2020 Phantom Draft - Covid style | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Phantom Draft - Covid style

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
O'Driscoll sliding—I really like what he offers and won't be surprised if he lands in the top dozen in the real thing.

Poulter, Ford, Berry and Powell still available. Reckon the versatility of the first two might appeal to the Tigers if either is available on the night.

Reactions: 2 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Hope so.
I would like this kid.
Cant go wrong with Taswegians..(laugh )
Agree, @waiting. I'm drawn to Callow.

Partly it's because now is the time to be grooming our next key forward.

But I also reckon the kid simply shows massive promise as a high quality player.

And when I look at our list, I'd hate to get another dime-a-dozen midfielder, such as a Jack Higgins, only for them to be stifled of opportunity due to having the likes of Dow, RCD and Ross in front of them.

There are definitely some interesting talls/utilities in this draft group (Rosman, Ford, Poulter and, of course, Callow).

That's where I'd like to see the Tigers go with our first pick.

Best available mid with our second then MRJ with our third.

Job done.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Agree, @waiting. I'm drawn to Callow.

Partly it's because now is the time to be grooming our next key forward.

But I also reckon the kid simply shows massive promise as a high quality player.

And when I look at our list, I'd hate to get another dime-a-dozen midfielder, such as a Jack Higgins, only for them to be stifled of opportunity due to having the likes of Dow, RCD and Ross in front of them.

There are definitely some interesting talls/utilities in this draft group (Rosman, Ford, Poulter and, of course, Callow).

That's where I'd like to see the Tigers go with our first pick.

Best available mid with our second then MRJ with our third.

Job done.
That’s what I hope too. Agree with your post 100%.
List needs.
Forward to replace Jack in time should be first priority.
We have mids waiting and who are exciting.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
@turk-d-tiger, could you please work through the points situation for Collingwood? Did we have to use our first pick to secure McInnes?
Yes you did but there is just no room to move the next pickup so just to make it simple i have left it as the next pick so basically you just used the next pick. if you didnt want to match i can change it to who you want and take Reef for GWS

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Pretty sure you will have lost this pick, picking up McInnes. Ie bid at 16, lose Pick 19 but gain back Pick 65
No this pick is actually the first pick that is originally #14 that they have matched with the pick for callow is their next pick which is #16 originally

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Yes you did but there is just no room to move the next pickup so just to make it simple i have left it as the next pick so basically you just used the next pick. if you didnt want to match i can change it to who you want and take Reef for GWS
Happy to have matched; I think that is what the Pies would do so I'll stick with that.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
#20 - RFC
Isiah Winder - 180cm 79kg.
Super quick, super athletic Indigenous forward/mid. Yet another excitement machine who will create havoc in tandem with $hai.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Pick 21 Melbourne select Nathan O'Driscoll
Pick 22. Melbourne select Sam Berry

Next up is GWS with Pick 23 @turk-d-tiger

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
#20 - RFC
Isiah Winder - 180cm 79kg.
Super quick, super athletic Indigenous forward/mid. Yet another excitement machine who will create havoc in tandem with $hai.
I like it. I have wondered if the lad Coleman, brother of the Brisbane fella who made a good impression this season and with a similar skillset to Winder, is on our radar.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
GWS pick #23 - Tom Powell

183cm/74kg
2/3/02
Sturt/South Australia
Midfielder

Really happy Tom Powell is still available and wouldnt mind if richmond select him at #17 in the draft real inside ball magnet

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Seems to be real depth around 15-25.
I would be stoked to get NO'D or Powell, both are proven quality mids.
A couple still out there too.
And if we picked Winder .... well its a wildcard that we just know will be a star

Reactions: 1 users