2020 Round 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Round 1 Richmond V Carlton Game Day

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Has anyone ever seen Silvani play well? Other than the sidestep goal didn't see him do anything good 6 disposals with 50% disposal efficiency.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Anyone notice the constant scanning of an EMPTY MCG by 7?

Why?

Hope they are thinking laterally for next week about crowds or something to install some sort of atmosphere.

We all have some decent thoughts ideas out there.

Hope the AFL think it through.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Dont understand why we r so poor at center stopages - we have such a good and varied midfield but continue to get outplayed in there. Hell if we cud break even or even win the center clearances we wud b deadly... By the by - what a wanker is McGovern another sniper and paper tough guy from what i saw last night.

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
I thought we really struggled to re-organise the backline once Vlastuin went off, also not helped with Carlton having no tall forwards with Casboult having to ruck, meaning no good match up for Astbury. These two things together seemed to be problematic.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dont understand why we r so poor at center stopages - we have such a good and varied midfield but continue to get outplayed in there. Hell if we cud break even or even win the center clearances we wud b deadly... By the by - what a wanker is McGovern another sniper and paper tough guy from what i saw last night.

Clearances were 33 to 30 so not a huge difference.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Whilst transferring fron Canberra to Perth yesterday at Tullamairine Airport sitting there was a forlorn figure in Tiger membership regalia on. One addressed him with " somewhat of a bumma missing the game tonight " & he replied in the affirmative but then I replied " there will be next year no doubt ".

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I want to watch the game again but just can't.

I rewatched and got more joy out of it than last night.

Prestia, gun
Shai and Rioli showing signs of taking their games to another level.

Also I think people will soon get use to watching without crowds, I did after only 2nd viewing, we are still watching the best in the business ply their trade, better than nothing so may as well enjoy it before it disappears from our screens altogether.

Reactions: 6 users

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Don't get the "social distancing" after they have been tackling and throwing themselves at each other all night.

Might as well shake hands at the end, they have all been in contact. This is a contact sport.

DS
i agree David, however it does send the wrong message when they've been so regular about handshakes.
Had an idea.
Do everything as normal (and as you say the contact in game makes the handshake thing redundant) but after lining up to shake hands place the used disinfectant bucket that they've washed the balls in at the entrance to the rooms and everyone dips their hands in before entering the rooms.
Redundant due to prior contact but a lot better look and sends the right message to the population watching.

Over to you Eddie and Gil.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
There were lots of things different about last night's game, some good, some bad, some quite interesting, some frustrating.

Yes it was weird seeing empty seats but the lack of crowd noise, a banner and the drummers when the boys run out, and just "atmosphere" sucked.
I didn't like hearing suck 'ol Scum players whooping it up every time they got a goal from a free kick. And the commentators cheering them on!
I chuckled at hearing the Tiger players calling for the ball during play. Did anyone hear "Fridge, Fridge"! Made me smile.
And I nearly needed (another) new telly with the reaming we were getting from the green maggots. I guess that hasn't changed!

I love going to games and watching on TV. On a typical weekend I watch a lot of footy but my feeling from last night is I'll watch the Tigers' games but not sure I've much interest in the rest. Will try and watch some of tonight's game but I may turn off at quarter time.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Carlton supporter rang SEN to complain about the first 50 to Edwards (100% there) and the non-paid mark to Walsh in 1st qtr. Then went on to say he thought they dominated and were unlucky and rattled of numerous stats showing how much better they were than us. Some things never change hey?

The beauty is everyone knows exactly how we are going to play, we have played the same way for 3 plus years yet no one can combat it. Its marvellous.

The only disappointment was not being able to soak it all up at the game, the banter would have been soo much fun.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Daisy Thomas having a dig at the grippo we used. Says it’s amazing how clean handed Richmond. In rd 21 last year he r3called how difficult it was for Carlton players to grab the ball but Richmond did it with ease. Then he bizarrely added when they (Carlton) touched the ball after Richmond had it how much of this amazing grippo was on the ball. like no other grippo.... :rotfl2

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Daisy Thomas having a dig at the grippo we used. Says it’s amazing how clean handed Richmond. In rd 21 last year he r3called how difficult it was for Carlton players to grab the ball but Richmond did it with ease. Then he bizarrely added when they (Carlton) touched the ball after Richmond had it how much of this amazing grippo was on the ball. like no other grippo.... :rotfl2

Grippogate

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Poor old Carlton..... how's about they stop blaming everyone and everything and have a look at some of those ball butchers they've recruited like Sosos and Dow!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I know we won a flag last season without Rance, however thought we really missed him the other night , especially when Vlaustin went off. First hit out of the year, however just didn’t like the way the Blues were able to score ina shortened match. Rance obviously is irreplaceable, however I think somebody needs to step up into the back half over this season, imho it will be the difference between a flag and not

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We looked slow at times, with the 2 rucks, Caddy and Fridge.
I posted on the team selected thread about the shortened quarters and the need to play 2 rucks.
It may have been because Kreuzer went off, but the Paperbaggers looked faster than us at times.
An interesting selection week coming up.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Old school winter tactic. Hock up a lumpy green flu looby n smear it over the ball, don't need no grippo.

Used to be resin on the hands, then it was gloves with special sticky surface, now it's Grippo. Surprised someone as experienced as Daisy wouldn't be using something to assist with handling a damp n slippery ball.