1930's Footy cards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1930's Footy cards

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007
i had a bit of a look ay the cards yesterday...i certainly have a few! i have quite afew richmond ones that are very old. i also have a lot of the series that is mentioned on the home page of carnegie collectibles..the richmond ones i have are very very old. a lot of these cards are very early 1900s. they were collected by my pa who died in 1967 aged about 65 or so so he collected them as a boy and they have been sitting in their tins ever since then. i have C Backhouse
F Justins A Edmonds E Ruddock J Murdoch E Zscech A Geddes B Mc Cormack J Baggott T OHalloran R Martin ( 16) apparantly he was a rover..J Titus..G Strang ( mustve been two G Strangs i think) andanother B Mc Cormack..same player..different picture.

and a heap of others from all the clubs...

Growl

Ten flags and counting
Apr 3, 2007
They're all our legends, Ronnit!

You haven't been reading Blast From the Past, have you?

Geoff Strang was the son of Doug and the nephew of Gordon ("Cocker").

You won't find a lot about Backhouse as most RFC histories only record the VFL/AFL days. Backhouse was our leading goalkicker in 1900 when we were VFA.

Is your Backhouse like this?

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007
ha ha i wish.,,i have no idea what these are worth..i watched blast from the past last week actually@!! i have a few other tigers too but i have put them all neatly away in number and card type order andcant be bothered tonite pulling them all out again...i am going to ring carnegie collectors tomorrow and speak to them and hopefully might get a chance to take them down there so they can have a look

the race horse ones i have a are in beautiful condition..and a lot of the footy cards are in the same great condition...so fingers crossed i have a goodie in there!!!

oh and yes..that is the card i have the same as that pic of backhouse :)

premiers2011

Eat 'em Alive!!
Oct 22, 2007
Sounds like you've got some good ones there Ronni.
Look forward to seeing what Carnegie Collectibles have to say.
Hope you do well for all involved!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007
ha ha ....well...i have a brother who wont want a cut from them cos he is such a lovely brother :):):)
;)