2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Nicholas Couroupis - Cant see much on him

looks like the player we have been hiding for 3 years

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
Reading Green's profile it seems like if he is taken by us he will be tried as a third tall defender?

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
So what's the go with the guys training with us, if we like one of them do we get them under the SPP or is there still another pre-season draft where we are last in the queue?

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
So what's the go with the guys training with us, if we like one of them do we get them under the SPP or is there still another pre-season draft where we are last in the queue?
SPP it is, we have 2 spots, tho with Soldo possibly going to the inactive list "formerly LTI list" it could open up a 3rd if they all "train the house down"

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Reading Green's profile it seems like if he is taken by us he will be tried as a third tall defender?
Whilst his profile bio reads like he will be a kpp with his height and weight combined with his birthdate and possibility to add another 2-3 cm to his height he could be 194 in 2 years time. But most of what i have read is that there is significant midfield ability could become a big mid
Whilst he has a reasonable amount of pace it also looks like he is a bit like Jack Graham where he is not so fast in the first 5-6mtrs but powers on after that.

Great Rookie prospect and you never know he may just be the bait that catches the bigger fish whilst being good himself
Im glad the club is looking outside the box with some of these picks/players

Reactions: 2 users

ejort

Tiger Cub
Jul 30, 2020
He has strong tiger bloodlines too. His dad is General Lee’s cousin.

This young lad sounds alright, I'm excited.

#21 Nicholas Couroupis

Couroupis was one of the Bloods’ best midfielders with 19 disposals, seven clearances and four tackles in this match. He collected plenty of contested possessions at stoppages and used his explosiveness to break away from the contests. His lateral vision is outstanding for a young player, as he found targets that many would not see and used lengthy handballs to clear congestion and give his teammates space to work into.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He has strong tiger bloodlines too. His dad is General Lee’s cousin.
Just found another snippet on him, he has a crack.

SCOUTING NOTES

West Adelaide:
#4 Nicholas Couroupis

The hard-nosed inside midfielder was part of a young trio of Bloods to feature at the centre bounces, but he also did some nice work away from the coalface. In his fifth-consecutive Reserves outing since entering the grade, Couroupis was able to showcase his admirable defensive work-rate and ability to impact aerially, using his courage and vertical leap to reel in a couple of nice marks. He provided a safe outlet in the back half when a hold in possession was required, but also attacked the ball hard in open play and came out better for it. This was most evident in the final term, as Couroupis straight-lined the ball between three opponents, burst free, and delivered a goal assist to Tyler Harris, who was free inside 50.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This young lad sounds alright, I'm excited.

#21 Nicholas Couroupis

Couroupis was one of the Bloods’ best midfielders with 19 disposals, seven clearances and four tackles in this match. He collected plenty of contested possessions at stoppages and used his explosiveness to break away from the contests. His lateral vision is outstanding for a young player, as he found targets that many would not see and used lengthy handballs to clear congestion and give his teammates space to work into.

Sounds very much like out type of midfielder. Explosive away from contests, lengthy handballs to clear congestion.

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
Nicholas Couroupis

Can't find much on him stats etc height did he play for SA under 18 to.

185cm 85kg 26/12/01

Missed most of his draft year and the year prior with stress fractures in his back. He's 19 now and this year is the first time in a long time he's been able to play consistent games.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Just found another snippet on him, he has a crack.

SCOUTING NOTES

West Adelaide:
#4 Nicholas Couroupis

attacked the ball hard in open play and came out better for it. This was most evident in the final term, as Couroupis straight-lined the ball between three opponents, burst free.

Ohh i like that part

But reading that article and looking to see he was not in the best players for the blood's was disappointing