2016 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2016 Draft

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Originally, before we traded our future away, I was hoping we'd end up with a group like Taranto at #6. Then maybe Scrimshaw (too high at #7 IMO) or Rotham at #24ish. Bolton. Graham. Kerr. Garthwaite.

The world changed. Everybody noticed Taranto. And McCluggage.

And after we traded our future away we still ended up with Bolton, Graham, Garthwaite.

Bolton can go either way. (Even money.) But the good side is awesome. Must take.

So we trade away our choices to avert a membership Fukushima and yet the microwavers want high percentage juniors in the draft? You lucked out. Graham is ok. At 50ish he's genius. Less skilled than Chris Newman but with BWA.

Garthwaite at #305? Garthwaite longs to be Darren Gaspar. Would that do?

This is the time to open the fridge and put that card back in the membership crisper. (I'm Fukushimaing the *smile*-muscle out of mine. Because I wanted to trade INTO this draft.)

E

easy_tiger

Dyer'ere said:
Originally, before we traded our future away, Because I wanted to trade INTO this draft.

Dont sell Dion short Cap'n. Your gonna love him more than your 2nd and 3rd wildest dreams.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
HR said:
Putrid? Come on rids. The kid has a different action doesn't make it putrid. I like that he watches it to his boot everytime. He'll be right.

Nah it's a shocker mate. Very ugly. But if he hits targets I don't care. However there would be genuine question marks on it under pressure at AFL level. Hopefully he can adjust.

But he looks to be a very good mark and defensive player. Overall looks a reasonable pick at 72 or whatever it was.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Ridley said:
Nah it's a shocker mate. Very ugly. But if he hits targets I don't care. However there would be genuine question marks on it under pressure at AFL level. Hopefully he can adjust.

But he looks to be a very good mark and defensive player. Overall looks a reasonable pick at 72 or whatever it was.

That ball drop won't cut it under AFL pressure. That will need dismantling and replacing. Not a reco but a whole new part.
AND THEN His foot swing will need to adjust to the change in ball-drop technique.

But his marking is very nice!

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
bullus_hit said:
There's some great talent still left, not sure we still need Keitel after getting Garthwaite but I'll leave that up to the list managers. As for the rookie picks, Olango, Walker, Sproule & Jye Bolton would all be worthy.

What about a 200cm fella?

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
DirtyDogTiger said:
That ball drop won't cut it under AFL pressure. That will need dismantling and replacing. Not a reco but a whole new part.
AND THEN His foot swing will need to adjust to the change in ball-drop technique.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
DirtyDogTiger said:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A pretty good draft. I would have preferred Begley at 30 but I've been a Bolton fan since the first time I saw him play.

spook said:
I watched the WA-Allies game last night. The two players to impress me most were Sam Powell-Pepper and Shai Bolton. Both indigenous but very different players. P-P is a 188cm powerful contested player with a burst from congestion, who also runs a 15.5 beep. Don't listen to the noise about his kicking, it's fine. Bolton is a 67kg waif, which we probably don't need another of, but he's very quick and I think a bit Special. Not just an outside player and very classy.

spook said:
I think Shai Bolton is my favourite player in this draft. Skinny, but quick, classy and plays with arrogance. Averaged something like 470 metres gained throughout the carnival, which I'd guess would be right up there.

Graham can't kick over a jam tin but he's a brick sh!thouse, clean at ground level, uses it well by hand and is a good runner.

Garthwaite, not sure. Preferred Sproule.

Oh, and I'm with Jack. Wish we'd had a couple more picks.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
We have enough lightly framed speedsters in Rioli, Markov and Menadue.

Likely to be out muscled if they all play.

Hope I'm proved wrong though.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Ridley said:
Pretty sure they said he was from Lavington FC not Albury FC on the Fox Footy telecast Corn Chips.

Regardless, it's a *smile*ing joke that the Giants get access to kids from Albury and surrounding areas. It's been Aussie Rules heartland for over 100 years. This kid would have been playing footy before the Giants were a twinkle in fat guts Demetriou's eye yet he's in their academy.

As I said, the AFL is corrupt.
True.

A mate from Corowa tweeted tonight about him been from Corowa ?

I'll find out this morning at kids cricket , a mate from the Bushies will be there

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
TigerTribe5 said:
Should have picked Begley and Clarke.

Clarke went at 49% by foot in the tac cup I read. Seems similar to Graham. How's his pace?

Anyone know if we have a pick in the PSD? 3 picks in the draft is back to the Wallace days.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
easy said:
Dont sell Dion short Cap'n. Your gonna love him more than your 2nd and 3rd wildest dreams.

I don't hate Dion, e,t. I like him a lot. I was in favour of trading out and drafting. Not a fan of trading in. But I can live with it.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It's hard to argue with what we did.

I'd begun to warm to Bolton the last few days myself. He's really young, has had injury issues and the gap between his best and worst needs to close but the best is top tier. But he does work hard defensively most of the time. And every side side needs two chase down forwards who are also classy. Game winners. We don't have enough in the forward half. And Bolton is the perfect type to push up and hurt teams on the rebound. Foot skills are first rate, pace is electric and can stand on heads. That's rare.

I'm in.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
SCOOP said:
It's hard to argue with what we did.

I'd begin to warm to Bolton the last few days myself. He's really young, has had injury issues and the gap between his best and worst needs to close but the best is top tier. But he does work hard defensively most of the time. And every side side needs two chase down forwards who are also classy. Game winners. We don't have enough in the forward half. And Bolton is the perfect type to push up and hurt teams on the rebound. Foot skills are first rate, pace is electric and can stand on heads. That's rare.

I'm in.
Michael Walters MK2?

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I like our approach to this post-season, considering what picks we had in the draft.

In : Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis, Bolton, Graham & Garthwaite.

Happy with what we rated as the best player approach with Bolton at our fist pick.

I believe that Graham was targeted midfielder pick and what we rated as best available also - bonus.

Garthwaite's kicking is servicable IMO - its just the kicking action that is awkward looking, however I'm sure this can be fine tuned a touch, though he likely won't ever be an elite kick.

Scharenberg or Walker as rookies would be good gets.