• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

10 minute half time !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
SHocking now suggesting AFL will soon become AFLM Australian Football Legue Men & AFLW will be Australian Football League Women. SHocking must be some ones Dummy most probably Scott Brothers Incorporated.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I couldn't believe the angst I read about this today.

Would it really make any difference at all if it was AFLM? Who would even care?
Would make F*** All difference and anyway, it just ain't gonna happen.

Just a beat-up for the usual right wing nutbags to get in a tizz about. They seem very fragile and easy to offend.

DS

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
Would make F*** All difference and anyway, it just ain't gonna happen.

Just a beat-up for the usual right wing nutbags to get in a tizz about. They seem very fragile and easy to offend.

DS
Keeps the AFL front and centre in the media(newspapers, talk back radio and other platforms talking about AFL all related.

AFL must be worried about other codes , plus the fact their big frontier into China looks like a bust and game being scrapped because of the coronavirus....

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
SHocking now suggesting AFL will soon become AFLM Australian Football Legue Men & AFLW will be Australian Football League Women. SHocking must be some ones Dummy most probably Scott Brothers Incorporated.
Does this make AFLM the 3rd era in the game?
VFL, AFL, AFLM
Interstate chumps said All previous VFL premierships don’t count.
Would this be the same for AFLM?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
when I first read that SH was looking at changing it to AFLM I thought I was reading a Titus O ‘Reilly piece.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
when I first read that SH was looking at changing it to AFLM I thought I was reading a Titus O ‘Reilly piece.

Kennett stepping down end of sason but gives SHocking a well deserved serve for idiocy. Got me beat as it is quite clear SHocking is as useless as tits on a bull to everyone except the AFL Commission. When you look at the AFL Commission it is just a Punch & Judy puppet show with Gillon "Yawn'" MacLachlan pulling the strings.

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I think I'll probably still go to the "footy" and watch the "footy" on TV no matter what the marketing peeps call it.

But they (Hocking and co.) can **** right off with changing the rules all the time.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
This really is so simple - the game is called Australian Rules (not AFL you wankers at wherever AFL House is now); AFL is the elite competition and there is a men's league and a women's league. The mistake was calling the women's league AFLW. They are both AFL.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
AFL Grand Final to stay a day game for 2020 but what about next year & beyond with the Chair Goyder plonking for a twilight game. Only reason for change is for TV broadcasters to make more moolah. Time for someone with balls to speak up & tell the broadcasters that the AFL run the game not them.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I presume when the next broadcasting rights get negotiated (2023?) the GF will become a twilight event.