2004 - Tiger wishlist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2004 - Tiger wishlist

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
The clubs have issued their wish lists for next years draw. Taken from the AFL website.

Richmond

Richmond has asked the league to schedule the majority of its matches on Friday nights and Saturdays in 2004. Tigers director of football Greg Miller indicated that Sunday was the club’s ‘least preferred day’ to play football. Of the club’s 11 home matches in 2003, seven were at the MCG, with four at Telstra Dome.

Part of Richmond’s agreement with Telstra Dome is that those four matches must include games against Victorian teams. “We’re not to play just four interstate teams at Telstra Dome. They’ve got to be some reasonably good games. That’s part of the agreement,” Miller said. Miller also confirmed that the club is happy to play Carlton in a twilight game on Good Friday next year. If that should fall-through, the Tigers are seeking to continue with the Easter Monday match with St. Kilda.

Another tradition Richmond is seeking to preserve with is the season-opener with Collingwood. The club is also in discussions Essendon regarding a match on the Mother’s Day weekend to be played on Saturday afternoon. “We think we can do something special on Mother’s Day with Essendon but we prefer to do it on the Saturday when our mothers can come along and relax and then have their family day on the Sunday,” Miller said.

Miller acknowledges the difficulty of playing matches on Mother’s Day, recalling his time at the Kangaroos when only 12,400 fans turned up to see them play the Dockers.
Richmond’s five interstate trips in 2003 included two visits to both Perth and Adelaide. Miller thinks four games outside Victoria would be ideal in 2004, noting that Richmond has played Fremantle at Subiaco Oval every year since 1999.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I like the idea of a game on Good Friday. We could re-enact the crucifixion with D Frawley starring on the cross.

ComedyCapers

I'm a llama!
Aug 13, 2003
Canberra
The ideal draw next year

22 games against 'traditional' rivals Caaaarlton

We can play 4 of these interstate

Surely even Danny could coach us to a top 4 although the finals might be a problem.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
ComedyCapers said:
The ideal draw next year

22 games against 'traditional' rivals Caaaarlton

We can play 4 of these interstate

Surely even Danny could coach us to a top 4 although the finals might be a problem.

Considering we've lost to Carlton the last 2 years running that would mean 22 straight losses next year :eek:. Well at least Danny is consistent ;) .

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Dean 3 - Looks like I'll have to convert to Judaism. They're still waiting for the resurrection.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
It's not too late to resurrect your character and climb aboard the Support the Coach bandwagon! The old wagon is nearly empty now, so great seats are available! ;D

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Yeah I dont mind the Friday night games.

I hope we get to play Carlton twice this year.

I also hope that Essendon & Collingwood gets a harder draw than Richmond for once.

Yeah, dont like going to Sunday games. Means I miss going to church

MCG

Tiger Rookie
Aug 11, 2003
Hate saturday night games. Interferes too much with my weekend activities. Am an old fashioned Sat afternoon person. Friday nights are OK cause if you lose by the time you get to work on Mon everyone has forgotten.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
a couple other thing I'd like to add on the wishlist;

Win more games
Play finals Football
Belting Collingwood, Essendon & Carlton
Better recriuting
and PREMIERSHIPS

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
It's not too late to resurrect your character and climb aboard the Support the Coach bandwagon! The old wagon is nearly empty now, so great seats are available! ;D

They way it's been lately Dean, I reckon we(the support the Coach Team) would all fit on the Tiger Patrol. ;D

But on the subject of this wishlist.

RFC - I think you may find that the least preferred option for the supporters is Saturday night games (it had an impact on m'ship figures this season). If there was a choice I reckon people would prefer Sunday arvo over Sat night.

As for the idea of a game on Good Friday - my hope is that the AFL has the guts to say "good riddance" to that whole concept. Personally do not like it at all.

Finally did you read some of the requests of the other teams ??? In the immortal words of J P McEnroe "you can't be serious". Collingwood for example only want to travel interstate 4 times - they'd like 2 in Sydney (1 home & 1 away), 1 game in Brisbane and the 4th in either Adel or Perth. For a team that has only travelled to Perth 3 times in 4 years one can only say .... what the ???

Adelaide wants its games on Sunday afternoons not to start before 2.20pm. Er... fellas over Eddie's and Channel Nines dead body

Carlton would like to play richmond twice :-\

Essendon declined to comment publically on its wishlist - did the martians steal it?

St Kilda would like to play a home game against Collingwood. Can you believe that they have had only 2 homes games against them in the past 6 years.

All this info compliments of afl.com.au

But seriously can we get a bit of equality into this thing please Mr AFL :(

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW

They way it's been lately Dean, I reckon we(the support the Coach Team) would all fit on the Tiger Patrol. ;D

Short wheel base version??? ;D

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Koalalill said:
Finally did you read some of the requests of the other teams ??? In the immortal words of J P McEnroe "you can't be serious". Collingwood for example only want to travel interstate 4 times - they'd like 2 in Sydney (1 home & 1 away), 1 game in Brisbane and the 4th in either Adel or Perth. For a team that has only travelled to Perth 3 times in 4 years one can only say .... what the ???

However, as Eddie has his finger in everything (including the AFL's arse) I am sure Collingwood will get what they want as they have in the past.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
At least Eddie has hte courage to ask what he wants. Never know unless oyu ask hey. Good on him for trying obviously worked last year. Collingwood dont need to travel interstate for the competition to be profitable, that is the real reason i believe. Interstate teams normally fill their stadium anyway and Collingwood with the ir large and passionate supporter base are going ot go and make decent crowds ot most games in Melbourne. From an AFL viewpoint this is probably desirable aswell maximise gate takings.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
The draw will always be inequitable as long as the re atre 16 teams playing 22rounds. Collingwood are given too much of a good run especially considering the existing situation. This year the Swans will play 5 teams the week after those teams have played in Perth. Given the record of teams the week after the road trip it's a huge bonus for the Swans - I hope this isn't a case of the AFL trying to make them competitive. I doubt it is but I love a conspiracy theory.

P

PuntRoadRoar

My Wish List

The Afl look at Collingwoods wish list and does the opposite
play freo and eagles in perth no home game against them.
play port and adel twice
play sydney once in sydney
play brisbane once at gabba !!!!

see that would mean 14 games to play most melb teams twice.