2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Reckon we’ll take another rookie before the season starts. I just heard we have invited some players to do preseason with a view to giving one a rookie spot. One player invited is my cousins son Rhyan Mansell, a Tassie lad from Nth Launceston who played in Woodville-West Torrens senior flag last season. He’s a small defender, quick and tough
is that your cousin's son or your cousins' son?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Reckon we’ll take another rookie before the season starts. I just heard we have invited some players to do preseason with a view to giving one a rookie spot. One player invited is my cousins son Rhyan Mansell, a Tassie lad from Nth Launceston who played in Woodville-West Torrens senior flag last season. He’s a small defender, quick and tough
Below was Draft Central's take, so mature aged and overlooked in main and rookie drafts 3 times now? (not that there is anything wrong with that how many times was Lambo overlooked).
Tarryn Thomas is a cousin apparently.

Rhyan Mansell | WWT Eagles
4/06/2000 | 182cm | 75kg

A small-medium defender who has come on leaps and bounds this year, Mansell allayed late injury concerns to help Woodville-West Torrens take out the premiership flag. The Tasmanian native was a key rebounder out of the back half and showed good skills with ball in hand, while also bringing a hard edge to the side. It could be his year after being overlooked twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Might be a good replacement for Houli, I hope he goes well.

Reactions: 1 users

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks for the info

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Footscary better hope Bugle Hagan is good, they sold the farm to get him.
The last couple of forwards to go early in the draft have been very ordinary.
20201218_103348.jpg

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
https://www.afl.com.au/news/533681/...-calls-inside-2020-s-first-round-draft-frenzy

This a good take. We had McRae as our final targeted player, once he was gone, we were out. If we made a pick it would'v been Bailey Laurie.

This two did bits tell a lot about what we value in footballers rights now.

Here's a description on Laurie " boasts elite agility and creativity forward of centre, able to weave his way into dangerous positions and bring others into the game."

Here's a description of McRae 'Macrae is a classy midfielder who you want delivering the ball inside 50; boasting great composure and the ability to kick efficiently on both feet."

Ability forward of centre, creative, agility and damaging. Quality touches, not quantity. Reeks of Shane Edwards, Kane Lambert, Daniel Rioli even Dusty.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Confirmed list of players training with us.

RICHMOND
Nicholas Couroupis (West Adelaide)
Joshua Green (Marist AFC)
Rhyan Mansell (Woodville-West Torrens)
Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (Richmond)

Reactions: 1 user