2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Watching that video you realise that without Lynch this year we dont get close to finals , let alone win the GF.

Not underselling the team or performance.

Lynch will be a nightmare (even more so than this year).

He came off a limited pre season, serious injury, new team, new team mates, new game style , playing along side Jack etc was a beast looking at some of those highlights.

So glad Lynch chose the RFC in season 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Watching that video you realise that without Lynch this year we dont get close to finals , let alone win the GF.

He came off a limited pre season, serious injury, new team, new team mates, new game style , playing along side Jack etc was a beast looking at some of those highlights.

Without Lynch we would have lost 1-2 games in the home and away season.
Would have struggled against Geelong in the finals.
Credit to RFC sowing the Seed with him 2 years early.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
may have been mentioned on here - but have you all seen the Weg poster for the premiership?
superior to Mark Knights. wegart.com.au/shop ... or maybe cheaper on ebay?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

this is great .... all the goals Lynch has kicked this year
This all comes off the back of three weeks preseason.

I wouldn't expect him to do a full on preseason this year, it'll be managed appropriately and he will start the year a lot fitter.

Up until round 15 this year he averaged 2.1 goals a game. if you take out the 6 at Port, it becomes 1.87.

After round 15 , including finals, that number becomes 2.91 a game.

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Nearly 3 a game after Rd. 15. Outstanding. Looking forward to his 2020 after a full P/S. Still played every game. He's a man of steel!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lynch certainly kept us in the hunt when Jack went down. But it's all even. he wanted to come to Melbourne to play in front of big crowds and have a chance to win a Premiership. We delivered that in his first year.

Can't think of a better win/win situation.

Reactions: 6 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Lynch certainly kept us in the hunt when Jack went down. But it's all even. he wanted to come to Melbourne to play in front of big crowds and have a chance to win a Premiership. We delivered that in his first year.

Can't think of a better win/win situation.

Balme being shafted by Collingchoke and coming to Tigerland

Reactions: 2 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Here you go Western..

[/QUOTE]

Thanks waiting, the fox recording is the first one I managed to see of the full interview and then I discovered the one on the afl site which has the camera on both Dimma and Dusty for the whole interview instead of switching between the two. It was also great to be able to watch the facial expressions of the two and the little confirmation nods and grins between them. https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-09-28/full-postmatch-tigers

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
thanks No 4 - great clip to watch.

what gets me is Lynch is so dangerous as a marking forward but also the way he crumbs so many goals - good off the ground as well.

Got a feeling 2020 will be his best.
Expecting him to destroy defenders next season.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Not underselling Tommy at all Waiting.

Without him we don't get close its that simple.

Carried the joint from round 1 to round 13 then played some huge games especially the Prelim.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Balme being shafted by Collingchoke and coming to Tigerland

Massive factor in our success was this almighty F Up by the Maggots who then couldnt even keep Grubby either ha ha ha.

Collingwood certainly have helped the RFC resurgence, Balme is the best in the business his record shows it.

Flags at the Cats at the Pies and now 2 at the RFC who were treading water.

Losing Balme and shafting Malthouse ...... 2 great decisions by McGuire thats cost his club a flag possibly 2 I reckon.

Balmey love him, he is a legend very affable too great bloke.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Anyone know if we shared the players premiership prize money (think its about $1m?) across the whole list?

I think we did this in '17

I hope we did.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Anyone know if we shared the players premiership prize money (think its about $1m?) across the whole list?

I think we did this in '17

I hope we did.

No idea
I actually assumed the money stayed in club coffers and that the players wouldn’t receive anything further as it would have been outside the salary cap
But I’ve got nothing to back that up

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No idea
I actually assumed the money stayed in club coffers and that the players wouldn’t receive anything further as it would have been outside the salary cap
But I’ve got nothing to back that up

Im almost certain there is a $1m prize for winning the premiership to be shared amongst the premiership players (= about $40k each), assume its outside the cap because its not like it affords any advantage?

I think in 2017, we shared it across the whole list ($20k each), but I'm not certain.

you would think we would have in 2019, given the admirable narrative we've been running with about how it takes a whole list to win a flag.

Maybe one of the Club 80 fellas could ask Balmey about this at the next gig?

Imagine the moral boost to a rookie 18 year old battling injuries after a long season having Balmey hand 'em a $20K cheque?