10 minute half time !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

10 minute half time !!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
10 minutes is too short - like Shockings list of groundbreaking ideas

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not enough time to take a ****, go outside for a smoke, get some more beers and chat about the first half.
Not even enough time to push your way through the Schooner Express line in the Bull Ring, old chap! Let alone down it!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Hetti

Tiger Cub
Mar 30, 2007
If half time was shorter would we have to pay more because we lost the pleasure of being bombarded by the ads and listening to the drivel?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
10 minutes to do a *smile*, get a pie, 4 beers, have another *smile* and walk back to my seat. Miss half of the 3rd Q

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'm surprised at the negativity. Think it is a great idea. At least reduce to 12 or even 15 minutes

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not for me. I love the feeling of half-time, have a beer or a pie, think about the first half, anticipate the second. I remember as a kid though half-time seemed like an eternity.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not for me. I love the feeling of half-time, have a beer or a pie, think about the first half, anticipate the second. I remember as a kid though half-time seemed like an eternity.
Same here. Used to be some down time for the angry fans.

Get ready for Shocking to introduce the shot clock in 2023.

• Sad

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
If I'm home watching on a Friday night and had a few reds during and after dinner, I sometimes tend to faint during the long half-time ad break. Then at 1am I have to log onto the internet to find out the final scores. A 10 minute half-time break could well be a solution for this little inconvenience.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
How about those that need a toilet break at half time...patrons that is?

The queues are long enough as it is, especially I am told for the women.

Why the hell does the AFL have to alter the rules every year??

For God's sake, just leave it alone.

And, get rid of that Hocking!!!

Reactions: 3 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
AFL can go & get stuffed , Gil your time is up & take that Muppet Hocking with ya ..

Reactions: 4 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
It will bite them on the arse when food and beverage vendors start complaining about the drop-off in sales.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
If SHocking gets his way with this what will be next ?. Maybe go the Irish way no point posts. Over a point under a goal. This would eliminate those nasty time wasting replays for touched balls etc etc.

Tazzytiger

Tiger Cub
Mar 1, 2008
If I'm home watching on a Friday night and had a few reds during and after dinner, I sometimes tend to faint during the long half-time ad break. Then at 1am I have to log onto the internet to find out the final scores. A 10 minute half-time break could well be a solution for this little inconvenience.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How about those that need a toilet break at half time...patrons that is?

The queues are long enough as it is, especially I am told for the women.

Why the hell does the AFL have to alter the rules every year??

For God's sake, just leave it alone.

And, get rid of that Hocking!!!

yep my first thought was there will be rivers of *smile* flowing down the aisles at The G at half time.

The MCC will have to put an ag-pipe right around the fence, effectively turning the ground into the largest infinite urinal in the world.

• Wow

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Don’t mind it, reckon it’ll suit us (system oriented, not much change in tactic from week to week, elite endurance)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
yep my first thought was there will be rivers of **** flowing down the aisles at The G at half time.

The MCC will have to put an ag-pipe right around the fence, effectively turning the ground into the largest infinite urinal in the world.
Don't they sell some sort of special adult nappy in the USA to sports fans that are simply to lazy to get up n take a dunny break during games?? Problem solved n no need for a qtr or half time break at all. Things might start to get it a bit rank on the train ride home though.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
yep my first thought was there will be rivers of **** flowing down the aisles at The G at half time.

Don't know why they would need the drainage, it never seemed to bother them in the 1970s when no-one could move in the standing areas. :eek:

DS

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
100% certain the players will be in favour of it, which is showing in the social media stuff I've seen.

From a player management point of view, the siren sounds and the 20 minutes starts.

It takes 2-3 minutes for them to leave the ground and be in the rooms and then the same process as quarter time takes place anyway. Some guys need a massage, we monitor hydration and fuel intake and assess injuries.

We are working around the coaches and player discussions anyway so it is all done in about the same time as a quarter break anyway.

Those guys only need a few minutes to recover, so we quickly have to shift to preventing increased injury risk or decreased output risk by entering a recovery phase, so we get them moving again, firstly in the rooms, then outside for a warm-up again.

If we shaved it back to 10 minutes it would essentially just be another quarter break and assuming they stay on the ground players, coaches and performance staff wouldn't notice any reduction in normal business.

We would essentially just be giving up having to warm them up again because they were allowed to cool down by the length of the break.

Extra interchanges should be re-introduced to help