2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah it’s really disappointing for them.
The son of my wife’s cousin is in this boat. Should be playing for the NK showcasing his wares.
Massive Tigers fan and had been interviewed by 4 clubs, including Richmond. Praying he gets an opportunity.
Is he any good? What kind of player are we talking here?
Any info on any kids we can draft would be great as there is nothing around at the moment.

As far as I know i thought we are pretty good for the draft this year:
-M Roili Jnr
-That acadamy kids who plays in the backlines, Baxter or something, I thought he was going to be a 1st round pick by we have dips
- I thought there was also one more we had access too

So there was talk about them being 1st and 2nd bids we would have to match, so things might work out for us and they might now full further down the draft and we can have a free hit at someone else. MJ for a 3rd or 4th, now that's juicy considering I have thought he has been training with the club.

What kind of draft picks we looking at this year? I cant remember what we have

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
After this year, more than ever, will need to be VERY patient if we draft Moz Rioli, will need to learn a lot about the professional side of things.

Definitely a lot of talent to be found, but Id expect a lot of guys from this draft year to end up being picked as mature agers down the track. VFL or an equivalent is important in this aspect too. I think having those stand alone teams makes a huge difference and I think is a key pillar to maintain when they figure out what theyre doing next year and beyond. Massive developers of draftable talent

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Any info on any kids we can draft would be great as there is nothing around at the moment.

-M Roili Jnr
-That acadamy kids who plays in the backlines, Baxter or something, I thought he was going to be a 1st round pick by we have dips

So there was talk about them being 1st and 2nd bids we would have to match, so things might work out for us and they might now full further down the draft and we can have a free hit at someone else. MJ for a 3rd or 4th, now that's juicy considering I have thought he has been training with the club.

Ethan Baxter which we have got dibs on but was never considered a 1st rounder, that he is not even mentioned in AFL dispatches of academy players tied to clubs probably indicates that his stocks are pretty low.

Also Junior will be a late selection IMO?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

-M Roili Jnr

I don't think I've seen anywhere that either are touted as 1st or 2nd round picks.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think I've seen anywhere that either are touted as 1st or 2nd round picks.
There was talk at the start of last year, because freo will try to bid for MJ, there was an article about other clubs trying to make us pay top dollar.
If we can get them for 4th and 5th rounder then we are doing really good

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Apparently Dimma has told Junior that If he joins Freo, he’ll still get a game in the seniors at Richmond because his surname is Rioli.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
What happened to that kid in our academy zone key full back Baxter was rated a bit ?.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Young key position forward Logan McDonald 196 cm's is one to look out for. He made his senior debut in the WAFL last week and kicked 3 goals and backed that up by kicking 4 on the weekend. Don't know what the chances are of him being available with whatever pick we end up with, but by all reports he will be a star.

Frockers will want him they are bereft up forward.

Eagles also will be looking for the apprentice to replace Kennedy.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If he's an SA boy can back it in the Crows are tanking to get him, and will trade out some names to get more picks in to assist getting him.

I don't think they need to tank, they're not going anywhere on the ladder this year.

DS

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
With no hint of knowledge I thought he was top 8.
Well it keeps changing with some people saying top 10 and some saying upto 20 but you never really know

What i do know is that things shouldnt have changed a great deal with people outside of clubland as they have no games or reason to change so would rather be basing things on earlier predictions which had him as a late 1st

Reactions: 1 user