2021 AFL (preseason) Community Series | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 AFL (preseason) Community Series

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Very very good surface and set up at Lavington .

Us up in the North east and border have been blessed with having the Tiges either in Wang or with in an hours drive.

looks Like another large C & C night at Dustys Bar & Grill before the Maurie jnr show

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
Very very good surface and set up at Lavington .

Us up in the North east and border have been blessed with having the Tiges either in Wang or with in an hours drive.

looks Like another large C & C night at Dustys Bar & Grill before the Maurie jnr show
Yes the upgrades are great at Lavi.

We have had the boys up in our region a few times over the last few years haven't we.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yes the upgrades are great at Lavi.

We have had the boys up in our region a few times over the last few years haven't we.
Yep it’s bloody awesome , somebody told me we’d get all these games because we helped the AFL out a few years back

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Personally I wish that at least one of the practice games could be played closer to Melbourne, such as in towns like Moe and Yea, or at the old Skinner Reserve. in the western suburbs. Four hours drive to Albury is a bit much for me. I remember going to a game in Yea several years ago and it was a great crowd and a great atmosphere. Even better, we beat Geelong. I remember seeing Matthew Richardson playing for the first time in a practice match at Skinner Reserve. He looked like we had a very good player in our hands. Don't know why Skinner Reserve isn't used any more.

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Personally I wish that at least one of the practice games could be played closer to Melbourne, such as in towns like Moe and Yea, or at the old Skinner Reserve. in the western suburbs. Four hours drive to Albury is a bit much for me. I remember going to a game in Yea several years ago and it was a great crowd and a great atmosphere. Even better, we beat Geelong. I remember seeing Matthew Richardson playing for the first time in a practice match at Skinner Reserve. He looked like we had a very good player in our hands. Don't know why Skinner Reserve isn't used any more.
im with you mate
skinner reserve is a great ground to have these pre season games, and there's an awesome pizza shop across the road !
used to be great going there to watch pre season games (as kids we would sneak under the fence near the houses to watch sunshine in the vfa)
simpler times back then

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
So whose getting excited? :bananaJust over 7 weeks away!

If you live in Victoria (or maybe Southern NSW), do yourself a favour and take a trip to Lavington (Covid permitting, of course).

It's a great day out, awesome ground, and a chance to see the next breed of Tigers strutting their stuff. First praccy match usually has a few young fellas playing. Can't say for sure but they might even let the kids on the ground for a kick at half time or after the game.

We now live near Noarlunga, so Mrs. Quickdraw and I will be there for the Crows game. Mrs. Quickdraw will be wearing both a Crows and a Tigers scarf :rotfl1 (she's a Crows supporter, but a Richmond member).

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
If it takes you 4 hours to drive to Albury from Melbourne you must be a Volvo driver.:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2

Normally takes just over 3 hrs.(2hrs 40 min if you are in a hurry):mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
If it takes you 4 hours to drive to Albury from Melbourne you must be a Volvo driver.:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2

depends where you live in Melbourne i suppose.
there would be a fair difference if driving from Broadmeadows compared to Braeside, for example, not matter what you drive

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

LOL, Melbourne to Albury is 328.3 km's , to do it in 3 hours you would need to AVERAGE 109.33 KPH

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
LOL, Melbourne to Albury is 328.3 km's , to do it in 3 hours you would need to AVERAGE 109.33 KPH
Freeway is near enough all 110 kph.
If you're running from the outer Nthn subs ya can fudge it easy enough. Lop off 15 / 20 K's from the CBD n another 5K's for the off ramp on Albury's outskirts n ya don't even need to fudge.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just depends where you're starting from.

If you're coming from somewhere down the Mornington Peninsula it's around 4.5hrs.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
So whose getting excited? :bananaJust over 7 weeks away!

If you live in Victoria (or maybe Southern NSW), do yourself a favour and take a trip to Lavington (Covid permitting, of course).

We live in crazy times :}

Almost 800 Aussies die each month from lung cancer - singularly attributed to smoking - yet we fret over a flu that has less mortality than???? AIDS? SARS? Anything???

The reality is that you are all enjoying (supporting?) propaganda of an unprecedented level (think Kristallnacht) and will in three months time say:

"Oh wow - we're so lucky to go to the football and wear masks"

You idiots!

UN *smile* BELIEVABLE!!!!!!