1980 replay on now ... Foxtel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1980 replay on now ... Foxtel

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Merv Keane was great, I always figured that was why Rance was honoured with his number.

How about Jim Jess's kicks out from goal, pretty much to the middle. I still have memories of Jess kicking out from goal, and *smile* Clay before him.

DS
Yes and Fred Swift before them, man couldn't Freddie get onto a drop kick.

RIP.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
What flies under the radar a bit is that their FIFTH most recent premiership is 1936, which is an amazing stat for the "biggest" club in the land.
Imagine Manchester United with a record like that?
Ours is 1973. Hawthorn's is 1991.
the Man United is going and how they are being run, it might be repeated

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yes and Fred Swift before them, man couldn't Freddie get onto a drop kick.

RIP.

Before my time, but I've seen the 1967 GF and yep, he sure could kick a drop kick. Didn't know he was number 18.

Fred Swift was a great player and premiership captain.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Before my time, but I've seen the 1967 GF and yep, he sure could kick a drop kick. Didn't know he was number 18.

Fred Swift was a great player and premiership captain.

DS
Fred wore number 15.

Last edited:

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
What flies under the radar a bit is that their FIFTH most recent premiership is 1936, which is an amazing stat for the "biggest" club in the land.
Imagine Manchester United with a record like that?
Ours is 1973. Hawthorn's is 1991.

Looking forward to 2017 being 5th most recent premiership

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Merv Keane was great, I always figured that was why Rance was honoured with his number.

How about Jim Jess's kicks out from goal, pretty much to the middle. I still have memories of Jess kicking out from goal, and *smile* Clay before him.

DS

Going by video footage only, Clay was unreal. I have seen footage of him at Moorabbin one day latch on to a torp kicking out from full back that comfortably cleared the centre of the ground. I am not sure of the dimensions of Moorabbin, but that is one hell of a kick.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
This is my pride & joy, worth a packet too I reckon, signed by TJ and all players except Brutus & Woosha who had both sadly passed

1980.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users