2017-A time to stock up on Talls | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017-A time to stock up on Talls

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
If the season turns to *smile* and Dusty wants out and Schache wants in, would trading Jack for Schache be a silly move ? Would give us a 20 year old number 2 pick KPF and 3 first rounders. Much rather win a final and Dusty stays

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
SCOOP said:
No, no and NO. Two first round picks for Schache is massive overs. Prefer to go the draft table and get our own. Not only would it be better for our salary cap but it would give us two chances.
I should have clarified that better, i meant 2 picks one for Schache & another on a tall or a mid with the other pick.
SEN reported this morning that Schache is priority #1 for us.
but def not for 2 picks tho.
with the Cap due to go up Cap won't be an issue even if we do get Schache, this is why Clubs like Norf think they can get both Dusty & Kelly even tho it sounds as tho they'll get neither.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
This years draft is shallow, we have two picks in the first round. Next year is a tall superdraft we would be better to trade into yhat draft with 2 first round picks

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Tails said:
This years draft is shallow, we have two picks in the first round. Next year is a tall superdraft we would be better to trade into yhat draft with 2 first round picks

Take the Geelong 2017 first round pick we hold and trade it back to Geelong for their 2018 first round pick.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tails said:
apparently top 30 is ok in this Draft but it falls away after that, we currenly have 2 picks inside that so we can do some damage with those 2 picks given schache is out. either get 2 talls or a tall & a pure mid plus Naish

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Tails said:

"Next year" is always a super draft.

E

easy_tiger

Thoughts on Vic Metro Ruck Sam Hayes?

where will he go and fit for us?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
easy said:
Thoughts on Vic Metro Ruck Sam Hayes?

where will he go and fit for us?

5-10 and yes, he'd be a good fit. Think he's a genuine ruck/forward in the making, more ruck at this stage but he's kicked 6 in the TAC and also kicked the winning goal last week. All-Australian as an under-ager.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tails said:
They were saying the exact same thing this time last year

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
5-10 and yes, he'd be a good fit. Think he's a genuine ruck/forward in the making, more ruck at this stage but he's kicked 6 in the TAC and also kicked the winning goal last week. All-Australian as an under-ager.
with our 2 1sts's are you going 2 talls or a tall & a pure mid? with a bit of luck Naish falls as our 3rd pick.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Jonesracing82 said:
with our 2 1sts's are you going 2 talls or a tall & a pure mid? with a bit of luck Naish falls as our 3rd pick.

Depends if we land Reid, I think he must be a priority. Watched the game last night and despite the fact he wasn't dominant, he's still capable of taking a strong contested mark. For me I would look at something along these lines.

Reid - free agent
Balta/Hayes - first rounder
Higgins, Petruccelle, Cerra, Raynor - first rounder
Naish - F&S

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
bullus_hit said:
Depends if we land Reid, I think he must be a priority. Watched the game last night and despite the fact he wasn't dominant, he's still capable of taking a strong contested mark. For me I would look at something along these lines.

Reid - free agent
Naish - F&S
With our lack of Height wouldn't we go two talls with our first two picks then Naish. Or do we go tall in next years draft? what's it like for tall v mids?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:

Reid - free agent
Naish - F&S
nice, not sold on Reid but although he's average he's still better than what we have & would allow Balta/Hayes to develope in the 2's till ready.
How cool if both of those are there at both our picks (talls do tend to slide out of top 10)

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Might have to lower expectations on Talls this year they will go early and there are not many of them:

Callum Twomey's 25 player's to watch from under 18 champs is now up on AFL website. In it he says in a year light on for talls-------
How things change in a year :(

Theoretically, if the quality talls are gone at say our 1st pick 12? do you go next best tall even if our recruiters have him ranked 30 or best available?

I would do the latter, which would still leave us bereft of talls.

No wonder we were trying to scavenge someone else's young talent, Schache.

We will trade in a stop gap for sure which is hard to get excited about.