2017 rookie draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 rookie draft

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
TOT70 said:
I think this shows us that talent and effort are more important than height.

always been my view. Been saying it for years, draft players who are good and committed first and foremost. Some of the greatest and most powerful gamebreakers were/ are under 6 foot

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
tigersnake said:
always been my view. Been saying it for years, draft players who are good and committed first and foremost. Some of the greatest and most powerful gamebreakers were/ are under 6 foot
So true. You play your best 22 regardless of height, shape or size.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I don’t have a problem with drafting best available in Higgins - very happy with that- but a rookie midget forward seems like a wasted pick to me. I would have thought there were other options available to address other needs. Not that I consider myself an expert.

E

easy_tiger

fastin bulbous said:
I don’t have a problem with drafting best available in Higgins - very happy with that- but a rookie midget forward seems like a wasted pick to me. I would have thought there were other options available to address other needs. Not that I consider myself an expert.

I had the same reaction at first,

until I realised we are aiming to infest the competition with midgets.

RFC are redefining the world, from atop the mountain, before our very eyes.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
A friend of mine went on a rant about midgets in the working with people with disabilities section of an important job app to keep his girlfriend interested in the proof reading. Needless to say he forgot to delete it....I should ask him for a copy

He could be interested is coming on board as a consultant

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
fastin bulbous said:

Agree, it was an odd selection for me given our abundance of small forwards.

I still think Cassidy Parish, a tall inside mid, would have been a great choice. He lacks a bit of polish but he continually showed up at the contest for Vic C and Geelong Falcons. 32 disposals, four clearances and four tackles in the TAC GF shows you what he is capable of

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
It’s a fine line isn’t it. Maybe thinking ahead at trading out some midgets for picks next year or trying to create super competitive midgets or as someone mentioned before, want to structure up the 2s as the seniors. Or they have their midget goggles on?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
We have identified a winning formula (intense pressure on the ball carrier in our forward half) and have drafted accordingly. I don't think we have drafted small players because they're small players, but because we are only interested in players that can apply high intensity pressure, which seems to be the smaller guys. If we could draft manic 185+ cm players we would.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Last two flags were won by teams that applied manic swarming pressure to the opposition pretty much all over the field. Break down the opposition teams with absurd work rate and intensity then chew them up n spit them out.
Up to the other coaches to try n find a way around what we bring if they want to get in the flag race. We've already got a decent head start n fully intend to keep ahead.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
fastin bulbous said:

Baker will play midfield and also push forward that's were he played for wa 18 and also at times for Subiaco.Sometimes we get fooled by thinking there all small forwards but like Higgins can see them playing in the guts for me smart move by the club bringing in players to play a number of roles or rest up forward.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
BIG,SMALL , FAT,SHORT BLUE BLACK OR BUILT LIKE A PENCIL OR LIKE A TANK, it doesn,t matter ,we have a outstanding young list whom are premiers, well most of you were wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, you were WRONG, WE FINISHED NUMBER ONE,ALL THE MIDGET TALK IS HORSESHIT, THE FARGING LADDER SAYS SO, ELTON MCBEAN VICKERY,ETC WERE ALL TALL, BUT THEY WERE *smile*,REPLACING THEM WITH GOOD SMALLS FARGING WON US THE CUP, YES THE CUP.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
jokershoppe said:
BIG,SMALL , FAT,SHORT BLUE BLACK OR BUILT LIKE A PENCIL OR LIKE A TANK, it doesn,t matter ,we have a outstanding young list whom are premiers, well most of you were wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, you were WRONG, WE FINISHED NUMBER ONE,ALL THE MIDGET TALK IS HORSEsh!t, THE FARGING LADDER SAYS SO, ELTON MCBEAN VICKERY,ETC WERE ALL TALL, BUT THEY WERE sh!t,REPLACING THEM WITH GOOD SMALLS FARGING WON US THE CUP, YES THE CUP.
Still celebrating hard?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
jokershoppe said:
BIG,SMALL , FAT,SHORT BLUE BLACK OR BUILT LIKE A PENCIL OR LIKE A TANK, it doesn,t matter ,we have a outstanding young list whom are premiers, well most of you were wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, you were WRONG, WE FINISHED NUMBER ONE,ALL THE MIDGET TALK IS HORSEsh!t, THE FARGING LADDER SAYS SO, ELTON MCBEAN VICKERY,ETC WERE ALL TALL, BUT THEY WERE sh!t,REPLACING THEM WITH GOOD SMALLS FARGING WON US THE CUP, YES THE CUP.

So tell us how you really feel ?