2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS!

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Welcome back PREnders for the 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award!

New season, same rules.

Just a rehash of the rules for voters from previous years and any new members who would like to participate:

(1) Voting opens after each game and remains open until I close it with the "Voting is now CLOSED" post. This is usually the following Thursday sometime after 5pm (I have been known to be late though!). I will endeavour to have the results up on the Thursday following each match, but there are no guarantees.

(2) Voting involves a 3/2/1 system with your best Tiger on the ground awarded the 3 votes down to your 3rd best receiving 1 vote. Split votes will be ignored (ie you can't give any of your 3, 2 or 1 votes to more than one player. If you do, neither will receive any votes) however you can omit votes if you wish (ie only give your 3, 2 and/or 1 vote(s)).

(3) If you wish to change your vote, you can, however do not edit your original post or it is likely that I will not see it. Please just vote in a new post and my system will pick up the duplication. Your final post will stand as your vote for the week.

(4) Votes for players are cumulative. The total number of votes are added up for each player after each round and the winner is determined by the player who has received the most votes over the course of the season. The limitations and biases of this system have been recognised and discussed in the past (ie players who perform well in front of big crowds or winning sides tend to receive more votes as there are usually more voters under these circumstances). It has been decided that such biases are acceptable and are a part of this award. You can see it as a reward for players who perform on the big stage or in winning sides.

At the end of the season I will provide the normal Awards thread in which I do include some unofficial analysis that normalises the data to control for the number of voters each week (ie players aren't rewarded because there may be more voters in the week they perform). This analysis has shown that the differences are not very significant between the 2 systems. I will also include other analyses FYI and a bit of fun (see here for example). If there are any other types of analysis that you might find interesting I am more than happy to do so. I have a database of all of the ballots and voting results, so plenty of info on voting trends.

(5) If you disagree with the votes of another poster keep in mind that single votes aren't going to make a big difference at the end of the year. The system rewards players that consistently poll votes from a large number of PREnders. Every poster has only one ballot per round, so the impact of any individual will be minimal in the grand scheme of things. With this in mind, please refrain from mocking or questioning other posters votes on this thread.

(6) As discussed in this thread we are endeavouring to have the PRE community contribute to this thread through weekly match reports. This was first tried in 2011 and the contributions were excellent from a number of PREnders. I am going to copy the volunteers list to this thread and update as posters put their hands up to contribute a report. If you would like to volunteer to submit a match report please post on this thread or PM me and I will update the list. I will contact all volunteers in the week leading up to the match and would normally hope to have received the (brief) report by the Thursday following the match for inclusion in the Thursday night results post. If you could send the report by PM it would be appreciated. If anything prevents you from being able to provide a report that you have volunteered for, please let me know ASAP so that alternative arrangements can be made. The match reports can be as lenghty or as brief as you would like and I believe the diversity of opinion and insight of the PRE community's posters adds enormously to these award threads. As you can imagine it does take some time to collate and generate the voting results each week and these contributions help make that more manageable for me personally.

(7) Have fun and bring on the new season! It's been a LONG summer! Carn' the TIGES!

Richmond_246b.jpg

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Re: The 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Round 1 vs Carlton - VOTE HERE

PREmier Fighting Tiger 2013 Match Reporters

RoundOpponent/VenueVolunteer
1Carlton-MCG-AwayEat the rich
2Saints-MCG-AwayMagic Maric
3Bulldogs-Docklands-Homelockie15
4Pies-MCG-HomeStreak
5Freo-AwaySoda
6Cats-MCG-Hometigergollywog
7Port-AwayJudge Smailes
8Dees-MCG-Homespook
9Bummers-MCG-Homerockin. tiger
10Weagles-Awayhappytige
11Bye---
12Crows-MCG-HomeTigerMoz
13Dogs-Docklands-Away
14Saints-MCG-Home
15North-Docklands-Away
16Gold Coast-Cairns-HomeSkillzThatKillz
17Freo-MCG-Home
18Sydney-SCG-Away
19Hawkers-MCG-Away
20Brisbane-MCG-Home
21Blooze-MCG-Homedragicevic7
22Giants-Away
23Bummers-MCG-Awayspook

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

3. Lids
2. Plasma
1. Chimp Kazoo

Sorry Tucky, McGun.

sashback

Our saviour??
Aug 22, 2005

3 - Tuck
2 - Cotchin
1 - Vickery

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

3 - Cotchin
2 - Tuck
1 - Vickery

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005

3. Lids
2. Vick
1. Rance

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

3. Vickery
2. Lids
1. Tuck

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

3-Lids
2-Jacko
2-Tucky

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

3 Tucky
2 Vickery
1 Chimp

Hetti

Tiger Cub
Mar 30, 2007

1. Cotchiin

2. Vickery

3. Martin