2020 finals–week two: the other game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 finals–week two: the other game

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Saturday 10 October

Second Semi final

Geelong Cats v Collingwood
7:40 PM (AEDT)
Gabba

Forecast: Min 17, Max 29, Sunny. Chance of any rain: 0%. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h early in the morning then tending east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Total toss of a coin, this one. History says the Cats will bounce back from a qualifying final loss but the fighting spirit of the 'Pies might get them over the line.

On paper, Geelong looks a little better to me and will surely be crazy desperate.

Cats by two goals.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Saturday 10 October

Second Semi final

Geelong Cats v Collingwood
7:40 PM (AEDT)
Gabba

Forecast: Min 17, Max 29, Sunny. Chance of any rain: 0%. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h early in the morning then tending east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h.

Total toss of a coin, this one. History says the Cats will bounce back from a qualifying final loss but the fighting spirit of the 'Pies might get them over the line.

On paper, Geelong looks a little better to me and will surely be crazy desperate.

Cats by two goals.

Very difficult game to pick I reckon. History says Geelong, but Collingwood will certainly give it a good shake.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
this game is like trying to decide who to barrack for out of Pol Pot and Idi Amin.
whoever wins I really hope neither of them get to the GF

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I'm watching just to see if Hawkins chokes again.
You know, that guy who would have beaten Richmond on his own last year if he played.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
this game is like trying to decide who to barrack for out of Pol Pot and Idi Amin.
whoever wins I really hope neither of them get to the GF
LOL

For some reason my hatred for Geelong surpasses even Collingwood these days, so kind of want them to win. Nostalgia for 1980 perhaps.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The extra game helps the Maggots, and hinders the Cats going forward.

So for mine I hope the Cats get up and get rid of the Skunks who should never have made the 8 anyway thanks only to Melbourne and GWS both shitting the bed in games they shouldv'e won.

Weve got to get through tonight first and that aint no simple task unless we roll out our very best and fiercest attitude.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
LOL

For some reason my hatred for Geelong surpasses even Collingwood these days, so kind of want them to win. Nostalgia for 1980 perhaps.
my hatred for Collingwood is ingrained, but Geelong are right up there during the Scott/Selwood/Stagerfield years.
if it wasn't for Mason *smile* then I might lean towards the pies. But only for this game...

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Tonight is a WIN/WIN as far as I'm concerned.

If Geesook lose its straight sets again for the umpteenth time in a row. Good for laughs! :rotfl1

If the Scum lose it's great for footy. :D

Just a shame one of these teams has to win!!!

Hopefully the Bears kick out whoever wins anyway.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
The most number of laughs for us supporters will be if Geesook goes out this week, then Bears and Pies bash each other up next match, with Colllywobbles going down by a point.
Perfect scenario, Celebrant.