2020 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Fixture

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
My feeling is there is no way they will change the current released draw no matter what happens.

There's an awful lot of logistics in running an AFL game, not the sort of thing that can be changed with a couple of weeks notice.

I just came across this little article on facebook, not sure of its validity but WA hub for at least 4 Vic clubs on the cards??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I just came across this little article on facebook, not sure of its validity but WA hub for at least 4 Vic clubs on the cards??

Where not going to WA.
They will only send teams that haven't played freo or WC.
We play Wc in Rnd 4.
We will play Freo back in Melbourne.
Melbourne, port, Adelaide, brisbane GC and Essendon won't be part of a WA hub.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Sorry mods if this should be in another thread. Just wondering peoples opinions on when the rest of fixture should be announced. Surely it has to be announced before a ball is bounced, otherwise it is compromised. Thoughts?
It is compromised already. Cannot un-comprise it. Cannot make it more comprised.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Where not going to WA.
They will only send teams that haven't played freo or WC.
We play Wc in Rnd 4.
We will play Freo back in Melbourne.
Melbourne, port, Adelaide, brisbane GC and Essendon won't be part of a WA hub.
Be hilarious if Geesooks and the Filth have to go to the W.A. hub.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I reckon we should stay up on the Gold Coast for an added week or even 2 and knock out a couple of extra matches against the locals or whoever might be left in the hub.
Might give us the opportunity to get a decent run home at the G for a change! :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agree it is a bit compromised but I reckon a 17-game draw is less compromised than the original 22-game draw.

The "24 game zip season" works in many ways. No pre-season games. It allows teams struggling early on it allows them to regroup and continue to make a play for the 8.
But a 17 game season has massive flaws also. What happens if you get 8 home games against teams that aren't contenders? And then your faced with playing a majority of the top rated sides away.
The only way you can have a fair season is to stop with 'we need to play them" scenario's.
Why should Brisbane play Gc twice?
Why should port play Adelaide twice?
Why should West coast play freo twice?
Why should Gws play Sydney twice?
The previous seasons ladder will make the decision for oncoming season's fixture.
This would be our fixture
Top 8, play twice (14 games)
Positions 9-18th once (10 games)
Gold coast' fixture
Bottom 8 twice (14 games)
Postions 10th to first only once (10 games)
North fixture 3 teams above them twice and 4 teams below them twice (14 games) and the rest once.
Etc

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Just wondering when our next group of matches is announced?
Last of our present group of 4 is an away game against West Coast at Metricon.
Assuming that the fixture continues with home and away games as per the original draw, we will at some point have home games to play against against Geelong North and Port Adelaide (all good) and away games against Brisbane and Gold Coast.
Wouldn’t mind if we stay on after the west Coast game and get the two Brisbane games out of the way, hopefully while we still have a full list.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Just wondering when our next group of matches is announced?
Last of our present group of 4 is an away game against West Coast at Metricon.
Assuming that the fixture continues with home and away games as per the original draw, we will at some point have home games to play against against Geelong North and Port Adelaide (all good) and away games against Brisbane and Gold Coast.
Wouldn’t mind if we stay on after the west Coast game and get the two Brisbane games out of the way, hopefully while we still have a full list.

I believe the AFL stated they will announce the next round of fixtures by the weekend of Round 4. With SA announcing the reopening of borders form July 20, that would suggest they will be staying in SE QLD for 2 more weeks.

still no word on WA.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I believe the AFL stated they will announce the next round of fixtures by the weekend of Round 4. With SA announcing the reopening of borders form July 20, that would suggest they will be staying in SE QLD for 2 more weeks.

still no word on WA.

I would hazard a guess and say we would play freo here and not go to WA, since we would have already played WC interstate. We would probably play the SA teams there if there is a hub though

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I would hazard a guess and say we would play freo here and not go to WA, since we would have already played WC interstate. We would probably play the SA teams there if there is a hub though

why would there be a hub there? the adelaide teams will play home games in adelaide and travel for away games as normal from July 20.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
As long as we get North on the G
I will be happy
Spot on we need to play both North and the Dogs on the G. We really struggle against both teams on Marvel Stadium.

That said we haven't played North at the G in a H&A game since 2012.