2009 PRE Player of the Year - AWARDS THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2009 PRE Player of the Year - AWARDS THREAD

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Re: PRE Player of the Year-Rd 1 votes vs Carlton

Normally I wouldn't vote until I have watched the replay....but I can't bring myself to do it. So, based on the live viewing:

3 - Morton (the only player that won their position)
2 - White (his disposal and tenacity stood out)
1 - Tambling (seems to have developed some faith in his body - put it on the line a few times and great hands overhead).

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003

3. Morton
2. Richo
1. White

I'm really surprised at the number of people who had Tambling in the votes. He had some moments but I thought his first half was really ordinary last night.

jannisarie

Tiger Cub
Oct 2, 2008

3- Richo (When Richo's passing is some of the best on our team things are looking bad)
2- Morton
1- White

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007

3 - Morton (Was laughing all night about people posting on here he can't mark above his head, he is soft, etc etc)

2 - McGuane (We may have been looking at another 4 or 5 goals added to Carlton's score without him, played his guts out and smart)

1 - Foley (Looked proppy early, felt he was struggling on ankle. Really showed he has passion for the club and worked his way into the game)

I'm staggered some on here have given Tambling, Simmo or Lids (who I all like so not potting them) votes as they were atrocious at times and ordinary at their best.

Tambling looked lost and hesitant, Simmo was beaten all night save for some float back and mark in defence easy plays and Lids was well and truly taken out of the game for the most part by Carlton and even did some uncharacteristic sloppy decision making due to the intense pressure.

McMahon was the worst player by a mile. At the ground and watching him off camera the positions he ran to and way he shirked contests was disgusting.

jannisarie

Tiger Cub
Oct 2, 2008

Dyer Disciple said:
3 - Morton (Was laughing all night about people posting on here he can't mark above his head, he is soft, etc etc)

2 - McGuane (We may have been looking at another 4 or 5 goals added to Carlton's score without him, played his guts out and smart)

1 - Foley (Looked proppy early, felt he was struggling on ankle. Really showed he has passion for the club and worked his way into the game)

I'm staggered some on here have given Tambling, Simmo or Lids (who I all like so not potting them) votes as they were atrocious at times and ordinary at their best.

Tambling looked lost and hesitant, Simmo was beaten all night save for some float back and mark in defence easy plays and Lids was well and truly taken out of the game for the most part by Carlton and even did some uncharacteristic sloppy decision making due to the intense pressure.

McMahon was the worst player by a mile. At the ground and watching him off camera the positions he ran to and way he shirked contests was disgusting.

You are right on McMahon he was disgusting (No accountability and where the hell is the run he is meant to provide to make up for it?)
I felt really sorry for Bling I can't see why he got any votes. He had 2 good bits of play. I really want the guy to succeed if he would only apply himself and get some balls about him.
From where I was sitting all the way in the back of the southern stand I was having issues seeing lids even playing. Are you sure he was there?
Maybe a late change? I had taken my girlfriends Irish parents to thier first footy game while they are over visiting and I bought them all richmond scarfs to make sure none of them defect but I don't think it will help.

I was trying to explain who our best players where before the match. I was having issues pointing them out during.

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007

jannisarie said:
I had taken my girlfriends Irish parents to thier first footy game while they are over visiting and I bought them all richmond scarfs to make sure none of them defect but I don't think it will help.

Smart man. At least you bought the right people scarfs. It would have been irresponsible for you to buy the for cash strapped richmond supporters. They would still be hanging from the second level in a group suicide.

jannisarie said:
I was trying to explain who our best players where before the match. I was having issues pointing them out during.

I had a similiar problem. I had a girlfriend call me on the way home who had been watching the game and she asked me who my favorite players were (loaded question after that game huh?). My reply? "So how was your day?" 8)

B1 and B2

Richo & The Twins
Mar 6, 2007

3. Morton
2. White
1. Cousins (because he actually hit a target with a footpass)

B1

jannisarie

Tiger Cub
Oct 2, 2008

B1 and B2 said:
1. Cousins (because he actually hit a target with a footpass)

B1

Good call. I was praying that the others in the team would miracoulously learn to kick like Benny.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

3. Morton - 4 goals when the ball came into our 50 36 times for the wholematch is nothing short of mircaulous.
2. White - at least showed some guts and dtermination
1. Foley - feel sorry for a guy who puts his body on the line in and under and has no-one to run with him.

Thought Rewioldt looked promising, Richo his usual self, no-one else worth mentioning at all.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

GoodOne said:
1. Foley - feel sorry for a guy who puts his body on the line in and under and has no-one to run with him.

I agree. Nathan's game wasn't his best but he tried his heart out all night. He had little support, nobody ran with him or gave options and I didn't notice anyone directing traffic for him. He certainly got plenty of the ball. I think he'd be shattered but he was far from our worst player last night.

verdonp

Tiger Cub
Mar 5, 2007

3- White (actually hit targets)
2 - Morton (actually kicked goals)
1 - Foley (only by sheer weight of possessions)

Richo, Jackson (although completely outclassed), McGuane, Newman all at least tried hard

Brown, Delidio, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Schulz, very disappointing to my mind.

McMahon, Edwards woeful

Singapore Tiger

Singapore Tiger - now resident in Amsterdam
Mar 5, 2009

3. Moreton - did exactly what we are paying him to do (didn't have many friends in that department last night)
2. White - about the only bloke that hit a target
1. Richo - tried his guts out as always

Quinhon

Tiger Cub
Mar 5, 2007

3. White ran hard and can deliver
2. Morton 4 goals
1. Richo tried his guts as usual

Pickers35

Tiger Rookie
Mar 24, 2008
MELBOURNE

3.M.Morton
2.M.Richardson.
1.T.Simmonds.
Mitch showed some class early with some clever goals.Good Hands and 2nd and 3rd efforts.
Richo worked hard but got ran-off by Waite a few times.teams will play against Richo this way.
Simmo battled hard after a few dropped marks.

A Dark night for the tiges but lets get back on track quick smart.