2014 Hindsight Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2014 Hindsight Draft

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
No to teal, far too much like Banks and Browne. How many wingers and back flankers do we need?

Bullus, you've lamented our like of key forward options but you want to take another flanker type here?

We must, and I repeat must go a key forward. Take Buller.

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
No to teal, far too much like Banks and Browne. How many wingers and back flankers do we need?

Bullus, you've lamented our like of key forward options but you want to take another flanker type here?

We must, and I repeat must go a key forward. Take Buller.
I see your point but key forwards very difficult to source at the deep end. Buller is a clear requirement positionally but does he have enough mobility? Just racking my brain for hits in the bargain bin and it's Pods, Larkey & Ben Brown who immediately spring to mind. How does he stack up with those guys?

As for Teal, a little bit more scope to emulate Grimes & I think enough polish to become a playmaker like Birchall if the situation demands it. The other aspect I like with Teal is his ability to play tall or small, he's an accountable footballer.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Thoughts on Will Elliott?
Interesting prospect, probably a bit too similar to Samson Ryan and also coming back from injury. I think we need a mobile type, an Oscar Allen if I'm making comparisons. Just as an aside, his old man looks unrecognisable, I bet he has few troubles walking out in public these days. Elliott will get drafted if the medicals are anything to go by, I reckon he's comfortably ruck height but I wonder if the mongrel is there.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Who did we draft in 2014?
12. Corey Ellis (31)
33. Connor Menadue (33)
52. Nathan Drummond (5)
67. Dan Butler (114)

Rookie 11. Jayden Short (143)
Rookie 29. Jason Castagna (134)
Rookie 46. Kane Lambert (135)
Rookie 68. Ivan Soldo (50)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
In that case I'm surprised he's not on the list of candidates to be tested prior to the MSD
He did attend the combine last year so I'm assuming recruiters have most of the athletic data, ranked 6th for agility.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
12. Corey Ellis (31)
33. Connor Menadue (33)
52. Nathan Drummond (5)
67. Dan Butler (114)

Rookie 11. Jayden Short (143)
Rookie 29. Jason Castagna (134)
Rookie 46. Kane Lambert (135)
Rookie 68. Ivan Soldo (50)
Thank whatever deity you follow for the rookie draft.

• Love

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Thank whatever deity you follow for the rookie draft.
No recruiter has ever sourced 4 centurions from one rookie draft, another 50 games from Soldo and it will be the best haul since the inception of the draft.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Contested game pretty good, he's generally close checking & seems to relish the one on one contests. Agility is elite, gut running I don't think is a problem, I think with his injury history you could allow for some growth. Pretty good leadership credentials too.
Isn't Teal's issue generally pace? Ie a bit too one paced, no top speed for a wing role? I really am nor a close observer, more just a question.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Isn't Teal's issue generally pace? Ie a bit too one paced, no top speed for a wing role? I really am nor a close observer, more just a question.
I guess it depends how you view elite agility & the benefits that can bring with a player who isn't necessarily express pace. Just focusing on defence, we've got players like Tom Stewart & Tom Doedee who are top shelf with lateral movement but don't necessarily tear down the field like an Adam Saad. That's the type of role Teal could pull off if given the opportunity. As far as the wing is concerned, I mentioned Birch given he was never a tearaway but still managed an outstanding career, Kamdyn not an Olympic sprinter either.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Picks this year -

8. Dan Curtin
55. Arie Schoenmaker

Rookie 6. Vigo Visentini

Ins - Jacob Koschitzke

This team totally different to Clarke's, during the Jackson years it was usually similar picks because kicking was always a top priority, particularly the high end selections. Not so much anymore, Clarke has a different rating system to mine, in fact he appears to have a different rating system to most in the industry. Too early to cast judgement but I can't underestimate just how important next year's draft will be. I like the stockpiling of picks, there's a plan afoot and that's good, the system is a rort but you can only work with what you are given.

The final bill for Hopper is Keeler & Curtin, that's a steep price to pay for a club scratching around for talls. Kosi a good acquisition but not the absolute star power we're lacking. Over to Blair to resume his fixing duties.

Senior Team

Backs - Riley Bonner, Sam Taylor, Darcy Byrne-Jones
Half Backs - Lachie Cowan, Noah Balta, Matt Johnson
Centre - Blake Howes, Luke Parker, Luke Davies-Uniake
Half Forward - Dustin Martin, Tom Lynch, Tim Membrey
Forwards - Maurice Jnr, Jacob Koschitzke , Shai Bolton

Onballers - Brodie Grundy, Dion Prestia, Elijah Hewett

Bench - Dan Curtin, Jack Graham Tyler Sonsie Jack Ross

Reserves Team

Backs - _____________, Sam Reid, Ben Miller
Half Backs - Josh Gibcus, Tylar Young, Josh Rotham
Centre - Nic Newman, Connor Blakely, Arie Schoenmaker
Half Forward - _______________, Isaac Keeler, Jack Darling
Forwards - Judson Clarke, Bailey Williams, Seth Campbell

Onballers - Toby Nankervis, ________________

Bench - Will Verall, Vigo Visentini________________, _____________, ________________

Last edited: