2020 Grand Final Ticket Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Grand Final Ticket Thread

Feb 25, 2007
I simply dont believe that.

5700 tickets sold in 24 hours? for a Grand final featuring Richmond?

C'mon. I know facts are fluid these days, but thats beyond the pale

there were 10,000 at Richmond V North Melbourne at Metricon.
14,000 tkts were pre-sold (no doubt tiger members would've bought in these packages also). dining, corporates, finals series tickets etc.

So that leaves 16K available tkts - 8K each to Tigers and Cats members).

We have 3,503 members in QLD, the only other members who could go were from SA, WA, NT, and ACT.
How many realistically would go due to all the crap with covid, another 1000 or more from these states?

AFL should've allowed 2 tkts per barcode this would've allowed the purchaser to bring along another Tiger tragic and make it more supported by the 2 competing teams. The AFL stuffed up on this big time, giving so many tkts to the general public the next day after members' sale was just wrong. Half the crowd will likely be neutrals. So if every member could buy an extra tkt there would've been 12K tkts purchased and only 4K remaining for the generall public.

Ticketmaster times for members to purchase tickets ended at 4pm on Monday? for those in QLD is that correct? if so, why couldn't ticket sales be open for purchase up to 8pm or later, this I say especially when people get home from work and don't need to rush to buy tkts.

So Thurs is the last chance to purchase tkts by the AFL statement.

"Further tickets may become available as a result of unused allocations. If available, tickets will be released via Ticketmaster at 12pm AEST, Thursday October 22. Tickets will be strictly limited and subject to availability".

Finally, those saying the neutrals will more so be supporting the cats, don't fret even if they do cant see a neutral going crazy for a team they don't support.
They might clap but they won't be yelling out from the rooftops.

The 8 finals teams QLD membership tallies.

AFL QLD MEMBERSHIP 2 .jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
AFL just announced that tickets to General public will go on sale tomorrow
Only 3500 tickets sold to Richmond members , do we have 5000 members in QLD ? Why don’t people want to go
Weird
I’m in a small group of tigers who have witnessed the 2017, 2019, & 2020 flags

I have been the
2017 PF & GF
2019 QF & GF
2020. QF SF & GF*
Hopefully 6 from 7 on Saturday night

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
14,000 tkts were pre-sold (no doubt tiger members would've bought in these packages also). dining, corporates, finals series tickets etc.

So that leaves 16K available tkts - 8K each to Tigers and Cats members).

We have 3,503 members in QLD, the only other members who could go were from SA, WA, NT, and ACT.
How many realistically would go due to all the crap with covid, another 1000 or more from these states?

AFL should've allowed 2 tkts per barcode this would've allowed the purchaser to bring along another Tiger tragic and make it more supported by the 2 competing teams. The AFL stuffed up on this big time, giving so many tkts to the general public the next day after members' sale was just wrong. Half the crowd will likely be neutrals. So if every member could buy an extra tkt there would've been 12K tkts purchased and only 4K remaining for the generall public.

Ticketmaster times for members to purchase tickets ended at 4pm on Monday? for those in QLD is that correct? if so, why couldn't ticket sales be open for purchase up to 8pm or later, this I say especially when people get home from work and don't need to rush to buy tkts.

So Thurs is the last chance to purchase tkts by the AFL statement.

"Further tickets may become available as a result of unused allocations. If available, tickets will be released via Ticketmaster at 12pm AEST, Thursday October 22. Tickets will be strictly limited and subject to availability".

Finally, those saying the neutrals will more so be supporting the cats, don't fret even if they do cant see a neutral going crazy for a team they don't support.
They might clap but they won't be yelling out from the rooftops.

The 8 finals teams QLD membership tallies.

View attachment 10911

Im still surprised by the low uptake by tiger members. It was open to NT, NSW North of Ballina, QLD, SA and ACT (WA too but they need to Q for 2 weeks when they get back).

I would've thought we would get 8,000?

agree it should have been 2 tix per code, however, Id rather all tigers who want tix got tix than not.

I was hoping Brisbane made it through for the town vibe, but after seeing that membership tally, im glad they didnt now.

for all their failings, Brisbane fans are loud.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Ben is considered a global expert in authentic leadership, connection and storytelling. As NIKE's former International Director of Sports Marketing Ben worked closely with many of the world's most famous individuals.

This guy is a must listen.
In the past I’ve questioned many things but what he says & how he articulates it , it’s a wonder how ‘connected’ we are and why clubs continually copy us.
The ‘human’ element is so true. Be true to yourself and show your ‘human side, your vulnerability first not the other way around.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
From Twitter

A limited quantity of tickets have become available for Saturday’s 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final. Tickets will be released for sale via ticketmaster.com.au at 12pm AEST Thursday, October 22.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Still looking for a ticket for my gf. If anyone has one they can't use, pm me. Cheers.