2003 Player of the year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2003 Player of the year

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Re:player of the year ROUND 5 VOTES

3. Campbell - did alright.
2. Johnson - ok, I guess.
1. Chaffey - good, but not great.

Apologies to Coughlan, Tivendale, Stafford and Newman.

-3. Petiffer - LOOOOOOOSSSSSSSEEEEEERRRRRRR.
-2. Fiora - Its not his fault he's only average at best.
-1. Hilton - Attack of the crap first round draft picks.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002

3. Johnson - class, class & class - is that why we recruited him? Oh and he isn't afraid to do the tough stuff

2. Cogs - watch the 2nd half and that will explain it

1. Cambo - I will now say it because I have been officially won over. Wayne Campbell is a great captain

Special mentions to : Chaffey in the 2ndt qtr when we were awful he was great.

Richo - watch the tape and check ou the shepherd to allow Rodan to goal. That's when he first hurt his hammie.

Staff - kicks goals like a rover.

Newman - that kid continues to impress

Danny Frawley - gee I would have loved to have heard that speech at 1/4 time

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns

3. Campbell - Inspirational game, one of his best.
2. Johnson - Well beaten early, dominated after a spell on the bench.
1. Chaffey - Another great effort.

After that it was a fine team effort all round with Cogs and Richo also outstanding.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland

Hmm hard one this week.

3. Chaffey
2. Houlihan - playing a lot better than last year
1. Krakouer - 2 goals count for something

Apologies to Johnson, Cambo, Richo, Staff and Newman (can't believe how well he's doing this year)

PS: Sorry TG but I really must agree with everyone else in saying that Pettifer really should be dropped. Joel Bowden also needs a kick up the bum, just because he was clever last week doesn't mean the same thing will work this week.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003

3. Johnson - no fuss, no frills, just does the team things
2. Coughlan - I'll stop before I even start
1. Campbell

Special mentions to:

Mark Chaffey - hard to leave him out of the votes
Andrew Krakouer - his attack on the ball early in the 3rd quarter, which resulted in a goal to Stafford was sensational
Richo
Chris Newman
Greg Stafford
Adam Houlihan

Sensational to see players doing the "team" things. Great stuff.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne

Patience is a virtue.....

1. Suger Kane Johnson - underlined all the reasons why we picked him up.

2. Sherriff Campbo - Rules the roost. Great comeback after looking shot to pieces when he came off early in the second.

3. Richo - Helped bring the whole team into the game.

Hon mentions - Newman - getting better and better, Staff - Controlled game out of the middle, Tiva - keep it up son, Krak - welcome back

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

3. Cogs (again)- if you are looking for a good bet, put a tenner on him for the Brownlow
2. Campbo- I am sorry i used to bag him.
1. Chaffey- a real pro.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003

3 - Johnson (Hard and tough in the clinches, good user of the footy - great pick up)

2 - Campbell (Mr Consistency plays well every week)

1 - Coughlan (this boy has been fantastic, a pleasure to watch, keep it up)

Apologies to Chaff.

TigerEmma

Proud Richmond & Coburg Member
Dec 18, 2002
Victoria
Oh we're from Tigerland

What an amazing win to come back from 51 points down. :eek:
Well done Tigers and great effort :)
Would have to be one of the best Richmond games I've ever been to.
All the noise the Richmond supporters made when we were coming back in the 3rd quarter was great.
Yep again so hard to do the votes for this week

3 Coughlan
2 Johnson
1 Campbell

Mentions to Chaffey Richo Stafford Gapar Newman Krakouer Tivendale

Go The Mighty Tigers ;D

T

tiga chikk

3 - johnson
2 - Cougs
1- Chaffey

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
PLAYER OF THE YEAR-Round 6 votes.

Results from round 5
Johnson-57
Campbell-40
Coughlan-33
Chaffey-22
Richardson-4
Newman-3
Houlihan-2
Krakouer-1

Progressive votes after round 5
Coughlan-166
Campbell-141
Tivendale-80
Johnson-67
Bowden-48
Rodan-45
Cameron-41
Gaspar-34
Chaffey-29
A.Kellaway-20
Richardson-19
Newman-14
Hall-8
Stafford-7
Houlihan-6
Hilton-5
Zantuck-2
Krakouer-1

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Re:pLAYER OF THE YEAR-Round 6 votes.

Coughlan 3
Newman 2
Stafford 1

With mentions to Cameron Kellaway Chaffey and Rogers

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003

Could have snatched this game if our disposals were better. But saying that is like saying I could have belted Mike Tyson if i was a better boxer. Our skills were substandard and we got exposed by a more skillfull side. We were also killed in the tactical department. Why Danny kept Zantuck on the speedy Shaun Burgoyne is a mystery to me. Good to see however that we continued to have a dip and fought it out reasonably well despite looking structureless and purposeless out there at times. Really dissapointed in our midfield's performance. Though we are purported to have "hard nuts" like Coughlan and Johnson I don't think either have the nous of a Campbell when it comes to clearing the ball. Though Campbell has been given *smile* over his career for being soft, no one at Richmond comes close to matching his work at sharking the ball from the center and feeding it off to players. Really missed him. *smile*!!! Anyway, the votes...

3 - The umpires - Far and away had the most influence on the game. They usually get B.O.G honours over in Adeliade.

2 - Newman - One of the few tigers to look the part. Some great rebounding and some ok work in the center.

1 - Chaffey - Should have given him a vote last week but i'll give him one now. Kept us from getting slaughtered early and soldiered on in an undermanned backline

Some mention to -

Kellaway - A fair job on Cornes

Stafford - Shafted in the ruck but did some good plays around the ground

Hilton - A better effort than last week, showed a bit of grit

Cameron - Looked threatening going forward

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003

said before the game that if we got within 6 goals I'd be happy so I suppose I'm happy although if Stafford kicks that sitter from just outside the goalsquare we had them starting to doubt themselves.

Vote were difficult:

3. Coughlan
2. Newman
1. Stafford

Hilton got a fair bit of hit but for *** sake can someone teach him how to kick it with a bit of penetration. Losing Campbell hurt us as he would have been another good option up forward.

Leaving Zantuck on S. Burgoyne(sp?) really hurt us and surely trying someone else could not have hurt.

Special mention to Gaspar who toiled manfully all night and layed a wicked tackle on Wanganeen early in the game which resulted in a free kick to Wanganeen for what though, I am unsure, but worth it none the less.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003

OMH said:
Special mention to Gaspar who toiled manfully all night and layed a wicked tackle on Wanganeen early in the game which resulted in a free kick to Wanganeen for what though, I am unsure, but worth it none the less.

That was the worst umpiring decision i have seen!!!!! That was a perfect tackle, he nearly split wanganeen in half and the umpires penalised him. Honestly, something has got to be done about the umpiring interstate. Those white pricks get overawed and intimidated by the crowd over threre and pay some of the biggest *smile* decisions imagineable. By the way, that Wanganeen free kick lead to a port goal (the first wasn't it?)

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

3:Newman[by far our best player on the night.]
2:Coughlan[not as good as other weeks but still good]
1:Kellaway[typical any game]

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

johnson2richo2003 said:
3:Newman[by far our best player on the night.]

j2r who was Newmo's opponent? I didn't give him a vote even though he played well cos I thought it was Nick Stevens and he got a lot of the ball.
I'll pay more attention when I watch the video, IF I can force myself to watch it again, ha.