2004 Player of the Year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2004 Player of the Year

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Place 3-2-1 votes for the players you think were our best tonight. (3 being best)

Go Tiges.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re: PLAYER OF THE YEAR votes- Round 1

I knew there'd be one. There's one in every crowd. ;D

Ellyse

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2004
Sunbury

Hartbalme said:
Bloody hell, did I miss the game ?  :eek:

LMAO funny stuff!!!!!;D ;D ;D ;D

These are my predictions, lets see if they change after a few hours..........
3-Coughlan
2-Brown
1-Richardson

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Please don't put votes in till after the game guys.
RFC has kindly offered to tally the votes for us and all it does is makes it harder for her.
Also there is the chance that the votes will be mistakenly
added and give an inaccurate result anyway.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

rosy3 said:
Please don't put votes in till after the game guys.
RFC has kindly offered to tally the votes for us and all it does is makes it harder for her.
Also there is the chance that the votes will be mistakenly
added and give an inaccurate result anyway.

I was going to vote now too, since it's pretty obvious who Richmonds best plyers will most likely be. But I now realise that that would be silly & childish. I'm now going to stand in the corner facing the wall for a little while.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale

Sorry for ruining your thread, Rosy :-[

By the way, who won ?

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic

Lol, so that's 7 for Brown, 3 for Otto...... ;D ;D

Don't worry rosy. I'll take not of the time posted ;)

We'll work out a cut-off day and time so that everyone who wants to vote can, and I'll know when to tally them up 8)

WildTiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 3, 2004

ok this is done AFTER the game and boy is it tough to only pick three who stood out

3 - Kane Johnson
2- Nathan Brown
1 - Matthew Richardson

Big Big Big apologies to Brad Ottens awesome display of ruck work

Ellyse

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2004
Sunbury

WildTiger said:
ok this is done AFTER the game and boy is it tough to only pick three who stood out

Exactly WT. My choices after the match are:

3-Richo (champ)
2-Browny
1-Krakouer

Apologies to the rest of the team.

Hanno

Clangers are killers!
Jul 13, 2003
Geelong, Vic

3 - Brown
2 - Richo
1 - Coggs

I wish there were more votes to give for tonight's effort. ;D

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine

3 - Johnno

2 - Richo

1 - Brown

Hon. mentions to Kraks, Newman, Cambo, Newman, Tivs, Newman, Cogs, Newman, Otto and . . . Hall.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003

Johnson
Brown
Krak
That all folks

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

I'm amazed Otto didn't crack it for a mention in the best players on the RFC site.

Ottens
Brown
Johnson

I don't know why so many people question the drafting of Brown and Johnno.. They are rolls royces. Add Cogs etc and we have a very potent midfield and one Richo would have been very thankful for tonight.

Krak and Rodo were great to watch and I love their enthusiasm.

Was rapt with the first games of Morrison and Harts.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

3. Ottens
2. Johnson
1. Fiora

With apologies to Richo, Browny, Krak and Tivva.
and mentions to Cogs, Campbo, Rodan and 'HELLO' Newman.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra

3- Richo
2- Ottens
1- Brown

apologies, well basically to the whole list, but most especially Newman, Coghlan & Sugar

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave

3 -> Ottens
2 -> Brown
1 -> Richo

How good was Brad Ottens? We controlled the game because we controlled the midfield because Ottens controlled the ruck. This is where the crucial difference was in the game.

Brown, unlike Buckley, was far more effective with his possesions. Hitting Richo lace out a number of times was a shock to us all! Probably could have hurt more on the scoreboard, kicking 2.5. Still, most of those points were chancy snaps.

Richo led a lot straight up the guts and despite being crucified by the umpires, still controlled the forward line.

Coughlan was as good as ever but seemed to fade towards the end. Maybe not enough match fitness.

Johnson didn't get as many posessions as Buckley but was far more damaging. He certainly won that encounter. After it was obvious that Fleming didn't have the class to match Buckley, it was a masterstroke having Johnson go head to head with Buckley. This was a more attacking move, one that came of as Buckley was forced to pick up cheap kicks floating in defence.

Rodan and Krakouer were exceptional. I would suggest that was the best game of football both of them had played. No longer just occasional flashy cameos, they were in the play for the whole game and often broke it open.

Gaspar has lost a lot of pace. Hopefully this is just in lack of conditioning. Normally he would be able to go step for step with Tarrant on a lead but was often left behind. Nonetheless, he was still far to good for Tarrant who seemed to rely on the umpires for his possessions.

Fiora played as good a game as he has ever done. Prepared to run and back himself to create space and was polished off a half back flank.

Morrison made Cloke look foolish, comprehensively beating him by showing up his unaccountability. He also gave a consistent, mobile target across half forward. Very pleased.

(Also, watching Cloke when he went forward has led me to the conclusion that he is a very ordinary footballer. He only does well when picking up cheap kicks in the backline)

Hartigan was given a task on Didak - something that Chaffey or Newman would have done - and did allright. He is still lacking in size and would benefit from plenty of time at Coburg but we needed his style of play so as not to upset our structure with Chaffey's absence.

Bowden was good. A solid, consistent game. That is all we can ever ask. If he play good, consistent football all the time, then his talent will shine through and then enable him to also do the exceptional.

Zantuck struggled in the shadow of Richo but once allowed to roam a bit more, became more effective.

Fleming struggled. Since all the other players were getting in with the bash and barge, it meant that his prime weapon was nullified. He also wasn't disciplined enough and allowed Buckley to run free in the first quarter. He may be most likely to make way for Chaffey.

Hall did very well across CHB. Granted he wasn't up against a top-liner but still all he can do is beat the opponent presented to him. Also gave us a bit of run off half back.

Schulz didn't get much game time. Was there probably as a back up for Morrison or Hall. Given that he moves OK, maybe giving him a run on the wing may put a few foxes among the chickens. Otherwise, he would be better served playing full games with Coburg. I do see him as a long term CHB or CHF. Just needs more development.

Hyde was busy and did OK but didn't have much opposition. Didn't mess any of his kicks up which was good!

Tivendale was reasonably quiet but still did a lot of quality and often hard work. Again, some of his field kicking was delightful.

Didn't you love it when Newman covered 30m in a blink of the eye to spoil a certain mark/goal at a critical stage of the game. You've gotta love his desperation.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne

3. Johnson (played his heart out)
2. Brown (accuracy would help, Richo Mark II. But I aint really complaining ;D)
1. Krak (you little beauty)

And honourable mentions to Richo for not kicking any points, (have conveniently forgotten about the out of bounders), Cogs (who is definitely going to be leadership material) Ottens (welcome back), Campbo, Rodan oh bloody hell the whole team for having a red hot go and keeping the pressure on for the whole 4 quarters.