10 minute half time !!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just more **** to **** up the experience and culture of our game im my opinion.

How can you have a ****, get a pie, grab a tray of beer, check the race results, phone a mate whose watching on TV to compare notes, cheer on the little league, peruse the record AND ask the bloke beside you how he or she are feeling

In 10 minutes

Get ****** Gil.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The licensed vendors will be waiting at the doors with baseball bats :D :D
Nah, they'll love it. Sell at the same price but not need to dress up the retail point. Slash costs. Instead of 30 or 40 chip fryers across the stadium, they'll just have one massive automated fryer under the centre square pushing out hot chips to distribution points all over the ground.

If you haven't already, have a read up on dark kitchens and ghost restaurants. Your delivery restaurant meal most likely isn't coming from the restaurant itself.

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010
You could even lease the food stalls for other stuff. Have all the food cooked deep down in the dungeons of the venues away from the masses.
Turn the old food stalls into more toilets?

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Auskick before the game is their proposal.

I imagine venues would get annoyed as food sales etc will decrease. I know I've skipped a drink if the queue is too long and I'm going to miss the action. Let alone needing time to dispose of that which went into the system earlier.

Against.
I'm against too, we shouldn't be trying to be like other games, our game is our game. I like a break at half time. I'd also like there to be less of the crap on the scoreboard and through the PA at half time, let us be for a moment, we don't need to be entertained during half time breaks, the footy is the only entertainment we came to see.

As for the food venues, like most food venues, they need to actually employ enough staff to serve the number of customers they know they will get. The queues are too long because they don't have enough staff. In any case the food venues have little power.

We also need to cater more for the fans at the ground. I have often felt like I'm there as decoration for the TV coverage. I think the clubs need to speak up on this as it is the members, who own the clubs, who are at the ground. TV should not be so controlling, I reckon a fair number of people turn off because of all the ads.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
Spoke to Jeff Kennett last night.
Very very vocal against this crap.

Said ( we agreed ) that the AFL will in time shorten the quarters as well. Its his fear.

Just leave our game alone.
Its unique to Australia.

Why do we have to copy other codes or Americanised our sport so much.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Spoke to Jeff Kennett last night.
Very very vocal against this crap.

Said ( we agreed ) that the AFL will in time shorten the quarters as well. Its his fear.

Just leave our game alone.
Its unique to Australia.

Why do we have to copy other codes or Americanised our sport so much.
Your spot on.
Why shorten half time?? Leave the game alone ffs
*They introduced 6.6.6 to increase scoring. Huge fail.
*They introduced the kick in rule, it has made no difference to congestion.
*They introduced the "ARK"
What a disgrace.
*The sliding rule, umpires change the interpretation on a weekly basis.
Hocking isnt improving the game.

If we were '2010" like, i wouldn't watch footy.

Reactions: 1 user

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bali/Jakarta
Nah, they'll love it. Sell at the same price but not need to dress up the retail point. Slash costs. Instead of 30 or 40 chip fryers across the stadium, they'll just have one massive automated fryer under the centre square pushing out hot chips to distribution points all over the ground.

If you haven't already, have a read up on dark kitchens and ghost restaurants. Your delivery restaurant meal most likely isn't coming from the restaurant itself.

Oh I get it now

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
As for the food venues, like most food venues, they need to actually employ enough staff to serve the number of customers they know they will get. The queues are too long because they don't have enough staff. In any case the food venues have little power.
I think most of that is on the home club.

I believe the home club agrees with the MCG as to how many food stalls bars etc will open because it impacts the bottom line on the takings for each game. We certainly err on shutting things too much at our games.