2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Reporting that Maurice Jr. is eligible for 3 clubs. Us and Freo under father son and Essendon under NGA.

The *smile* druggies?? WTF? Geez these NGAs are *smile*. How do they get access to him? I thought the NT was given to Gold Coast.

And I also thought he wasn’t eligible for Freo? Seems to change every time it’s reported.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
He's been eligible for all 3 the whole time, it's nothing new. He's going to Richmond though

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He's been eligible for all 3 the whole time, it's nothing new. He's going to Richmond though
Fair enough. I knew there was a possibility about Freo but there has been conflicting reports on his eligibility for them. Had no idea about the Druggies though.

Still reckon the NGAs are *smile*. Quaynor at Scumwood is a farce.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Another ripper freebie for Sydney with Braeden Campbell, looks a jet. They'll be back up in a couple of years, to universal praise from meeja about what a great club they are, no mention of Heeney, Mills, Blakey and this kid being total rorts.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Good to see they are getting rid of the NGA's from next year.

Also time to get rid of the northern state academies
Had to have a bit of an eye-roll at Clarko having a whinge about the academies and compromised drafts. Saying it's so hard to rebuild without access to top talent. We had to build our list during the most compromised drafts in the history of the game and won two flags, should have been three. Suck it up and get a better recruiting team, and stop trading all your first round draft picks!!!

Reactions: 10 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Another ripper freebie for Sydney with Braeden Campbell, looks a jet. They'll be back up in a couple of years, to universal praise from meeja about what a great club they are, no mention of Heeney, Mills, Blakey and this kid being total rorts.
Yep the Swans have quietly stockpiled free talent. They only need to get a couple more picks right and it’s a new generation.
Swans & Freo are the ones to watch for me over the next few years.
If the drums are right and we get Perryman, what will the cost be? Surely our second and not a first?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
You'd reckon so, Scoop. Perryman seems an odd pick for us. Can he go inside or is he a fat winger who can't run and therefore has no place in yellow and black?

While we're on the Swans, how good has Blakey looked in the midfield. I didn't realise he was that quick, he's blistering over 20, and the left foot is laser-guided.

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They are just a club that just cant seem to get *smile* right.

Bit like the RFC used to be.
They got three good players, craig. Serong and Young are future stars, and Henry's a talent. But pick 9 was a high price to pay for him.

Georgiades didn't play any footy last year, so he would have been a risk, but I reckon a few clubs - Hawthorn and Melbourne in particular - might be second-guessing themselves. And Freo should have had the intel.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
They are just a club that just cant seem to get *smile* right.

Bit like the RFC used to be.

Yep they do remind with our drafting. They struck gold with Serong though. Clearly the 2nd most impressive 1st year after Rowell and plucked him at 8. Hayden Young not been seen much this year and also a gun. Those picking between 3 and 8 will be kicking themselves they didn't go Serong now.

Sydney and Beatson don't get much wrong but I reckon they pulled the wrong rein on this one

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
You'd reckon so, Scoop. Perryman seems an odd pick for us. Can he go inside or is he a fat winger who can't run and therefore has no place in yellow and black?

While we're on the Swans, how good has Blakey looked in the midfield. I didn't realise he was that quick, he's blistering over 20, and the left foot is laser-guided.

I’m not sold on Perryman. I’d take Brando over him and the wage wont be cheap. Rather trade for Caldwell.

Blakey in the middle is what I hope RCD could be. I’m still thinking tall forward at our first pick.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I’m not sold on Perryman. I’d take Brando over him and the wage wont be cheap. Rather trade for Caldwell.

Blakey in the middle is what I hope RCD could be. I’m still thinking tall forward at our first pick.
We were two picks away from Georgiades last year, not that I have any idea if we were into him. Agree, we need to find the next Jack.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
IMO we need talls at both ends (Astbury/Grimes are not getting any younger) & incl a fwd to replace Jack. an inside clearance machine is a must as well.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Cal Twomey's Top 25 phantom draft guide
1 September 2020
..... ....
17. Heath Chapman .......... 193cm/81kg 31/1/02 Key defender West Perth/Western Australia
18. Jack Carroll ...………...... 188cm/79kg 20/12/02 Midfielder East Fremantle/Western Australia
19. Nathan O'Driscoll ……... 187cm/76kg 17/5/02 ......
21. Zane Trew ......……....... 187cm/78kg 26/4/02 Midfielder Swan Districts/Western Australia
22. Brayden Cook ……........ 188cm/74kg 18/7/02 Forward/mid South Adelaide/South Australia
23. Nik Cox .........………..... 199cm/82kg 15/1/02 Key fwd/def Northern Knights/Vic Metro
24. Bailey Laurie ...……….... 178cm/76kg 24/3/02 Forward/mid Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
. ....ll
These players would be around our first pick accounting for academy picks.
A big cox as a key back? Or a chappie?
We are just as likely to pick a small forward in Lolley Baurie

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
These players would be around our first pick accounting for academy picks.
A big cox as a key back? Or a chappie?
We are just as likely to pick a small forward in Lolley Baurie

So we have a surplus on our list ready for a fire-sale to St.Kilda?