2004 player wishlist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2004 player wishlist

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I know I am starting a tad early, but I like to look around other club lists and see which players may become available at the end of the year.

One player who I think will be is Brent Guerra from Port Adelaide. He is a very good on baller, but considering who Port have in the middle he struggles to get much of a go. Hard at it, good left foot and kicks goals. As Campbo will be a year older, we will need to find some more onballers to take up the slack.

Best of all, he is a Victorian, who no doubt would like to come back to a decent state. I think Port offered him for Torney, but the Suger Kane deal was too sweat ;D ;D ;D

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
guerra for bidders,squidiffer and king.
sounds a fair deal ;D.

seriously tho id chase him no doubt.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
j2r, I think he would be an early draft pick or a player of Fiora or Pettifer.

I am on the lookout for a big man??? Any thoughts

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I have no idea who's off contract for next year, so If anyone does know could they message a list here and then we can go shopping!
I do think Guerra would be a good pickup though.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tiga there's a contract list at the top of the feedback board.
It mightn't be 100% accurate but we pieced it together the best we could.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
While you guys are player shopping keep in mind our premiership players will have a good price on their heads in the meat market at the end of the year.
Don't sell them short. ;D

P

Parker

2004 wishlist? 6-7 draft picks and NO players recruited from another AFL Club..

Enough of this short term rubbish that has held back the club for so long..

Of course even if we do draft a whole lot of kids it remains to be seen how good they will be given our history in this area..

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I don't quite agree with you guys on this one...Kane Johnson was a pretty good pickup! Darren Gaspar another. Leon Cameron, Paul Broderick Also good pickups from other clubs.

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I can understand with the "no recycled players" after Hudson et al.. but if we go after a good player such as Kane Johnson, it can only strengthen the list.

No more fringe players, but serious midfielders such as Guerra are a good bet.

My theory has always been trade for the best player we can get with what we are prepared to lose ie Torney, early draft pick, pick up 3-4 kids with the view that some will be ready to go straight away, and some being more long term.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
YOUNG TALLS including a ruckman another chf or chb or two (in case one ends up being crap) and a solid quick kid with poise and pace to be groomed for full back.

Also if players like Guerrra are available and we need that type of player and we are in a position to get them then get them IMO.
We may end up with one or two (if the rules are changed before the draft) father-son picks in Thomas Roach and or the youngest Raines boy.. (don't know his name sorry)

Rodan#18

Fijian thunderbolt
Jan 19, 2003
Tigerdog said:
YOUNG TALLS including a ruckman another chf or chb or two (in case one ends up being crap) and a solid quick kid with poise and pace to be groomed for full back.

Also if players like Guerrra are available and we need that type of player and we are in a position to get them then get them IMO.
We may end up with one or two (if the rules are changed before the draft) father-son picks in Thomas Roach and or the youngest Raines boy.. (don't know his name sorry)

here here...whoever you are ; you should head the recruiting dept.