2019 Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Draft

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lids says hello.

Huge difference
Deledio wanted to leave. We were strong, we didnt try to convince him to stay we did the best for the club.
Lewis, mitchell and even Hodge wouldve stayed at Hawthorn if Clarkson wanted them.
Huge difference between us and hawthorn. period.They were dominate during the finals over 3 years.
We have been dominate over 3 years period.
They have hit the wall regarding talented kids, we have a kids ready to go, Stack Ross Chol Graham.
They continue to recruit coles specials from other clubs Scully Patton Wingard etc and totally forget about introducing kids.
Wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the bottom 6 next year.
Very ordinary list with their best player 3 days away from the pension.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Why has the AFL not confirmed a date for the 2020 Rookie Draft ?

Naming convention for Rookie drafts is different to the actual draft & is named for the following year

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We'd be stupid to use the Clarko model, sure it worked for them in thier era but now they are just another middle range team with a Super coach that the media drool all over every time they have a win, personally would prefer to keep adding to the next wave we have coming through, guys that can replace the stars we have now in the coming yrs when they decide to walk away etc. where we are now is the perfect time to do it as they'd be able to develope in the VFL till ready & not be expected to come in & star in yr 1.

Unless you subscribe to the theory that the only difference between cellar dwellers and premiers is luck, you'd be mad not to look at how the most successful coach in the comp went about it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How do you figure that, Zipps?

GWS are going to pick up a kid that has his sites purely aimed to play for us.
I heard about him mid year and then i heard if he had a choice, RFC would be his prefered club.
Then i heard an interview he had and he was just talking about his family's connection to the RFC.
I cant see how he will stay at GWS when the pull to play for us is so big for him.
As soon as we free up Cap Space get ready for the rumours to begin.
Personally i reckon he will stay at GWS for 1 or 2 contracts but he will one day play for us.
Anderson is another who was on fox late last week and spent the entire segment talking about how thrilled he was watching us in 17 and this year winning a flag.
The days of players knocking us back are over.
We are the most attractive football club in the country.
Players (good) playing for shiitt clubs, that haven't had success will be knocking on our door.
Giddy up....

Reactions: 5 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Hope your right about green,I agree with everything you have said,only thing that worries me is will he get to like or love gws enough to stay,hope not,as playing for your long time families team 3 generations has to be a pull.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Huge difference
Deledio wanted to leave. We were strong, we didnt try to convince him to stay we did the best for the club.
Lewis, mitchell and even Hodge wouldve stayed at Hawthorn if Clarkson wanted them.
Huge difference between us and hawthorn. period.They were dominate during the finals over 3 years.
We have been dominate over 3 years period.
They have hit the wall regarding talented kids, we have a kids ready to go, Stack Ross Chol Graham.
They continue to recruit coles specials from other clubs Scully Patton Wingard etc and totally forget about introducing kids.
Wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the bottom 6 next year.
Very ordinary list with their best player 3 days away from the pension.
Do not discount the Hawks for a second Mr Zips(like you did with Brisbane this year:))Top coach and administration will keep them up there and I think they will be a strong top four chance.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Unless you subscribe to the theory that the only difference between cellar dwellers and premiers is luck, you'd be mad not to look at how the most successful coach in the comp went about it.
This is true tho look where they are now, we have always been about a sustained period of success.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Personally i would be looking to trade out next years 2020 1st rounder with North for their 2 picks #26+#27
trade #56+#39 to Hawks for #30
trade #38+#41 to Fremantle for #22

Go all in this year and pick 5 kids
#19 + #22 + #26 + #27 + #30

2020 we have Ethan Baxter & Maurice Rioli Jnr so we can just kick back and watch the draft from punt rd
How's Ethan Baxter travelling? Any idea if he's a draft candidate? And if so what range?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
How's Ethan Baxter travelling? Any idea if he's a draft candidate? And if so what range?
Have not seen or heard alot about him due to covid but im thinking he would be late 3rd - Rookie pick this year
I would be surprised if any earlier

Reactions: 1 user