2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Im almost certain there is a $1m prize for winning the premiership to be shared amongst the premiership players (= about $40k each), assume its outside the cap because its not like it affords any advantage?

I think in 2017, we shared it across the whole list ($20k each), but I'm not certain.

you would think we would have in 2019, given the admirable narrative we've been running with about how it takes a whole list to win a flag.

Maybe one of the Club 80 fellas could ask Balmey about this at the next gig?

Imagine the moral boost to a rookie 18 year old battling injuries after a long season having Balmey hand 'em a $20K cheque?

Excellent suggestion, will make it happen

Reactions: 2 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Anyone know if we shared the players premiership prize money (think its about $1m?) across the whole list?

I think we did this in '17

I hope we did.

Give half to Dusty and divy up the remainder amongst the rest.

All jokes aside, in 2017 each player received a share of the winnings plus around $36k each just from signing memorabilia.
Dusty received $250k alone for his Brownlow.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
In today's Hun. Crybaby Goddard rates us as no 1 defence and as usual, some Hun dud comes up with the question to vote on "Do you agree with Brendon Goddard? Do the Tigers really have a stingy defence?" .....or words to that effect.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
duh ....
Kept the team who is by definition the second best in the league to 25 on the biggest day of the year. Lowest such score since 1960.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Im almost certain there is a $1m prize for winning the premiership to be shared amongst the premiership players (= about $40k each), assume its outside the cap because its not like it affords any advantage?

I think in 2017, we shared it across the whole list ($20k each), but I'm not certain.

you would think we would have in 2019, given the admirable narrative we've been running with about how it takes a whole list to win a flag.

Maybe one of the Club 80 fellas could ask Balmey about this at the next gig?

Imagine the moral boost to a rookie 18 year old battling injuries after a long season having Balmey hand 'em a $20K cheque?
Hey Ezy, Balmey confirmed last night that the prize money was divided up & shared amongst the whole playing list, RCD & DR17 nodded in agreement

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Hey Ezy, Balmey confirmed last night that the prize money was divided up & shared amongst the whole playing list, RCD & DR17 nodded in agreement
Not sure why anyone would doubt it.That's the Richmond way. :)

• Love

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

So money for us supporters?
Tight asses.

• Sad

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Giant are maturing fast.

1 Captain. Their best player.

Coniglio. Its not rocket surgery but it takes clubs a while to get it.

And we gave them a masterclass in getting it, and maturing.

I reckon well beat them again in 2020 gf.

The one thing i dont get, is they have a broken down old hasbeen ruckman, and they went out and recruited a broken down old hasbeen ruckman

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In today's Hun. Crybaby Goddard rates us as no 1 defence and as usual, some Hun dud comes up with the question to vote on "Do you agree with Brendon Goddard? Do the Tigers really have a stingy defence?" .....or words to that effect.

The defence that coughed up 25 points in a GF without their General.

But everyone knows the Cats had a better defence than the RFC.

Wankers

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Just watched the GF again for the first time in a few months. I didn't expect to be, but I was emotional throughout which was a wonderful feeling. Stand outs for me on this viewing...

• Marlion Pickett's game was truly insane - how good is he going to be for us!
  • Everyone played well, not a single passenger.
  • GWS. Could. Not. Score.
  • Dusty's pass to Marlion and his set shot for goal - the roar and the emotion of that goal was ridiculous.
  • Chimps, Dusty's and Jacks respective goals in the last few minutes of the game were special, I had a tear in my eye after each.

Who would of thought an 89pt margin game could be such compelling viewing! I enjoyed rewatching it every bit as much as I do 2017.

We may not win in 2020, but the other clubs must be absolutely #&#%'ing themselves - our list is even better next season.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Just watched the GF again for the first time in a few months. I didn't expect to be, but I was emotional throughout which was a wonderful feeling. Stand outs for me on this viewing...

• Marlion Pickett's game was truly insane - how good is he going to be for us!
  • Everyone played well, not a single passenger.
  • GWS. Could. Not. Score.
  • Dusty's pass to Marlion and his set shot for goal - the roar and the emotion of that goal was ridiculous.
  • Chimps, Dusty's and Jacks respective goals in the last few minutes of the game were special, I had a tear in my eye after each.

Who would of thought an 89pt margin game could be such compelling viewing! I enjoyed rewatching it every bit as much as I do 2017.

We may not win in 2020, but the other clubs must be absolutely #&#%'ing themselves - our list is even better next season.

There can't be a tiger supporter who wouldn't have emotion watching those magic moments. This is what a close knit inclusive team does. Plays for each other, committed and love for the shirt. I never tire of re-watching 2017 and 2019 Finals series. It was a pity the club never issued a compilation DVD of the 2018 minor premiership season as well

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
There can't be a tiger supporter who wouldn't have emotion watching those magic moments. This is what a close knit inclusive team does. Plays for each other, committed and love for the shirt. I never tire of re-watching 2017 and 2019 Finals series. It was a pity the club never issued a compilation DVD of the 2018 minor premiership season as well

I'm loving the unity of the team almost as much as the success itself.

A couple of my favorite Richmond Tigers photos below, the last is the team resonse when Reece Conca went down with injury.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users