2017-A time to stock up on Talls | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017-A time to stock up on Talls

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
footballmonk said:
Both Blicavs and Stanley are 27 at the start of next season - wouldn't want to give up too much for either of them, certainly not a first round pick.
No but Geelong are keen to off load some money/wages and need picks to get Garry back to the club. I'm told the kid Kolijhjiehirnrjnkmc is a possibility to be part of any swap with GC i'd recon a second rounder thrown in might get the job done for Garry.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
looking at our youngsters in a team structure

....... Garthwaite short
........ Chol Drummond
........ menadue Lennon
C Ellis .......... butler
Rioli ......... Moore
Soldo Graham Bolton
....... ........ Castagna Stengle

We are ok for smalls but we are getting Naish anyway.
Over the next couple of seasons Get a tall def like Grimes.
Then it’s tall mid types (Fyfe / Grigg style).
Otherwise I’d look at a key fwd & key fwd/ ruck (Brad Ottens type).

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I reckon we have our Grimes like defender in Garthwaite.

We need to get two more key backs though. One to replace Rance in 3 years time (31), One to replace Astbury in 4 (31).
Both may play longer than 31, but we need to have answers ready in time. They don't need to come from this draft.

Key forwards we're in dire straights with.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:
Clark is so good below his knees at pace in traffic. One touches it regardless of the surrounding, I want to see what his kicking skills are like when he has time.

But the fact that he is so clean in traffic has me intrigued. And he reads the ball so early he gets to the contest first.

Clark is a good kick in space, genuinely dual sided too.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
CC TIGER said:
Key Backs - Rance , Astbury and a promising Garthwaite. Grimes and McIntosh can paly tall

Key Forwards - Jack , Grif dosent look like getting back, Elton not up to it, Moore unlikely, Chol talented but does he have the desire.

Rucks- Nankervis, Hampson just about done, Maric done, Soldo improving.

Obviously a second key forward is a must if they can ruck it's a bonus, Reid as a FA has to be an option and can play both ends an Ruck.

Ruck, I don't see it as crucial to recruit another if we ad a fwd/ ruck , there's always a handy one gettable in the trade period if needed. Not as big a priority for me.

Plenty of options have been mentioned, I just wonder if there's an A grade KPF out there who is gettable ?

I would like us to spend a late pick on our VFL boy Hugh Beasley.
Probably came on Leppas advice.
Very impressed with him after watching his VFL finals efforts last August/September.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
I would like us to spend a late pick on our VFL boy Hugh Beasley.
Probably came on Leppas advice.
Very impressed with him after watching his VFL finals efforts last August/September.
nah, he's a plodder. tries hard but a plodder. Would rather just keep Batchelor from the 2 of them.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
tigertim said:
nah, he's a plodder. tries hard but a plodder. Would rather just keep Batchelor from the 2 of them.

And has a terrible haircut which makes him look untidy.
First couple of steps too slow for a modern tall defender