2020 Anniversaries | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Anniversaries

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Don't know about that, pretty significant moment in our history, without that there is nothing else.
I just don't want to remember it. Best forgotten. After that long I still can't stand listening to Mark Williams' (musician) song Show No Mercy (used as the promo) everytime it comes up on the radio. Bad memories... I'm just glad we're still alive and pumping.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Let's also remember Cartoon's Silver Jubilee since their last flag, and the Bummers' 20th and the Chokers' 10th.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Let's also remember Cartoon's Silver Jubilee since their last flag, and the Bummers' 20th and the Chokers' 10th.

You sure it’s Carlton silver Jubilee?
Thought their last premiership was 25 years ago

kb68

Tiger Rookie
Jul 23, 2003
Hobart
I just don't want to remember it. Best forgotten. After that long I still can't stand listening to Mark Williams' (musician) song Show No Mercy (used as the promo) everytime it comes up on the radio. Bad memories... I'm just glad we're still alive and pumping.

I know it's off topic, but speaking of songs that bring back memories .
Driving home last night listening to Kennedy Molloy , what song should come on but Mr Brightside. :D:D
One for the good memories file.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Forgotten years always takes me back to that day now as well.
Heard 'em crank up that song n was looking around wondering how come the Oils were doing pre match. *smile* old doofus,,,,,,, at least they honoured the original n didn't butcher it as most bands do when they cover.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Driving home last night listening to Kennedy Molloy , what song should come on but Mr Brightside. :D:D
Reminds me of Jack now :))

Disagree on both your points, SOS was a defining moment in our History

&

Dimma has already coached us for 10 years
It was, but it's like remembering a funeral.

He started in 2010 but, OK, I won't debate on numbers...

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Reminds me of Jack now :))

It was, but it's like remembering a funeral.

He started in 2010 but, OK, I won't debate on numbers...
SOS should never be forgotten because as we know history repeats.Every board member should have to read about it at the start of every season.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, they played “Dance monkey” on the radio and I’m humming away to it and my daughter asked how I knew it. “Cos she played at the grand final this year when the Tiges won, so I like it”. Then the very next song was Mr Brightside and I said “And The Killers played this one at the 2017 granny which we ALSO won”. My daughter had switched off by now so I was just talking to myself....

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
SOS should never be forgotten because as we know history repeats.Every board member should have to read about it at the start of every season.
Around the time of the SOS I was at a sports function and the guests were Kim Hughes and Graham Moss. I spoke with both of them after the function and I’ll never forget that Graham Moss said that the AFL should let RICHMOND die because they have destroyed themselves and there are too many clubs in Melbourne anyway. I recall very passionately saying that RFC would never die because the supporters wouldn’t let it happen and when we were successful again that he would see the true power of the club.
Took over 25 years for that to happen but it eventually did.

Reactions: 3 users