2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Coaches box commentary a bit lame and as expected (Dimma "raise the fight here boys" after the first GWS goal and Leon Cameron definitely Martin-focussed) but the non-standard vision is awesome.
Always see those additional film crews on grand final day but it's strange that we don't get a full length doco along the lines of what the NFL do every year. Must have a massive archive of stuff the AFL.

I know we get small docos like fighting fury etc but they don't use enough of that ground level footage IMO.

Also, is there a chance that some of the coaches box stuff has been over dubbed?
At times I thought I was watching a spaghetti western!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Second quarter commentary from the coaches box now out.

Reactions: 5 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Raise the fight - about all dimma had going on. Must be very confident in the ability of the on ground leaders

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The coaching comments are pretty boring TBH, but I'm loving the hi-def and slowmo close up footage. Looks amazing.
Yeah, I’ve heard coaches say that once match day comes around there’s not a lot they can do. All the coaching is done at training, now on match day it’s up to the players have to implement the game plan. A bit of tweaking here and there.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Raise the fight - about all dimma had going on. Must be very confident in the ability of the on ground leaders

Just watched the 3rd qtr instalment - great stuff and a pity there’s not the full game with the full coaches commentary I’d love to watch

Now this is no big deal and I’m just talking off the top of my head.
But I was really intrigued by Dimmas “raise the fight” calls - for example even with one minute to go in the quarter he called for “raise the fight”
Taken literally it’s a pretty trite sort of phrase - unless it is known to have special significance
So I’m just wondering how that whole message thing works - especially with no runners most of the time these days
Presumably someone on the bench can pass it to the 4 blokes who are interchanged at that time. So is it up to them to spread the word to whoever they get close to when out there? And I’m sort of imagining the bloke coming on running past Cotch or Dusty and relaying the message. And how it would affect them .

Anyway it was great viewing

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
But I was really intrigued by Dimmas “raise the fight” calls - for example even with one minute to go in the quarter he called for “raise the fight”

Seems to say that a lot in these "Sound The Alarm" videos. Makes him sound very one dimensional. I'm sure he's says some more interesting and intelligent things in the box, at least I hope so!!!

It makes it look like whenever we're in trouble he just comes up with "Raise the fight".

Jesus I can do that!!!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah, I’ve heard coaches say that once match day comes around there’s not a lot they can do. All the coaching is done at training, now on match day it’s up to the players have to implement the game plan. A bit of tweaking here and there.
No more Barrot to FF which was the difference between a premiership and missing the finals.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Seems to say that a lot in these "Sound The Alarm" videos. Makes him sound very one dimensional. I'm sure he's says some more interesting and intelligent things in the box, at least I hope so!!!

It makes it look like whenever we're in trouble he just comes up with "Raise the fight".

Jesus I can do that!!!
not sure he said it that many times, think the audio was dubbed in