2003 Player of the year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2003 Player of the year

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Re:pLAYER OF THE YEAR-Round 6 votes.

I think you're right rosy about Newman being on Stevens but it may have been the first quarter. That's what it sounded like on the crackley radio.

3. Cogs
2. AK
1. Newman

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval

My Votes
-3: To the AFL for being greedy money hungry bastards
-2: To the AFL for not allowing 5aa to broadcast the game through their website and the game only being televised on Foxtel while the Collingwood Vs. Sydney game is televised on free-to-air even though it's being played in Melbourne.
-1: To the AFL for their *smile* website which tells me absolutely nothing.

Bit pointless me giving any votes when I didn't see or hear the game

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

3. AK - Did well
2. Chaffey - did ok.
1. Newman - Well beaten by Stevens but he tries unlike other 3rd year hacks.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002

From a freezing aluminium seat at AAMI stadium

3 - Stafford - great effort big fella - and maybe you should have a word to Wakelin about how to actually make contact (sick joke i know). If you did the same it would have been 50!!!!

2 - Andy Kellaway - beat Cornes early and then ran and ran off the half backk line just to try and give us target forward.

1 - A toss up - but I'll go for.... COGS - clearly not a CHF but got up after that knock and kept presenting and contesting.

And a very special mention to Bidders ;D. Great effort in the 3rd when you hit that pack and cleared the ball - saved a certain goal. (Signed your Prez ;))

As for those who clearly needed help....

Hello TY Zantuck - there was a game on. Clearly you were not - switched on

Hello KPettifer - just once don't crack the sads when you drop a mark and I promise I will applaud you.

Hello - Joel you can kick it 50 metres please try that a little bit more often - thanks

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003

3. Newman - good to see his confidence building and to see a young player using initiative and showing some dash
2. Stafford - we just needed two of him
1. Gaspar - this was hard. But I'll give it to Gas, just 'cos he at least made Tredrea know he was there and made him work hard

Special mentions:

Krakouer - he just needs game time and opportunities
Coughlan - nowhere near as influential as previous weeks, but at least was a consistent contributor throughout the whole game
Fiora - good to see him make a valuable contribution on the night
Fleming - lets the opposition know he's around

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003

3 - Stafford ( teh only player that looked like taking a mark up forward)

2 - A Kellaway (beat Cornes and provided a bit of run from defence)

1 - Coughlan (battled all night and was our only midfielder who didn't get beaten by his opponent).

Apologies to Chaff who started well but faded as the game went on.

Newman got a fair bit of the ball but so did his opponent Nick Stevens. Needs to play a lot tighter in these roles. His disposal was poor on occasions also.

T

tiga chikk

3 - Newman
2 - Cougs
1 - Chaffey

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne

2- Stafford

2 - Newman

1 - Coughlan

1 - Cameron

Still a total of 6 votes, no one really worthy of 3 this week

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Round 7 - PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTES (vs Essendon)

Results of Round 6

Stafford-25
Newman-25
Coughlan-19
A Kellaway-16
Cameron-6
Chaffey-4

Progressive votes after round 6
Coughlan-185
Campbell-141
Tivendale-80
Johnson-67
Bowden-48
Cameron-47
Rodan-45
Newman-39
A.Kellaway-36
Gaspar-34
Chaffey-33
Stafford-32
Richardson-19
Hall-8
Houlihan-6
Hilton-5
Zantuck-2
Krakouer-1

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Re:Round 7 - PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTES (vs Essendon)

This is too hard -

3 - Coughlan - hard and jeez he's good.
2 - Krak - the boy arrived today.
1- Gaspar - did nothing wrong all day.

Apologies to the rest of the side - including Johnson, Chaffey, Kellaway, Tivvers, Bowden, Newman, Stafford, even Vardy was terrific today. Impressed with Pettifer's game, despite a couple of high kicks and VFL disposals. Zantuck was better today, did a couple of sensational things - unfortunately Rogers and Fiora are out of form...

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

This is way to hard this week! I may have to watch the replay a few times to decide but I want to mention most of the team here as it was a great team effort...
OK here goes mentions to Johnson Coughlan Chaffey Fiora Stafford Krakouer AK Tivs Bowden Gaspar Zantuck and also special mentions to Vardy Pettifer and Biddiscombe who all did their bit today and didn't look out of place at all! Hopefully being part of a succesful team against our nemesis will spur these guys on and this can only benefit the team!! GREAT WIN!!
GO TIGERS!

Tom_Hafey

Tiger Cub
Dec 17, 2002

3. Andrew Krakour
2. Mark Coughlan
1. Kane Johnson

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003

I'm vibed!!!!!! Best we've played in YONKS!!!!

To win and win so convincingly without so many good players was a tremendous effort!!! Here's my take on the votes after a few too many beers and a hazy recollection... Might have to revise it after watching the game on the box.

3 - Krakouer - The game cracker. Did the flashy stuff and backed it up with some good tackles and forward line pressure. More please!

2 - Johnson - Lots of quality touches and does it in cruise control. Smooth operator.

1 - Coughlan - Its scary to think how strong this kid will be by the time he's 25. Was targeted all day and didn't give an inch. Balls and braun = Coughlan. Still needs to work on his kicking to have the total package.

Mentions -

Pettifer - wtf, lol. See what happens when you stop sooking!!! Has some talent, needs to do it consistently. Some bad kicks but some good endeavour which made up for it.

Chaffey - Got us going in the first quarter - again! Love the way he plays, love the way he holds the ball and love the way he walks as if he's built like a brick *smile* house.

Tivendale - Was this guy hibernating last year? Has totally turned it around this year.

Kellaway - Always does what is required.

Gaspar - Totally blanketed the velvet hammer.

Also congrats to Stafford, Biddiscombe, Cameron, Bowden and anyone else I forgot. Great team win!!!!!

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

3. Johnson - He went alright today.
2. Krakouer - About time he produced something.
1. Coughlan - I think the Knights camp have latched onto a new blonde haired hero.

Apologies to Stafford, Chaffey, AK, and any others Richmond players that help humiliate the bummers.

-3. Not Pettifer.
-2. Rogers - one of the last hacks left in the side :)
-1. Fiora - If he cut his hair and died it a dark color then strapped his shoulders, you'd swear it was Pavlich.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

GREAT TEAM EFFORT

3-Johnson...An absolute leader out there and tough as.
2-Krak, almost outscored the Bummers off his own boot. ;D
1-Cogs, they know who he is now but still can't stop him.