yeah, Nah the team is primed for the next game. They're cherry ripe for Carlton. Everyone will be posting in a more positive light from now on I would have thought. We are a proud message board and everyone has the right to post their thoughts whatever their mood at the time. In the long run one day we'll have the last laugh.

"Yeah Nah we've been down in the past couple of weeks, i would have thought, and its up to the 22 boys selected to pick themselves up, dust themselve off and step up to the plate, I would have thought. Look - its all about belief, and once we get that belief back I'm confident we can gind away a win pretty soon and get back on track, I would have thought".

Spud - the only grinding you'll be doing is chewing your tobacco back on the farm. ;D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
If thats not a bet each way Rosy I will go he......if they don't beat Carlton they will really be under pressure and even if they do they play Adelaide & Brisbane intersate where they will almost certainly be flogged both times given their interstate recoed over the last few years.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
We don't just have to beat Carlscum we have to fLOG them!! Get some percentage and belief back... when was the last time we buried an ordinary side???

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice stuff TigerFurious & Rosy.

Here's another Tiger parable based on "The Tower of Babel".

And so it came to pass that Richmond had Spud as a coach and Beck as a recruiting officer. Spud sayeth unto Beck, "Come! let us build a team so that we can rise to the top of the ladder, a height known only in the heavens, so that we can make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth". "Agreeth" Said Beck, " We will be a tower of strength".

For this task they recruited Paul Hudson, Tim Fleming, Billy Nicholls and two forms of brick known as "Pettifer" and "Fiora".

The Lord saw this blunder and said unto Himsellf "I need not intervene by changing the tongues of these men so that there is confusion in their language. It appears that they will make a mockery of themselves wihtout the need to make their communication a babble".

And so it came to pass that Richmond finished ninth and did not build to a tower of strength.