2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS!

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Re: The 2013 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS!

rosy23 said:
it shows at least one prender knows what they're talking about. :hearton if others on here recognised jacko's brilliant season like i did, and the coaches did, he would have won this hands down. this is possibly the furtherest pre has ever been from the official result.

:hihi

"You were right Luke, you were right about me. Tell your sister.....you were right". God there are a lot of Starwars analogies I could draw on.

Anyway, we clearly need a bow down emoticon

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003

Thanks PT, for all your efforts.
It is always an excellent read.

Along with PRE not putting Jacko up at the top, Chaplin also did not poll commensurate with his top-3 finish in the JD medal. It was that kind of year...many more rounds where the standouts were on every line and PRE votes were given Brownlow-style, to the voter's best players, and not just to "the guy who tried 100% in the face of the onslaught".

As we are not privvy to what the coaches are judging players on specifically, it is not surprising that our poll differs from the JD. (However we are not a million miles apart...)

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Great effort PT. Just brilliant.

Good to see I don't have any bias! ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

WesternTiger said:

Good to see I don't have any bias! ;)

how many votes did you give jacko for the year.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

rosy23 said:

Not sure Rosy. Gave them to him when I thought he deserved them.

P.S. my comment re. bias was a generic one.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay

rosy23 said:

WT gave 7 votes to Jacko this year. A bit shy of your 34, but not too unusual ;D.

Jacko also received best tiger afield in the Elimination Final from WT.

Thanks for the messages all...I'm glad you enjoyed the awards!

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

Well done as usual PT. I'm not surprised I was the biggest voter for Martin, reckon he is a little underrated by some Tiges supporters.

Good to see Vickery make top 10. Was getting worried he may just fade away like many of our development talls before him. If he can make top 5 next season we could really be going places.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Brilliant work again PT.
Thanks enormously for all the effort you put in. :clap

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

Loved it. Love it every year. Love the match reports. Love that there is place for all us Tiger Tragics. There is a lot of love in the room right now. Thanks PT. As always your efforts are the highlight of my PRE year (well if I don't include the Politics/Religion threads) ;) Didn't vote this year as I decided a few years ago not to vote on games I wasn't at live but I think I'll have to drop that next year. And Happy Halloween! >:D