2010 PRE Player of the Year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2010 PRE Player of the Year

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Welcome back PREnders for the 2010 Punt Road End Player of the Year Awards.

Just a reminder for voters from previous years and any new members who would like to participate, about the rules for the PRE Player of the Year Award.

(1) Voting opens after each game and remains open until I close it with the "Voting is now CLOSED" post. This is usually the following Thursday sometime after 5pm (I have been known to be late though!). I will endeavour to have the results up on the Thursday following each match, but there are no guarantees.

(2) Voting involves a 3/2/1 system with your best Tiger on the ground awarded the 3 votes down to your 3rd best receiving 1 vote. Split votes will be ignored (ie you can't give any of your 3, 2 or 1 votes to more than one player. If you do, neither will receive any votes) however you can omit votes if you wish (ie only give your 3, 2 and/or 1 vote(s)).

(3) If you wish to change your vote, you can, however do not edit your original post or it is likely that I will not see it. Please just vote in a new post and my system will pick up the duplication. Your final post will stand as your vote for the week.

(4) Votes for players are cumulative. The total number of votes is added up for each player after each round and the winner is determined by the player who has received the most votes over the course of the season. The limitations and biases of this system have been recognised and discussed in the past (ie players who perform well in front of big crowds or winning sides tend to receive more votes as there are usually more voters under these circumstances). It has been decided that such biases are acceptable and are a part of this award. You can see it as a reward for players who perform on the big stage or in winning sides.

At the end of the season I do include some unofficial analysis that normalises the data to control for the number of voters each week (ie players aren't rewarded because there may be more voters in the week they perform). This analysis has shown that the differences are not very significant between the 2 systems. I will also include other analyses FYI (see here for example). If there are any other types of analysis that you might find interesting I am more than happy to do so.

(5) If you disagree with the votes of another poster keep in mind that single votes aren't going to make a big difference at the end of the year. The system rewards players that consistently poll votes from a large number of PREnders. Every poster has only one ballot per round, so the impact of any individual will be minimal in the grand scheme of things. With this in mind, please refrain from mocking or questioning other posters votes on this thread.

(6) Have fun and bring on the new season! Carn' the TIGES!

Richmond_246b.jpg

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Re: PRE Player of the Year 2010 - Round 1 votes vs Carlton

You might want to include anyone who votes for Richo will have their votes ignored.
Thanks for organising. It makes for a great read at the end of the year.

vernissage

Tiger Matchwinner
May 28, 2005

3. Cotchin
2. Jackson
1. Simmonds
apologies to Cuz

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide

3- Jackson - did well with no help.
2- JR - his second efforts/tackling/competing was great tonight - was out manned unfortunately

1- Conners. - showed a bit.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

3. Rewioldt
2. Jackson
1. Chimp

Tigerhart04

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2007
Australia

3. Jacko
2. Riewoldt
1. Cotch

and

vernissage has to be taking the p!ss ;D Simmo?

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

3. Jacko - only midfelder to really put in a 4 quarter effort (at least until he got almost knocked out by frendly fire in the last)
2. Connors - very impressive - a couple of mistakes but overall very composed and the best of the backmen
1. Reiwoldt - given the impossible task but kept at it

Not too many 4 quarter performers unfotunately to even suggest apologies.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003

3- Jackson
2- Riewoldt
1-gave it to Nason because he kept presenting in that last quarter debacle when a lot of older stronger blokes had deadset stopped.

Singapore Tiger

Singapore Tiger - now resident in Amsterdam
Mar 5, 2009

3. Jackson
2. Riewoldt
1. Conners

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

3: Jackson