10 minute half time !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

10 minute half time !!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
My personal view, and I know many players and high performance people disagree, is that reduced interchange is a good thing to slow them down a bit.

If you have an unlimited ceiling on physical performance then they will just keep going faster, longer and stronger until something gives, either physical breakdown or the pressure to become super human brings a PED culture in the way cycling has had issues.

Absolutely
Two unrelated issues here and fwiw my take is
- shorter half time break
- no increase to interchanges - and ideally reduce them to 80 (I'm assuming it's currently 90 per game?)

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Another issue surfacing at the AFL is that some AFL staff including ex AFL player Dean Rice have been dismissed from the AFL workforce in an unsavoury manner with Xmas just around the corner. Do not know if this is in SHocking's inbox so shall hav eto wait & see what develops.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
So what’s the PRE for /against running at?

I’m against

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
People at the game get shafted.
People at home get rewarded.

Reactions: 2 users

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Its great to be able to have a kick outside with kids and have a quick toilet before back to seats for the game, but why would you want to cater to the fans that go.... they stopped that years ago when they took the ressies away

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
people talk about having enough time to get drinks and go to the toilet at half time. We can't do much about going to the toilet unless they improve toilet facilities, but we can improve getting access to food and drink. I'm sure some time soon stadiums will introduce apps where you can click and collect food and drink. its just a matter of time before this occurs.

Agree although the 10 mins might be an ambit claim and I’d also be happy with 12 or 15

I reckon 13-14 minutes is more realistic. 2 x 5 minutes halves for Auskick. 90-120 seconds to get on and off the ground.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If they go for 10mins, or close too it, I reckon the clubs might decide to stay on the ground rather than coming off. Auskick at half time might be a thing of the past. We'll just have the ads to entertain us at half time

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Auskick before the game is their proposal.

I imagine venues would get annoyed as food sales etc will decrease. I know I've skipped a drink if the queue is too long and I'm going to miss the action. Let alone needing time to dispose of that which went into the system earlier.

Against.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Auskick before the game is their proposal.

I imagine venues would get annoyed as food sales etc will decrease. I know I've skipped a drink if the queue is too long and I'm going to miss the action. Let alone needing time to dispose of that which went into the system earlier.

Against.

Deliveroo or UBER Eats at venues. They'll deliver to your seat, no need to worry about payment as it's straight of your credit card. I'd be surprised if it didnt start very soon.

You could even lease the food stalls for other stuff. Have all the food cooked deep down in the dungeons of the venues away from the masses.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Deliveroo or UBER Eats at venues. They'll deliver to your seat, no need to worry about payment as it's straight of your credit card. I'd be surprised if it didnt start very soon.

You could even lease the food stalls for other stuff. Have all the food cooked deep down in the dungeons of the venues away from the masses.
Gonna be hard riding those electric bikes at the G.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

The licensed vendors will be waiting at the doors with baseball bats :D :D

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Yeah what about auskick

Stupid idea

What's driving it?

Driven purely by the broadcaster who don't like the ratings dropping off after half time. They want to keep bums on seats at home, but couldn't give a stuff about the fans at the ground

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just more *smile* to *smile* up the experience and culture of our game im my opinion.

How can you have a *smile*, get a pie, grab a tray of beer, check the race results, phone a mate whose watching on TV to compare notes, cheer on the little league, peruse the record AND ask the bloke beside you how he or she are feeling

In 10 minutes

Get *smile* Gil.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The licensed vendors will be waiting at the doors with baseball bats :D :D

Nah, they'll love it. Sell at the same price but not need to dress up the retail point. Slash costs. Instead of 30 or 40 chip fryers across the stadium, they'll just have one massive automated fryer under the centre square pushing out hot chips to distribution points all over the ground.

If you haven't already, have a read up on dark kitchens and ghost restaurants. Your delivery restaurant meal most likely isn't coming from the restaurant itself.