2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
So there are more Chinese watch a Chinese team play someone than if the game is between two teams from other countries?

Wonder what the crowds would be like when China has its own AFL team?

The Gold China Suns has a bit of a ring to it. :)

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Just need teams from Hong Kong, Twain and Japan and watch the fireworks. Audience numbers will be huge.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Just need teams from Hong Kong, Twain and Japan and watch the fireworks. Audience numbers will be huge.

AFL HQ isn’t ready to open itself up enough to satisfy China’s standards of transparency. North Korea... maybe.

They’re only allowed to get about 8 sanctioned haircuts in North Korea. ‘The Dusty’ could be their 9th official cut.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Singapore needs to be the first Asian AFL Team base. The home of Tiger Beer, Tiger Balm and the now defunct Tiger Airways.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Are you suggesting a relocation?

Collobartion. The Singapore Tigers can be the RFC's team in new APACAFL League. Following Port's model, we could also play the odd away game in Singapore.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Singapore needs to be the first Asian AFL Team base. The home of Tiger Beer, Tiger Balm and the now defunct Tiger Airways.
They're already massive fans of the Marlion as well, even got statues of him around the place.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
that’s nice. 60-70 million watch Melbourne Victory in China when we play a Chinese opponent in the Asian Champions League. But let’s waste taxpayers money on a footy junket in China to promote Australia :rolleyes:

Yeah ok we get it - football, no wait, what do us hicks call it ... 'sokkah'? is awesome

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I'll use this thread to remind myself we ARE the kings bro!

Just got my Sunday fix watching this:

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-09-30/marlions-moment

And credit to BT for picking it as being “very kind” by Dusty in that he really did it as a deliberate gesture.
Have listened to most of the other radio broadcasts and while the goal itself is described and the accuracy of the Dusty pass they don’t really seem to have gone with BT’s point that Dusty basically manufactured it for his special mate.
Great video.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Yea, think about this for a moment.
What a great gesture.
In a GF when everything is at stake, our best player and a champion of the game, does a
very selfless act in giving a goal in the GF, and there fore a lifelong joyous memory, to a
first gamer Dusty has only known for a few months with a history of hurt.
What a fabulous thing to do!
Doesn't it seem at odds with his brutish, tattooed, fierce appearance. Just sweet.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
What a great gesture.
In a GF when everything is at stake, our best player and a champion of the game, does a
very selfless act in giving a goal in the GF, and there fore a lifelong joyous memory, to a
Doesn't it seem at odds with his brutish, tattooed, fierce appearance. Just sweet.
I doubt that Clangerfield would do that for a team mate.

Reactions: 4 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
What a great gesture.

I loved this and you know it is not an uncommon thing for Dusty to do when in the full press conference after the game Dimma said he had an inkling that Dusty might pass it off to Marlion "cause he just loves the kid!" I'm not sure why 7 didn't show the full press conference on TV and unfortunately only the part 7 showed is on the club website, however the full version is on the official website and goes for about 15 minutes. Well worth watching as both Dimma and Dusty are on screen the whole time and you can just see the rapport between the two.

My take is that Martin is loyal to people he values.

Remember 2017 round 1 against Carlton, Martin gave off a handball (I think) to Dan Butler for Dan's first AFL goal as well.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I loved this and you know it is not an uncommon thing for Dusty to do when in the full press conference after the game Dimma said he had an inkling that Dusty might pass it off to Marlion "cause he just loves the kid!" I'm not sure why 7 didn't show the full press conference on TV and unfortunately only the part 7 showed is on the club website, however the full version is on the official website and goes for about 15 minutes. Well worth watching as both Dimma and Dusty are on screen the whole time and you can just see the rapport between the two.

Remember 2017 round 1 against Carlton, Martin gave off a handball (I think) to Dan Butler for Dan's first AFL goal as well.
You got a link amc11? Thanks