2020 Phantom Draft - Covid style | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Phantom Draft - Covid style

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'm really starting to get sick of this clown Cal Twomey constantly copying my picks and claiming as his own

Me - Picking for GWS
Pick #13 - Nick Cox
Pick #33 - Shannon Neale

Cal Twomey picks for GWS
Pick #12 - Nick Cox
Pick #30 - Shannon Neale

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'm going to be flat-chat with work for the next few days so Collingwood has decided to jump the gun and make its final pick now.

Hopefully neither the Dogs nor the Eagles were keen on this bloke; I doubt they would have been given both clubs are well stocked for small forwards.

Pick #75

Tariek Newchurch
North Adelaide
21/07/2002
182cm / 77kg

The Crows will be filthy to see Newchurch taken in the main draft, as, by all accounts, they were hoping he'd slip into the rookie draft. However, the Pies have swooped here due to Newchurch's agility and forward craft. It's been a while since Collingwood has had a quality Indigenous small forward—Leon Davis and Andy Krakouer were probably the most recent—and we think Newchurch will thrill the supporters just like Neon Leon and Krak could. Speed and goal sense are Newchurch's best attributes, while a need to work on the defensive side of his game means he is likely to be a longer-term prospect. Expect Newchurch to hone his craft for at least a season in the reserves.

Collingwood's six picks in the famous PRE phantom draft are:

#16 Reef McInnes—big bodied inside midfielder (matched bid)
#19 Jackson Callow—sure handed, accurate-kicking full forward
#56 Lachlan Carrigan—tall outside mid/winger with speed to burn
#61 Brodie Lake—mid-sized forward with speed and smarts
#66 Malachy Carruthers—potential third tall defender with an excellent boot
#75 Tariek Newchurch—crafty small Indigenous forward with great goal sense

After a diabolical trade period, the Pies think they've salvaged something from the wreckage.

We think McInnes and Lake could be in the round one side, while, in time, Callow will straighten us up forward of the ball. Carrigan offers great outside speed and decision-making, which we desperately need, while Carruthers provides us with an important third tall defender but with excellent disposal, too. Newchurch adds flair and unpredictability around the goals.

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Melbourne Football Club Draft Selections
Pick 21. Nathan O'Driscoll

Perth, WAFL / Northern Saints
Height: 187cm
Weight: 78kg
17/05/02

A tough, strong-bodied midfielder who is adept at the stoppages. O'Driscoll played in the championships last year as a bottom-ager for Western Australia and was an All-Australian at under-16s level.
O'Driscoll's contested ball-winning ability is his drawcard – he averaged 25 disposals for Perth's colts side last year – but he has also been used off half-back with impact.

Pick 22. Sam Berry
Gippsland Power, NAB League / Maffra / Melbourne Grammar
Height: 181cm
Weight: 81kg
12/02/02
Medium forward/midfielder who is a contested ball winning beast, is strong overhead, clean at ground level and can hit the scoreboard. A resilient and competitive type who is also a strong tackler, he has a big tank recording a 21.7 Yo Yo in preseason testing. Strong performer for the Gippsland Power in 2019 in the NAB League as a bottom aged player, averaging 17.7 disposals (9.8 contested) and began 2020 full of promise gathering 20 possessions (15 contested) in one trial match before shutdown.

Pick 31. Bailey Laurie
Oakleigh Chargers, NAB League / Beverley Hills / Caufield Grammar
Height: 179cm
24/03/02
Small forward/midfielder with elite game sense whose decision making with the ball, composure and clean hands, sets him apart. His footy nous and clever use of the ball made him an eye catching bottom aged player with the Oakleigh Chargers in their premiership year in 2019 averaging 15.3 disposals in seven matches. Looked set to take his game further with 23 disposals in only trial before shutdown. Ran a strong 2 km in 6 minutes 24 seconds at the NAB AFL Draft Combine in Melbourne confirming his endurance.

Pick 44. Corey Durdin
Central District / Golden Grove
Height: 173cm
Weight: 72kg
14/2/2002
Small Midfielder/Small Forward
The Bulldogs’ Torrens University Draft Target measures in at just 172cm and 71kg but that certainly doesn’t prevent him from attacking the contest with ferocity against much larger opponents. He has elite skills, clean hands and an excellent ability to win contests at ground level

Pick 72. Josh Green
GWS Giants Academy / Marist -ACT
Height: 192cm
Weight: 87kg
24/07/02
Versatile type who can play back, midfield or forward with his strength in the air a real asset. A real competitive type who thrives in the contest, he is the brother of GWS Giants Rising star Tom Green and grandson of former Richmond Premiership star Michael Green

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
73. Western Bulldogs - Kalin Lain
74. West Coast - Max Holmes
76. Port Adelaide - Oscar McDonald

I have added the last 3 picks and finished this phantom , Great effort guys and well done,We got some good names out there and now we look foward to tomorrow night.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Greater Western Sydney - Giants

Pick #13 - Nick Cox

Pick #17 - Jack Carroll

Pick #18 - Oliver Henry

Pick #23 - Tom Powell

Pick #33 - Shannon Neale

Pick #46 - Liam Kolar

Pick #67 - Conor Stone

• Wow

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks for running it @turk-d-tiger , some real bargains in our draft, reckon Stone, Pedlar & Holmes (who all went 65+) could all go top 30 tonight.

