2020 finals–week one: the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 finals–week one: the other games

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Pies will be too quick for geelong.

Unfortunately think they're a massive chance to make the gf

DragaTheCro

Tiger Superstar
Apr 20, 2004
Pies will be too quick for geelong.

Unfortunately think they're a massive chance to make the gf
They also beat the Handbaggers in the QF last year and then underperformed against GWS in the Prelim. Reckon the might beat Geelong too but won’t beat the Lions.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
One of the greatest finals wins ever? Good win sure, but OTT IMO. The whole hub iso thing is overstated. Clubs are used to travelling, and Collingwood travel well historically, and they are well and truly used to being confined to hubs. A week in a nice hotel is now akin to being in the hole in Boggo Road?

Anyway, good win sure, greatest finals win ever? Way OTT hype.

Jeez what a cynical view. The game itself was fantastic, you never knew which way it was going to go. Highlights galore, thrilling marks and goals. It was a huge effort by the pies. Loved it as a spectacle, some of us can actually enjoy a brilliant game for what it is.

Reactions: 1 users

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
Did he mean that ‘hands in the back’ is no longer a rule? If so that is correct.

What is allowed now is interpreted based on the situation. Forwards are allowed to hold their ground using hands if necessary.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Jeez what a cynical view. The game itself was fantastic, you never knew which way it was going to go. Highlights galore, thrilling marks and goals. It was a huge effort by the pies. Loved it as a spectacle, some of us can actually enjoy a brilliant game for what it is.

did I say I didn't enjoy the game? My beef is with the narrative that the pies had no hope in hell, as I said in the post.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Did he mean that ‘hands in the back’ is no longer a rule? If so that is correct.

What is allowed now is interpreted based on the situation. Forwards are allowed to hold their ground using hands if necessary.
Big difference between holding ground n pushing. That was the reason they changed the rule to hands in the back n crucified Richo n us against Essendrugs in the first place. They then changed it back to being able to hold your ground with your hands a few years ago n defenders are once again being shunted out of the contest.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Big difference between holding ground n pushing. That was the reason they changed the rule to hands in the back n crucified Richo n us against Essendrugs in the first place. They then changed it back to being able to hold your ground with your hands a few years ago n defenders are once again being shunted out of the contest.

I reckon they've got it pretty much right, you rarely see supporters whingeing about hands in the back anymore.

It's the HTB that is the big issue. And its mainly been caused by Shocking reacting to Clarkson reacting to his own *smile* sides play. It's laughable rules management of the biggest game in Aust when you think about it.