2020 Grand Final Ticket Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Grand Final Ticket Thread

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
AFL just announced that tickets to General public will go on sale tomorrow
Only 3500 tickets sold to Richmond members , do we have 5000 members in QLD ? Why don’t people want to go
3,500 Richmond members in Qld. Geelong have around 1,100. But that would include members up north.

I reckon they should have allowed each barcode 2 tickets.

I reckon there is a real risk that they don't get to the 30,000 they are looking for

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
3,500 Richmond members in Qld. Geelong have around 1,100. But that would include members up north.

I reckon there is a real risk that they don't get to the 30,000 they are looking for
I know many have taken up the corporate package of accommodation and dining / beverage package . Once in a lifetime experience for those living in QLD

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

I completely agree I will be very surprised if they get 25000.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
Surely they fill the stadium?

I thought and thought about coming but it’s just too good an opportunity to pass up. I reckon I would not get tickets to an equivalent game in Melbourne, well not for under 4K anyway.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra

I thought and thought about coming but it’s just too good an opportunity to pass up. I reckon I would not get tickets to an equivalent game in Melbourne, well not for under 4K anyway.
I’m coming from Canberra. Flights are pretty steep which is probably putting off a few people.

Add in crazy QLD COVID rules such as if to QLD from Canberra you can’t have been to NSW in the previously 14 days (we have family and friends 10kms away over the border - that for last in 3 months we have been aloud to visit) It makes it hard.

Just for laughs the same family and friends that live across the border can come to the ACT so we are coming into contact with them daily anyway at work etc.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

If they dont, it will consummate Queensland as the most Hillbilly state of Australia by a significant margin.

But I think they will.

worse case scenario, Gil just sends someone to hand out handfuls of tickets to stockbrokers, barristers and admen in Queens St lobbies, assuring them that yes, Liam Wright is playing.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
It will sell out. i'm sure a lot of neutral Queenslanders who love footy will snap up a ticket for the opportunity of a lifetime. But you’d have to say the AFL stuffed up the allocation. it should have been 2 tix per barcode if the competing clubs had only 6,000 QLD members between them.

But to post a good story… my mate from Hobart who broke his hip on Grand Final morning last year and missed out on the game, snapped up a ticket yesterday :)

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
One of my work colleagues got on to ticketmaster for the public sale. There were 14,000 in the queue. Only $420 tickets left when she got on. I just went in myself and looks like its sold out.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
i'm hearing big queues on Ticketmaster

theres some pretty weird stuff going on there.

I got on the GP sale at 0900 and 1 second.

I was told I was 7000th in the queue.

at 0909 I got my slot to purchase and there was nothing there.

I started at 2 adult best available (No tickets)

and progressed to 1 adult, alcohol free, restricted viewing, top tier (no tickets)

Seems very strange? is this robots?

or did 7000 people buy 20,000 seats in 9 minutes

after 6000 seats went in the previous 48 hours?

any explanations?

Thank the footy gods im a multi-premo member.

BrisTiger24

Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I heard that only 3500 member's lined up to get tickets and the remainder 4500 went to the general public.
What happened to 8500 Richmond members im Queensland??

Whoever said that? 3,500 RFC members in QLD. There were 8,000 tickets available for RFC members (which would include members from NNSW, SA, NT and WA if they can travel). They should have allowed two tickets per member barcode. That would have guaranteed a higher number of Richmond supporters. God knows what we are going to get from the public sale.

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
I heard that only 3500 member's lined up to get tickets and the remainder 4500 went to the general public.
What happened to 8500 Richmond members im Queensland??
Surprise surprise they are popping up for sale all over gumtree

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Whoever said that? 3,500 RFC members in QLD. There were 8,000 tickets available for RFC members (which would include members from NNSW, SA, NT and WA if they can travel). They should have allowed two tickets per member barcode. That would have guaranteed a higher number of Richmond supporters. God knows what we are going to get from the public sale.
Who will have a bigger advantage with the crowd?
How many REAL Geelong supporters have bought tickets?
Compared to us??

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Even if the crowd numbers are even, the roar of the Tiger Faithful will still make the Gabba rock