2019 Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Premiers

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The defence that coughed up 25 points in a GF without their General.

But everyone knows the Cats had a better defence than the RFC.

Wankers

I hear they've already named Tom Stewart on a HBF in the AA team for 2020....and 2021, 2022.

The cats do have a pretty good CHB in Blivacs, whom Salty played completely out of position in the biggest game of the year in 2019 (but don't tell Salty that)

Henry is a decent player with further upside, Bews is just OK. Tuohy is a kick chaser who leaks goals. Taylor...well we all saw what tom Lynch did to him in Sept. To compare it to the tigers defence is laughable. if they didn't play so many home games on that postage stamp it would be a different story - they averaged almost 75 pts per game against away from home and only 57 pts against at home.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I think we need to win another premiership next year, at least for the public to take us seriously. My favourite opposition comment and my reply was against Hawthorn, they said "Hey Tigers what happened to your back to back? i yelled out, its coming & by the way, Franklin is still kicking more goals than your forward line " Lucky I was seated and the guy was behind the fence in lower level.;)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think we need to win another premiership next year, at least for the public to take us seriously. My favourite opposition comment and my reply was against Hawthorn, they said "Hey Tigers what happened to your back to back? i yelled out, its coming & by the way, Franklin is still kicking more goals than your forward line " Lucky I was seated and the guy was behind the fence in lower level.;)

Was that during the game at the G this year when we belted the suitcase out of them after the first quarter?

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yes. we just need to beat them at all cost!

Hawks are our bitches nowadays geez we were beating them when they were top of the heap and we were pretenders.

That said its still enjoyable to belt them, same goes for our new found whip hand on the Salties from Krapdinia Park..

Our dominance over Carlton and Essendon and Melbourne also has been quite enjoyable.

The maggots have climbed out of the box a few times though must get back to smacking them with more regularity, as we did when Richo routinely put them to the sword on his own in the mid to late 90s.

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
JB Hi-Fi currently has a "buy one, get one free" deal on box sets. So if two people team up, they can effectively get the season box for $64.50 each.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Has it been mentioned that Dusty does the 'haka tongue' after his final goal in the GF?
1577971455598.png

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Has it been mentioned that Dusty does the 'haka tongue' after his final goal in the GF?
View attachment 9417
Is that what it is? My tongue's usually hangin like that after a hard night on the *smile*, maybe I've got some secret undiscovered Kiwi in me.
I thought Dusty was showing Cotch what he'd be lookin like when he woke up the next morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A pity doesn't appear to have the full seasons DVD set on sale so I ended up with just the final series DVD's as they are the only people prepared to ship overseas

You can find it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AFL-PRE...522440?hash=item444d788e08:g:QTMAAOSwxkpd5GG~
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AFL-Pre...m3416fddb86:g:eYQAAOSwQpNd3gsr&frcectupt=true
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AFL-Pre...864680?hash=item23cd19a2a8:g:56gAAOSwGnpeDWAl

Not sure what sort of postage costs would be involved though.

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I am reading the 2019 Tigers Almanac.
Just got to Round 14, and with our end-of-season dominance it is very easy to forget what a hole we were in and what an extraordinary premiership this was.
We were 7-6, 92% and ninth. And even at that point, we probably HAD to win every game to finish top four. And did.
29 points down deep into time on in Q1 against the Eagles in R22 ... our season was looking very shaky.

If we had not won the flag in 2017 and messed up after being red-hot favourites in2018, I reckon this would be hailed as one of the greatest flags ever - even by the haters.

We got a few breaks ... somehow dodging Collingwood and West Coast in the finals was fortunate.
And the best break of all did not even involve us ... Hawthorn beating West Coast in Perth in the last round was useful.

But really, we came from nowhere to win this.
2017 was more memorable but 2019 was much more meritorious given where we came from mid-season.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A replay of the 1980 Grand final is coming up in a couple of hours on FoxFooty.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
After watching the 1st quarter of the 1980 Grand Final, nothing has changed, the umpires are shafting us, and Copingwood are their darlings.