2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Did I miss something ..... or is this the shortest match day thread ever?
We must've all been at the G... or pissed.... or both!

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
God, I would love to relive that day. Was probably one of the most calming days I’ve ever experienced at the footy. We were so lucky to have witnessed that. Over at half time.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
God, I would love to relive that day. Was probably one of the most calming days I’ve ever experienced at the footy. We were so lucky to have witnessed that. Over at half time.

Yeah, I have similar memories of 1980 which I was lucky to be at. I remember before the game I knew we would win, then we smacked Collingwood sideways. A great day at the footy. Back in those days being a Richmond supporter gave you confidence, dare I say cockiness. It took 37 years to smack that out of us, time to get it back.

DS

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Really good.
Coaches box commentary a bit lame and as expected (Dimma "raise the fight here boys" after the first GWS goal and Leon Cameron definitely Martin-focussed) but the non-standard vision is awesome.
Noticeable how huge a difference there is in great tackles being rewarded in 2019 versus what we have to put up with now in 2020.

Reactions: 5 users

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
I can't seem to play the video, anyone else having issues?

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Yes it was about as far from the usual experience we've had during our lives as Tigers supporters as you can get.

Some may disagree but I think it may well be the greatest Grand Final in history.

:))

Reactions: 3 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Yes it was about as far from the usual experience we've had during our lives as Tigers supporters as you can get.

Some may disagree but I think it may well be the greatest Grand Final in history.

It was quite a surreal feeling being at the game ON GRAND FINAL day and not feeling stressed knowing we had the game in the bag at half time.

GOOD TIMES!!!

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
I’m a typically nervous supporter - always worried we’ll lose, no matter the margin. Was lucky enough to get tickets for myself, my eldest boy and his mate. GWS kicked the first and I didn’t care. We’ll bang on the next 10 I thought. I was wrong, it was 11. Absolute best day at the footy ever.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

I rewatched again last night - pure bliss
But at the game I wasn’t able to relax at halftime and reckon it took till halfway thru the 3rd qtr when we’d got 10 goals clear that I properly started to relax
That last quarter was magnificent especially being behind the goals at the PRE

• Love
Reactions: 3 users