2020 Phantom Draft - Covid style | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Phantom Draft - Covid style

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Hey Turk and FM
I will happily swap to Gold Coast. FM did post before me (I didnt see it) and he does live there so he can take North
Fremantle ok ?
We still need another 7 people and might struggle to get it going, Lets see how we go in the next day

surprised not much interest really

Last edited:

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I'll grab a team, slot me in anywhere, although I live in the West and have a realistic appreciation of West Coast. That being said, they have bugger all picks.

So any team will do really.

Reactions: 1 user

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Hey Turk and FM
I will happily swap to Gold Coast. FM did post before me (I didnt see it) and he does live there so he can take North
Thanks TD. Would you like Freo as well as that would give you a few more picks?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don't know much about the kids, but if you need another, I'll give it a crack. Don't mind who I get, will be a bit of a guess anyway haha

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'll grab a team, slot me in anywhere, although I live in the West and have a realistic appreciation of West Coast. That being said, they have bugger all picks.

So any team will do really.
I gave you Brisbane but if we cant get enough people i will also give you the Eagles as well just so there is enough picks for you to show your talent

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
@Scoop

Off and running ladys and gents

we have 4-5 empty spots but i will allocate a 2nd team to a couple of people after we hit their picks just incase there are others that might want to join along the way.

pick 1 Crows

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Ok. The Crows.. Weird year. Obviously weird. Losing fourteen straight. Wining 3 of the last 4. Even weirder. Picking first you look at what you have to build around.

Reilly O’Brien, Matt Crouch, Rory Laird, injury prone Brodie Smith, injury prone Wayne Milera, injury prone Tom Doedee and maybe Ben Keays.

Then you have the kids, lot of good kids, lot of talls, that’s good. Fischer McAsey, Josh Worell, Elliot Himmelberg, Darcy Fogarty. They’ll get a few out of that bunch. Early picks besides Himmelberg. It’s the right strategy. Playing the numbers games with talls. But there is nothing sure fire. Yet. So you get the first pick in a year that has proven talls and smalls with question marks that can’t be answered without football. Ellijah Hollands without a knee injury is probably pick 1, with a knee and no footy it’s hard to take him at one. And the Crows need to build the midfield, there’s nothing there. Getting Jackson Hately for nothing is huge. 192cm midfielder who is 20 all of next year, Teal cup captain, school captain. Played SANFL seniors. Hard. Leader, top 15 pick entering year three with 13 games under his belt. Will play 20 games next year. Makes it easier to go tall at one.

You have Logan McDonald or Riley Thilthorpe, putting a line through Hollands.

Crows already have a first class ruck, might be the next captain, ROB bit like Nank goes better solo. At some stage Thilthorpe is going to be a ruck. Good collection of his highlights below.

https://sanfl.com.au/draft-pick/riley-thilthorpe/

Nothing long term makes me dislike Thilthrope. Think ruck Corey McKernan. Forward, it’s a bit Joe Daniher but I think he ends up spending more time in the ruck. But the injured groins make me lean to McDonald. Just.

So Logan McDonald, started the year at 193cm and 79kg, now listed at 196cm and 85kg at the combine. Still growing. Ran a 6.33 2km at the combine. Running forward, the Nick Riewoldt calls aren’t crazy. That’s the mould, presents to the ball hard up to the wings and an elite field kick. Natural footballer, makes great decisions. Played against men the entire year against men in the WAFL. Averaged 2.3 goals a games. Made WAFL team of the year as a key forward. Improving rapidly. I rate form in the WALF & SANFL highly.

https://www.wafl.com.au/player/logan-mcdonald

There’s no real question marks. He plays round 1. And it’s actually good for him to have Tex Walker & Tom Lynch mentoring him for a year. Could pair with Darcy Fogarty and rotate between deep and pushing up the ground. It’s a pretty comfortable fit to a huge hole they have.

Pick 1, Logan McDonald.

Last edited:

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
North bid on JUH. Don’t think anyone has the Bulldogs, but presuming that is matched they choose Elijah Hollands.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Bulldogs match bid on JUH - No brainer and didnt allocate anybody for this doggies selection as it just about wipes the reat out

@footballmonk your up again mate

Matching the bid requires - 2013 points
Bulldogs picks - 26 + 33 + 41 + 42 =2099 points

Doggies #54 is now #48

Last edited:

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Elijah Hollands then. Disappointed to miss out on a key forward, but he’ll bring much needed class through the midfield. Sydney @Tigerdog , you’re up.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I'll ttake another club if needed. I don't think Sydney have many picks.

Sydney select Riley Thilthorpe.

Last edited: