1980 season highlights dvd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1980 season highlights dvd

langers1971

Tiger Cub
Mar 4, 2008
apart from the 1980 grand final, there is absolutely nothing available from Richmonds last premiership season.

i went through my archives, and have put together a season highlights dvd for Richmond 1980, from round 1 to r22, as well as the qualifying final v carlton and 2nd semi final v geelong. i have not included any grand final footage, i figure plenty of people have this already.

The dvd goes for 110 minutes, and the quality is not too bad either considering the age of the footage.

if anyone is interested in a copy, please send me a pm, and i will reply to you.

thank you

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
Thanks for sending the DVD through Langers....I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Some great footage of the finals against Carlton and Geelong as well.

I would recommend to anyone who wants to relive the glory year.

Great stuff langers.

:clap

langers1971

Tiger Cub
Mar 4, 2008
Also, if anyone is interested, i have many many richmond games from the 1980's on dvd.

for a copy of my vfl football video catalogue, please send me a pm with your email address, and i will forward you a copy.

cheers

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
This DVD is fantastic.
To the viewer sanitised by modern day footy, it is extraordinary to be reminded how rough and tumble it was even as relatively recently as 1980.

And to me the most distinct difference between watching footy from 1980 and from 2012 is the commentary. They just called the game back then. Not trying to impose themselves on the viewer.

I'd still love to get the entire third quarter of the 1973 Preliminary Final.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
23.21.159 said:
To the viewer sanitised by modern day footy, it is extraordinary to be reminded how rough and tumble it was even as relatively recently as 1980.

And to me the most distinct difference between watching footy from 1980 and from 2012 is the commentary. They just called the game back then. Not trying to impose themselves on the viewer.

Yes, these things have changed noticeably. The game was more free and wild and unpredictable. And fun. These days it's more intense, but not necessarily "better".

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Yes, I enjoyed mine too, thoroughly.

Thanks Langers.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
I'd love to see this especially the North game where St. Francis face is covered in claret.

Love to see the 82 H and A.
I think we beat the Saints and Melbourne by 100 points in consecutive weeks.
I remember becauser I got bored of us thrasdhing teams that I headed up the top of the G stands and had a cheesel throwing competition to see where it would land outside the ground lol.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
smasha said:
I'd love to see this especially the North game where St. Francis face is covered in claret.

Love to see the 82 H and A.
I think we beat the Saints and Melbourne by 100 points in consecutive weeks.
I remember becauser I got bored of us thrasdhing teams that I headed up the top of the G stands and had a cheesel throwing competition to see where it would land outside the ground lol.

Playing kick to kick at the cement jungle in the Ponsford Stand was a way to beat the one-sided games.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Was at the G that last day in September in 1980.
Went with my Collingwood mate.
He poured a beer over my head during the third quarter because he was so pissed-off.
I wasn't happy with the drenching, yet just pointed to the scoreboard and grinned.
He laughed. Sorta.
He paid for the beers for the rest of that very loooong night.
We both laugh about it now.