2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Yeah i tend to agree. At melbourne or north, he would have been like Degoey or Dangerfield.
Which other teams do you think DM would have been supported and successful at, had he somehow been drafted by them?

I think Geelong, and that would have meant Dangerfield would have stayed at the Crows. He would have had some good support from Selwood and some of the other leaders at the club who were there before Scott, who have since retired.

Hawthorn also I think. Clarkson would have managed him well, and Hodge was a great captain who would have provided him with a lot of guidance.

$0.02

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Which other teams do you think DM would have been supported and successful at, had he somehow been drafted by them?

I think Geelong, and that would have meant Dangerfield would have stayed at the Crows. He would have had some good support from Selwood and some of the other leaders at the club who were there before Scott, who have since retired.

Hawthorn also I think. Clarkson would have managed him well, and Hodge was a great captain who would have provided him with a lot of guidance.

$0.02

He would have been supported somewhere like Geelong but I'm not sure he would have reached the same heights. I'm not sure Chris Scott would allow him to play with as much freedom as Dimma does and therefore I think we would constrain his ability.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
now theres a sweet little twist.

the cast of Dusty The Musical

Tom Scully, Jackson Trengove, Gary Rohan, Lewis jetta,

Tom Stewart, Patrick Dangerfield, Tex Walker

and of course, Dustin, Ralph, Dimma, Emma, Peggy and Trent

Serena Williams and Dane Swan would need to get a run in that musical

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Having a cup of tea with caesar on Sunday morning and we both liked the idea of Matty Clarke backing himself and going a couple kids that haven’t been seen much , FJ would know everything about there junior career pre 2020 anyway . However I’ll never question Matty Clarke’s decisions

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Mind games by Dudoro.

They know the kid wants us. His father was a champion at Richmond. His cousin is a 3 time premiership player there.

They know we will match. Question is, which pick? Do we swap out pick 17 for something later? I would.
They would be crazy to bid with one of their top 10 picks and their next pick is 44. Even if they bid then what pick would we need to match with the 20% discount?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So I think we have 61 so we would lose a few points?

All depends. If the Pick remains at 61 then yes we will have a deficit falling into 2021 of 35 points which would come off our 3rd next year, however when that bid comes at Pick 44 lets say, our Pick will likely have moved up the order as a lot of those picks between 30-60 will have been lost due to academy bidding picks. I'd estimate it would jump about 8-10 spots so at that point, we can match and have some leftover points in 2020 which would drop that pick to the back of the draft order so we could still use it if we wanted to.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It would liven things up if each club got one joker at the draft.

If a side bids early (as in MRJ), you play your joker and say 'get *smile*'.

if another club bid, you have to match.

you can trade for jokers and accumulate them.

we could start accumulating jokers now, and have 17 to play on Parker Cotchin and get him for pick 100

Mind games by Dudoro.

Akin to Stephen Hawkins juggling chainsaws

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
All depends. If the Pick remains at 61 then yes we will have a deficit falling into 2021 of 35 points which would come off our 3rd next year, however when that bid comes at Pick 44 lets say, our Pick will likely have moved up the order as a lot of those picks between 30-60 will have been lost due to academy bidding picks. I'd estimate it would jump about 8-10 spots so at that point, we can match and have some leftover points in 2020 which would drop that pick to the back of the draft order so we could still use it if we wanted to.
o_O
Glad the AFL has made it so easy to understand then

Thanks

Someone is going to bid on MRJ you would think. Rioli's are good luck charms

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
It would liven things up if each club got one joker at the draft.

If a side bids early (as in MRJ), you play your joker and say 'get *smile*'.

if another club bid, you have to match.

you can trade for jokers and accumulate them.

we could start accumulating jokers now, and have 17 to play on Parker Cotchin and get him for pick 100
Might need more than 17 Easy. We have to somehow get Marlion to 100 games so we get dibs on Marlion Jnr. And what about Latrelle and Levi. And then there's the best of the brood... Shaniquae!!!

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

$0.02

$0.02 :)

Well it was Sydney that desperately wanted him and I think they would have been best placed to approximate 3 Norm Smith medals?

Dusty was living up there, would have enjoyed relative anonymity (which he clearly enjoys), well coached and cultured side, great leadership.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Might need more than 17 Easy. We have to somehow get Marlion to 100 games so we get dibs on Marlion Jnr. And what about Latrelle and Levi. And then there's the best of the brood... Shaniquae!!!

is there really a Latrelle Pickett?

Ok, ive got a new joker rule.

you can future play them and no-one can touch your jokered player unless you chose to pass pre-draft.

And I play our 2020 joker on Latrelle Pickett

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
o_O
Glad the AFL has made it so easy to understand then

Thanks

Someone is going to bid on MRJ you would think. Rioli's are good luck charms

Riolis have played in 8 of the last 12 premierships.

in the modern era, a Rioli increases the likelihood of you winning a premiership by 66%.

I'd be bidding on MRJ at No.1

who is this Samsara-Bugle Fagan anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
How about we change the F/S rule to 100 games or a premiership player !!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Riolis have played in 8 of the last 12 premierships.

in the modern era, a Rioli increases the likelihood of you winning a premiership by 66%.

I'd be bidding on MRJ at No.1

who is this Samsara-Bugle Fagan anyway?
I have this feeling that idiot Dodoro will bid on MRJ with one of his 3 first rounders - just to put himself in the limelight and get publicity for the bombers. Its the stupid type of thing he would do. Please someone assure me this wont happen?