2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I heard over the weekend Collingwood have this kid in their sights. They will try and package up this years and next years first round pick for Norths first round pick.
I seriously doubt North are that stupid to take it.
I hope they do that and then Adelaide take him at no.1

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Here is Knigtmare's two round phantom draft, has us matching Carton's bid for MJR at 43, a double knee reconstruction guy at # 41 and a 180cm 73kg midfielder at #21

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
I heard over the weekend Collingwood have this kid in their sights. They will try and package up this years and next years first round pick for Norths first round pick.
I seriously doubt North are that stupid to take it.
I presume that would have to be both of this year’s firsts (14 & 16) and next year’s first, making him more expensive than Jeremy Cameron (3 firsts, with no second rounders coming back). Still doubt North would do it, they really need an iconic young player, which McDonald has the potential to be, whereas those Collingwood picks would probably just get them three more Taylor Garners.

Reactions: 5 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Knightmare's most recent phantom draft didn't include Gold Coast academy prospects (Davies, Jeffrey & Lake) in the national draft labelling them as "pre draft". Does anyone know if this will happen come draft period? If so does this would mean my estimate of our first pick (17) landing at 24 would push one back to 23 not that it changes anything

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Knightmare's most recent phantom draft didn't include Gold Coast academy prospects (Davies, Jeffrey & Lake) in the national draft labelling them as "pre draft". Does anyone know if this will happen come draft period? If so does this would mean my estimate of our first pick (17) landing at 24 would push one back to 23 not that it changes anything

when Gold Coast finished last again in 2019, the AFL gave them a host of concessions, including extra rookie list spots ( they may have as many as 10 rookie spots?? - although they should be called Richmond Rookery spots, really) and the ability to pre-list Academy players.

I think they last until at least 2022.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Here is Knigtmare's two round phantom draft, has us matching Carton's bid for MJR at 43, a double knee reconstruction guy at # 41 and a 180cm 73kg midfielder at #21

Powell sounds a ripper

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Powell sounds a ripper

A bit more info on Powell Ezy:

3.04 for 20m sprint a bit average but a ball magnet by the sounds of it.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Growing on me. Dual sided, side step, time and weighted kicks. And a blood line.

With a year of experience and exposure, he has the tools to have improved into top 10.

Would be a steal at 17. I have Finley and Chapman my two wants. Just get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Growing on me. Dual sided, side step, time and weighted kicks. And a blood line.

With a year of experience and exposure, he has the tools to have improved into top 10.

Would be happy with either of those but maybe a slight reach, would need to slide on current projections but if ever there was a year for surprise selections it could be this year, some might gamble on players sight unseen this year?

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I watched Chapmans video earlier. I love the way that immediately he looks to play on. The one thing I didn't see to much of him was man on man, tended to be a lot of intercept marking floating across (which is fine), I was just hoping to see a bit more of Grimes / Rance defensively, but really liked what I saw.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003

Very nice highlight package that kid. Great skills and gets his own ball.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

why does Macrae look like a Footscray player to me?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Slowish but as a first touch inside mid he looks alright. A good footballer

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

that 3.04 was a preseason measure and didnt test at the SA combine (calf)

but yeah we are pretty sorted for slowish inside mids with graham and ross and RCD for a few years

and with our game plan, we dont really need accumulators?

If Adelaide dont take Logan McDonald, they are mental

huge fast goal kicker with mitts and a tank proven against men.

a rare beast.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
that 3.04 was a preseason measure and didnt test at the SA combine (calf)

but yeah we are pretty sorted for slowish inside mids with graham and ross and RCD for a few years

and with our game plan, we dont really need accumulators?

If Adelaide dont take Logan McDonald, they are mental

huge fast goal kicker with mitts and a tank proven against men.

a rare beast.

Didn't pick up that it was a preseason time and RCD has explosive speed so a slip of your pen in pegging him as slow.

Yep on Adelaide, the key forwards are back, everyone needs one.

Reactions: 2 users