Reactions: 3 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Melbourne Football Club Draft Selections
Pick 21. Nathan O'Driscoll
Perth, WAFL / Northern Saints
Height: 187cm
17/05/02

A tough, strong-bodied midfielder who is adept at the stoppages. O'Driscoll played in the championships last year as a bottom-ager for Western Australia and was an All-Australian at under-16s level.
O'Driscoll's contested ball-winning ability is his drawcard – he averaged 25 disposals for Perth's colts side last year – but he has also been used off half-back with impact.

Pick 22. Sam Berry
Gippsland Power, NAB League / Maffra / Melbourne Grammar
Height: 181cm
Weight: 81kg
12/02/02
Medium forward/midfielder who is a contested ball winning beast, is strong overhead, clean at ground level and can hit the scoreboard. A resilient and competitive type who is also a strong tackler, he has a big tank recording a 21.7 Yo Yo in preseason testing. Strong performer for the Gippsland Power in 2019 in the NAB League as a bottom aged player, averaging 17.7 disposals (9.8 contested) and began 2020 full of promise gathering 20 possessions (15 contested) in one trial match before shutdown.

Pick 31. Bailey Laurie
Oakleigh Chargers, NAB League / Beverley Hills / Caufield Grammar
Height: 179cm
24/03/02
Small forward/midfielder with elite game sense whose decision making with the ball, composure and clean hands, sets him apart. His footy nous and clever use of the ball made him an eye catching bottom aged player with the Oakleigh Chargers in their premiership year in 2019 averaging 15.3 disposals in seven matches. Looked set to take his game further with 23 disposals in only trial before shutdown. Ran a strong 2 km in 6 minutes 24 seconds at the NAB AFL Draft Combine in Melbourne confirming his endurance.

Pick 44. Corey Durdin
Central District / Golden Grove
Height: 173cm
Weight: 72kg
14/2/2002
Small Midfielder/Small Forward
The Bulldogs’ Torrens University Draft Target measures in at just 172cm and 71kg but that certainly doesn’t prevent him from attacking the contest with ferocity against much larger opponents. He has elite skills, clean hands and an excellent ability to win contests at ground level

Pick 72. Josh Green
GWS Giants Academy / Marist -ACT
Height: 192cm
Weight: 87kg
24/07/02
Versatile type who can play back, midfield or forward with his strength in the air a real asset. A real competitive type who thrives in the contest, he is the brother of GWS Giants Rising star Tom Green and grandson of former Richmond Premiership star Michael Green
Pick 31. Bailey Laurie Drafted by Melbourne Pick 22
Pick 21. Nathan O'Driscoll Drafted by Fremantle Pick 27
Pick 22. Sam Berry Drafted by Adelaide Pick 28
Pick 44. Corey Durdin Drafted by Carlton Pick 37
Pick 72. Josh Green Undrafted

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Greater Western Sydney - Giants

Pick #13 - Nick Cox

Pick #17 - Jack Carroll

Pick #18 - Oliver Henry

Pick #23 - Tom Powell

Pick #33 - Shannon Neale

Pick #46 - Liam Kolar

Pick #67 - Conor Stone
Pick #13 - Nick Cox - Actual #8 to Essendon

Pick #17 - Jack Carroll - Actual #41 to Carlton

Pick #18 - Oliver Henry - Actual #17 to Collingwood

Pick #23 - Tom Powell - Actual #13 to North Melbourne

Pick #33 - Shannon Neale -Actual #33 to Geelong (got this 1 exact)

Pick #46 - Liam Kolar - Undrafted

Pick #67 - Conor Stone - Actual #15 to GWS

Liam Kolar the only player i missed over all pretty good i think
Slider-Carroll
Bolter-Stone
Bulls eye- Neale

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
ESSENDON picks
8. Essendon - Archie Perkins- PICK 9- Essendon
9. Essendon -Heath Chapman- PICK 14- Freo
10. Essendon - Tanner Bruhn- PICK 12- GWS
40. Essendon - Cody Brand- PICK 53

Not too bad. I was dudded a bit by having to pick Brand (an academy player) with my last pick, and then not being able to match on Eyre. The Dons were able to get both in the real thing.
I went a bit safe with my 3 early picks, picking 3 guys who I am confident will have an impact rather than taking the more risky skinny talls that the Dons took. I was also aware that I would get Brand (and I thought Eyre) so went small with 2 picks.

Thanks Turk for running- always fun.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Brisbane Pick #47 - Kailin Lane

204 cm developing ruck/ tall forward from Walpole via Claremont WAFL. Great tap ruckman and very good set shot for goal.

Has emerged this season from a basketball background, and is noted for his competitiveness. His is a solid contested mark and could develop into a Tom Lynch type forward in time. Strong tackler who can win contested ball after competing in the ruck, and does a lot of work around the ground. He is seen as the type of player who will greatly benefit from being in an AFL system.

@Tigerdog

I see the Lions ended up with Lane via the Mid-season draft.

They'd be ecstatic with that. They were sweet on him in the National draft, so to get him here is a significant win for them, even if he doesn't pan out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I see the Lions ended up with Lane via the Mid-season draft.

They'd be ecstatic with that. They were sweet on him in the National draft, so to get him here is a significant win for them, even if he doesn't pan out.
Not surprised they took a ruck. Chol pistol-whipped their reserve rucks the other week. If Big O goes down they're rooted.