2007 Player of the year threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2007 Player of the year threads [Merged]

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Re: PRE Player of the Year 2007 - AWARDS THREAD

Mighty work, Ptfc.

I too was glued to the screen.

Hey Tuck was robbed, wasn't he? ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Tigers of Old said:
Well we were close.. :hihi

Yep very close getting 1st and 2nd correct, albeit in a different order. Good effort PREnders...on the mark yet again. :clap

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007

that was fantastic. what a great job. as for tucky! Obviously no one here thought he would get third at the RFC Best and Fairest. But how far out were you all with Foley!! Blimey. I am so happy Richo won the B and F. so thoroughly deserved. Go Richo.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay

Just to compare the Jack Dyer Medal count with our own judgement:

RICHMOND FC PLAYER PUNT ROAD END DIFFERENCE
1 Matthew Richardson =2 +1
2 Nathan Foley 1 -1
3 Shane Tuck 13 +10
4 Joel Bowden 5 +1
5 Brett Deledio =2 -3
6 Kayne Pettifer 8 +2
7 Graham Polak 4 -3
8 Chris Newman 7 -1
9 Kane Johnson 14 +5
10 Jake King 6 -4

Players that finished top 10 in the PRE Player of the Year that failed to finish top 10 in the Richmond B&F:

W. Thursfield (9)
G. Tivendale (10)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

We've done it again Pantera. I was just doing a comparison myself. We're pretty close to the mark again this year, especially given the different voting system. The match committee vote for every player every week whereas we only give a 3-2-1 when we feel like it. An outstanding player in a win can get as many votes from one game as a consistent contributor every week. The match committee rewards consistency more than we do. Still we're never far away and are usually spot on with the winner.

A few points of interest. As I posted throughout the season I thought the match committee would value Johnno's input more than PREnders seeemd to. Browny is a popular boy on PRE. We rated Will higher because we like the way he plays and tend to support the kids. We weren't far out with first and second considering the different voting system. The RFC powers to be only had one point spllitting Richo and Axel.

Match
Comittee
PuntRoadEndRFC site fans
Richo FoleyFoley
Foley Richo & Lids J Bowden
TuckPolakRicho
JBowdenJ Bowden Deledio
Deledio KingNewman
PettiferNewmanPolak
PolakPettiferPettifer
NewmanThursfieldTuck
JohnsonTivendaleRaines
King……Brown

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007

oh...sorry...i only meant that every thought her would be the run away winner....it is amazing how close you guys picked it...well done:)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

rosy23 said:
We've done it again Pantera. I was just doing a comparison myself. We're pretty close to the mark again this year, especially given the different voting system. Still we're never far away and are usually spot on with the winner.

Foley got twice as many votes in the PRE player of the year as Richo who won the JDM.

How were we close exactly? :headscratch

ronnit

Tiger Superstar
Sep 25, 2007

i think the players that were picked were pretty close but the votes for foley were WAYYYY out:):)

but i am looking forward to participating next year...lot of people on here who know their footy :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Tigers of Old said:
How were we close exactly? :headscratch

Richo won...Foley came second.  Having them in the reverse order is pretty close to my way of thinking. 

I've already explained why the actual vote numbers aren't a good comparison because of the way the voting systems work in the part you snipped out of the quote.  PRE favours brilliance in a given game whereas RFC favours consistancy throughout the season by voting on every player in every game.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Still not sure how Johnson came top 10. Had a good couple of games in the last few but over the whole season, if he was following instructions it must have been to hold up the ball and turnover as much as possible, because thats the only way I could see him getting more votes than a few others. Unless there are points for off-field performance.