2 queries? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2 queries?

A

admin

I know it's been asked before, but maybe one of the new people to this site can tell us who Diana Jones, the clubs no 1 ticket holder is?
Also can somebody please tell me what year it was when we came from behind at the OO to defeat the blues and end their finals aspirations?
How sweet it was. ;D
Thanks in anticipation guys.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Have no idea on the first Rosy but for the second I was still in primary school when that happened grade 5 or 6 I think. So that'd be 97 0r 96. I'm not sure one of those years I think? If that even is the game your talking about ???

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Cannot help you with Diana Jones - I wonder that myself. Our No.1 female ticket holder used to be Denise Drysdale.

The year of that wonderful day was 1997 - the victory guaranteed Jeff Gieschen the senior coaching job in 1998. ;)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Amazing I was right  :eek: Still remember that day I was going to go to a friends place but dad wouldn't take me until the game finished so I had to sit and wait at home (we didn't go to that game for some reason.) The win was even better seeing my mum goes for carlton she was not happy at all, was even angrier after we got stuck into her :rollin I would have only been 11 then  ;D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
11 :-/ that's wonderful.... I would have been ??? ??? er....... it does't matter..... I'll be brave i was 30 and it was a couple weeks before my wedding

A

admin

Thanks guys, I just ordered it from name a game. Was that the game one of our players (Prescott?? oldtimers again) was reported for time wasting when he was being stretchered off unconscious.
Must be one of the funniest reports ever.....wonder why it was withdrawn? ? ?
The funniest thing that day, (apart from the blues supporters crying ;D ;D) I think was Benny and Richo trying to play keepings off over Sos's head in the goalsquare instead of taking their shot at goal.
You've gotta love them, ha.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
ah my memories of that game

1) Powely giving Couta the kiss my a getture in the third quarter

2) Scooty and Bulli ( I think it was him) playing with so much bandages on that they could have sold advertising space.

3) Bulli once agint Coliding head on with a carlton player (peirce I think) in the back line in the final term and only Bulli getting back up

and wasn't the report on Chris Pond not precott for crossing the line on strecher just before half time at the players bench rather than going stright off hence wasting time.

Lets Roar like that again Tigers

Khan

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Two futher things

Sorry for my typing my fingers dont seem to want to go where they are told today

That game guanteed that we dont play carlto at OO anymore ( 2'nd sell out there in a row)

:-[

A

admin

That's another vivid memory of that game Khan. The flocks of people leaving the ground as we were arriving, cos there were no tickets for sale. It's the kind of exodus you'd expect half way through the last quarter, but not before the starting siren.
I can't wait till the video comes to see the game again. I love hard fought, tough, last man standing Tiger wins.

A

admin

hey rosy i just ordered the game round 15 1998 when we thrashed Carlton remember that?
Refresh our memory. Something makes me thing Daffy probably fluked a good game that round, ha. ;D

BTW, I'm expecting a call from the club on Monday to tell us who Diana Jones is.

A

admin

Somebody from the RFC just told me about our number 1 ticket holder, Diana Jones.
She does a lot of work for charity.
Is the National Deputy Chairman of the Order Of Australia Association.
Chairman of the Eye Research Foundation.
Director of Opera Australia.
Is a keen tennis player who's supported the Tiges since she was 5.
So now we know a tad more anyway, ha.